Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 5 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 6 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 7 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 8 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 9 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 10 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 11 Kennedy Space Center
- 12 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 13 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 14 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 15 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 19 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 25 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???