Instead of traveling home this year, we're planning on meeting up in Chicago. There is a really good deal at the Fairmont going on over the holiday weekend but wanted to know what (other than shopping) there would be to do. I've been to Chicago plenty of times and have friends there, but other family members have not. IS anything openon Thanksgiving day itself? A parade? And we are hoping to have a great dinner (non-turkey) I'd love David Burke's Primehouse but not sure - open to suggestions. Some girly stuff - spa, shopping and some manly stuff - sports, drinking - but no typical touristy Chicago stuff, rather authentic Chicago, neighborhood stuff to do. I know this is kind of vague, but really have no set itinerary.
Chicago at Thanksgiving
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How to dress in Vegas
- 2 charlotte
- 3 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 4 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 5 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 6 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 7 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 8 Sonoma or napa?
- 9 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 USA trip
- 12 Black Hills Trip Report
- 13 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 14 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 15 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 16 Cape Cod in October
- 17 Air Connections on Maui
- 18 Theater Historians
- 19 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 20 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 21 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 22 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 23 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 24 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 25 Getaway