I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rejection 1(855)-481+5333 Turbotax tax rejection/charges error support num
- 2 Rejection 1(855)-481+5333 Turbotax tax rejection/charges error support num
- 3 Rejection 1(855)-481+5333 Turbotax tax rejection/charges error support num
- 4 Hawaii and...where?
- 5 Short Oregon Trip
- 6 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 7 arizona rte 66
- 8 Philadelphia travel ideas
- 9 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 10 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 11 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 12 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 13 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 14 Another Great DC Trip
- 15 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 16 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 17 Black History Museum
- 18 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 19 Chicago 2017
- 20 How much time in Badlands?
- 21 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 22 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 23 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 24 DC Restaurants
- 25 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild