Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Romantic destination in the US
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 4 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 5 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 6 Moving out of states from Florida
- 7 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 8 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 9 family road trip
- 10 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 11 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston