Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 2 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 3 moving to florida
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 6 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 7 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 8 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 9 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 10 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 11 Boston/Salem with kids
- 12 Connecticut River Byway
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 15 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 16 San Diego farmer's markets
- 17 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 18 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 19 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 20 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 21 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 22 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 23 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 24 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 25 drive from SF to crater lake