I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 2 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 3 Cape cod Labor Day
- 4 http://www.healthcarebooster.com/muscle-xtx/
- 5 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 6 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 7 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 8 Arizona Classic Car Detailing
- 9 Luxury Car Detailing Scottsdale
- 10 Steamboat in August
- 11 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 12 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 17 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 18 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 19 Los Angeles - 2 Days
- 20 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 21 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 22 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 23 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 24 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 25 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia