Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 2 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 3 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 4 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 5 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 6 getting around DC
- 7 Metro Card Options
- 8 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 9 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 12 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 13 Oahu
- 14 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 15 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 16 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 17 Transportation suggestions from JFK to Teaneck/Tenafly, NJ
- 18 Need Minnesota leaf color reports
- 19 Dressing up for theatre in new york
- 20 San Francisco - mid October
- 21 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 22 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 23 Eating at south Lake Tahoe
- 24 Newport Restaurants
- 25 103rd annual northern Navajo nation fair