I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 florida gulf coast
- 2 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 3 Maui, early August
- 4 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 5 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 6 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 7 Road trip advice needed please
- 8 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 9 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 10 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 11 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 12 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 13 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 14 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 15 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 16 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 17 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 18 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 19 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 20 Family Trip advice please?!
- 21 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 22 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 23 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 24 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 25 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington