Planning a day trip to Chicago and want to do some different things away from the usual. will arrive on Amtrak or else try the Park n' Ride around Joliet (suggestions welcome on how to do that!). thinking about trying the free Chicago Greeters 1 hour drop in tour of the Loop. then thinking of navigating one of the L routes into the neighborhoods. saw a suggestion for Lincoln Park I like. Or else would also be interested in a neighborhood that is more casual this trip. going with someone who likes Irish, sports, history, and beer/wine.....if there is another neighborhood suggestion. also thinking about attending Saturday mass at a traditional/beautiful Catholic Church. Since it's summer, getting neat the water (besides on navy pier) would also be nice. Just a day trip to experience a few new things. thanks for any suggestions! Two adults and no kids for the day!
Chicago day trip.....getting off my usual beat......suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 2 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 3 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 4 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 5 Boulder Hotels. Want nice !! Near U of C
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Jersey Boys Show ? Las Vegas
- 8 best area to stay in san diego
- 9 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 10 San Francisco - mid October
- 11 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 12 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 13 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 14 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 17 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 18 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 19 Denver 1 day in denver
- 20 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 21 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 22 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 23 Burlington VT day trip
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)