I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Academy Awards 2017
- 2 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/biologica-skin-care/
- 3 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 4 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 5 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 6 Hotel in Reno
- 7 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 8 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 9 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 10 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 11 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 12 Retiring to Tucson
- 13 Trinity Site, NM
- 14 Santa Fe Itineray
- 15 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 16 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 17 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 18 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 19 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 20 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 21 North Carolina airports
- 22 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 23 Boston to Naples florida
- 24 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 25 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April