Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 4 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 5 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 6 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 7 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 8 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 9 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 10 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 11 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 San Diego Little Italy
- 15 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 16 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 17 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 20 Key West Hotel in January
- 21 Healdsburg tips
- 22 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 los angeles restaurants
- 25 Where to add a few days in Colorado?