We are visiting Chicago in early September and have tickets to Ravinia. I have checked out the travel arrangements and we will be getting the train back to Chicago after the concert. It is the journey from Ogilvie Transportation Center back to our hotel (Intercontinental) that is the concern. I would not be comfortable walking in the areas around mainline train stations here in London in the middle of the night and feel equally uncomfortable doing this in a city that I don't know. I've looked on Google Maps to see what the walking option was like and the underpasses between OTC and the hotel look as if they could be a bit intimidating in the early hours of the morning. I gather the train back from Ravinia Park waits for the end of the concert so the time of arrival at OTC is not certain (making it difficult to book a car) although it will be around midnight I guess. Will there be taxis waiting at the station at that time? It is a shortish walk from OTC to the 151 bus service which I think goes past the hotel but are there likely to be crowds doing this or will we be a little isolated? I guess this sounds a bit wet but I don't want to spoil a great day spending the last 15 minutes feeling intimidated even if nothing happens.
Chicago - late night travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 charleston during Christmas Week
- 5 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 6 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 7 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 11 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 12 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 13 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 14 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 17 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 18 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 19 Key West Hotel in January
- 20 los angeles restaurants
- 21 West Maui Restaurants
- 22 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 23 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 24 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 25 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?