Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 2 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 3 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 4 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 5 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 8 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 9 WISCONSIN
- 10 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 11 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 12 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 13 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 14 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 15 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 16 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 17 Brooklyn why?
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 23 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 24 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 25 Dining in D.C.