Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida or caribbean
- 2 Yosemite in Winter
- 3 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 4 Miami Marlins
- 5 Northern California in February
- 6 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 7 Portland, OR hotel question
- 8 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 9 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 12 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 13 Active Vacation
- 14 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 15 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 16 Orlando in March
- 17 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 18 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 19 Quick SoCal question
- 20 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 21 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 22 New England September
- 23 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 24 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles