I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Chicago and surroundings
- 1 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 2 Cape Ann area
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 Kauai golf
- 5 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 6 stay near newark or nyc
- 7 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 8 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 9 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 10 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 11 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 12 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 13 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 14 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 15 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 16 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 17 Minneapolis Hotel
- 18 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 19 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 20 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 21 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 22 Washington Wineries
- 23 MERIDIAN HILL PARK DRUM CIRCLE
- 24 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 25 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested