Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 2 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 3 Seattle in April
- 4 Suggested route for National Park's drive, starting in Glacier NP.........
- 5 Where to stay and what to do in New York!?
- 6 Maui - Haleakala
- 7 Where to stay in Boston and how to get to Stowe
- 8 Ft. Myers Beach Hotels
- 9 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 10 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 11 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 12 California San Diego area lodging
- 13 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 14 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 15 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 16 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 17 Kauai Garden tours
- 18 Utah 2
- 19 Las Vegas in March
- 20 Chicago to New England Road trip
- 21 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 22 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 23 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 24 Budget hotels in Ft Meyers
- 25 Montana- what are must see places?