Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Skiing New Mexico
- 2 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 3 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 4 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 5 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 6 Where to from Tampa?
- 7 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 8 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!
- 9 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 12 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 13 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 14 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 15 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 18 Thinking about moving from PA to Florida (Dr. Phillips area of Orlando)
- 19 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 20 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Drive from Grand Canyon to Prescott next week
- 22 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 23 Special Occasion/Fancy Dress shops in South Florida
- 24 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 25 Is the New York subway safe?