Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 2 Vegas hotels for families
- 3 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 4 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 5 best area to stay in san diego
- 6 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 7 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 8 San Antonio Hotels
- 9 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 10 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 11 Do I need to buy tickets in advance for Chicago Art Institute?
- 12 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 13 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 14 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 15 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 16 Two airports to choose from?
- 17 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 18 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 19 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 22 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 23 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 24 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 25 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?