We are visiting Chicago in early September and have tickets to Ravinia. I have checked out the travel arrangements and we will be getting the train back to Chicago after the concert. It is the journey from Ogilvie Transportation Center back to our hotel (Intercontinental) that is the concern. I would not be comfortable walking in the areas around mainline train stations here in London in the middle of the night and feel equally uncomfortable doing this in a city that I don't know. I've looked on Google Maps to see what the walking option was like and the underpasses between OTC and the hotel look as if they could be a bit intimidating in the early hours of the morning. I gather the train back from Ravinia Park waits for the end of the concert so the time of arrival at OTC is not certain (making it difficult to book a car) although it will be around midnight I guess. Will there be taxis waiting at the station at that time? It is a shortish walk from OTC to the 151 bus service which I think goes past the hotel but are there likely to be crowds doing this or will we be a little isolated? I guess this sounds a bit wet but I don't want to spoil a great day spending the last 15 minutes feeling intimidated even if nothing happens.
Chicago - late night travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Best places to move to Florida?
- 3 West Coast Bound End of March
- 4 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 5 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 6 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 7 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 8 Oahu ideas
- 9 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 10 Key Largo, FL
- 11 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 12 Death Valley in June
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 15 San Diego grocery stores
- 16 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 21 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 22 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 23 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 24 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 25 Huntington Beach - hostels?