I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 4 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 5 Retiring in Florida
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Help with first time
- 8 NJ to Florida drive
- 9 Hawaii - where?
- 10 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 11 From the Vine to the Vat
- 12 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 13 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 14 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 15 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 16 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 17 San Diego to San Fransisco
- 18 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 19 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 20 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 21 Brain Booster Formula Brain Plus Iq
- 22 http://rippedrxno2blastcanada.com/blackcore-edge-max/
- 23 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 24 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 25 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs