We are visiting Chicago in early September and have tickets to Ravinia. I have checked out the travel arrangements and we will be getting the train back to Chicago after the concert. It is the journey from Ogilvie Transportation Center back to our hotel (Intercontinental) that is the concern. I would not be comfortable walking in the areas around mainline train stations here in London in the middle of the night and feel equally uncomfortable doing this in a city that I don't know. I've looked on Google Maps to see what the walking option was like and the underpasses between OTC and the hotel look as if they could be a bit intimidating in the early hours of the morning. I gather the train back from Ravinia Park waits for the end of the concert so the time of arrival at OTC is not certain (making it difficult to book a car) although it will be around midnight I guess. Will there be taxis waiting at the station at that time? It is a shortish walk from OTC to the 151 bus service which I think goes past the hotel but are there likely to be crowds doing this or will we be a little isolated? I guess this sounds a bit wet but I don't want to spoil a great day spending the last 15 minutes feeling intimidated even if nothing happens.
Chicago - late night travel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 Colorado in the summer!
- 5 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 6 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 11 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 12 Brooklyn why?
- 13 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 14 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 15 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 16 Kennedy Space Center
- 17 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 18 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 19 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 20 5 week in US/Mexico
- 21 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 22 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 23 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC