I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Chicago and surroundings
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 Travel West Coast
- 8 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 9 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 10 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 11 Wine Country Picnic
- 12 Washington DC Metro
- 13 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 14 Road trip through the south
- 15 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 16 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 17 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 18 Myrtle Beach
- 19 Colorado in the summer!
- 20 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 21 Getting around Las Vegas
- 22 Rafting near Denali
- 23 Where to go in Maine?
- 24 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 25 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone