Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 6 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 7 Alaska
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 11 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 12 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 13 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 19 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 20 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 21 San Diego grocery stores
- 22 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 23 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles