We are visiting Chicago in early September and have tickets to Ravinia. I have checked out the travel arrangements and we will be getting the train back to Chicago after the concert. It is the journey from Ogilvie Transportation Center back to our hotel (Intercontinental) that is the concern. I would not be comfortable walking in the areas around mainline train stations here in London in the middle of the night and feel equally uncomfortable doing this in a city that I don't know. I've looked on Google Maps to see what the walking option was like and the underpasses between OTC and the hotel look as if they could be a bit intimidating in the early hours of the morning. I gather the train back from Ravinia Park waits for the end of the concert so the time of arrival at OTC is not certain (making it difficult to book a car) although it will be around midnight I guess. Will there be taxis waiting at the station at that time? It is a shortish walk from OTC to the 151 bus service which I think goes past the hotel but are there likely to be crowds doing this or will we be a little isolated? I guess this sounds a bit wet but I don't want to spoil a great day spending the last 15 minutes feeling intimidated even if nothing happens.
Chicago - late night travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Please help me with my Minnesota itinerary
- 2 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 3 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 4 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 5 NYC
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 8 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 9 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 10 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 11 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 12 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 13 Seattle: Something Different?
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Back from Miami Beach
- 16 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 17 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 18 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 19 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 20 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 21 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 22 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 23 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 24 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 25 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay