I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Chicago and surroundings
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA with a 3 year old
- 2 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 3 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 4 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 5 Universal studios/Orlando
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Wedding venue in NH
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 First family ski trip
- 10 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 15 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Alaska
- 18 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 19 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 20 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 21 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 22 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 23 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 24 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 25 Dividing time in Grand Canyon