We are visiting Chicago in early September and have tickets to Ravinia. I have checked out the travel arrangements and we will be getting the train back to Chicago after the concert. It is the journey from Ogilvie Transportation Center back to our hotel (Intercontinental) that is the concern. I would not be comfortable walking in the areas around mainline train stations here in London in the middle of the night and feel equally uncomfortable doing this in a city that I don't know. I've looked on Google Maps to see what the walking option was like and the underpasses between OTC and the hotel look as if they could be a bit intimidating in the early hours of the morning. I gather the train back from Ravinia Park waits for the end of the concert so the time of arrival at OTC is not certain (making it difficult to book a car) although it will be around midnight I guess. Will there be taxis waiting at the station at that time? It is a shortish walk from OTC to the 151 bus service which I think goes past the hotel but are there likely to be crowds doing this or will we be a little isolated? I guess this sounds a bit wet but I don't want to spoil a great day spending the last 15 minutes feeling intimidated even if nothing happens.
Chicago - late night travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 2 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 5 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 6 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 7 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 8 New York City Restaurants
- 9 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 10 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 11 Boston/Fenway park
- 12 California self drive trip
- 13 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 14 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 15 Timeshare Nightmares
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 10 day trip to California
- 18 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 19 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 20 Drive along the Columbia River
- 21 Wine Country Picnic
- 22 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 23 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas