Planning a day trip to Chicago and want to do some different things away from the usual. will arrive on Amtrak or else try the Park n' Ride around Joliet (suggestions welcome on how to do that!). thinking about trying the free Chicago Greeters 1 hour drop in tour of the Loop. then thinking of navigating one of the L routes into the neighborhoods. saw a suggestion for Lincoln Park I like. Or else would also be interested in a neighborhood that is more casual this trip. going with someone who likes Irish, sports, history, and beer/wine.....if there is another neighborhood suggestion. also thinking about attending Saturday mass at a traditional/beautiful Catholic Church. Since it's summer, getting neat the water (besides on navy pier) would also be nice. Just a day trip to experience a few new things. thanks for any suggestions! Two adults and no kids for the day!
Chicago day trip.....getting off my usual beat......suggestions
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 3 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 6 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 7 charleston during Christmas Week
- 8 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 9 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 15 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 16 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 17 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 21 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 22 Key West Hotel in January
- 23 los angeles restaurants
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 2 or 3 nights in Hana