I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to eat before the show?
- 2 Florida vacation
- 3 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 4 Same Day Flower Delivery in Chennai
- 5 Buying a home in NJ - need advice from locals thank you!
- 6 Florida beach vacation
- 7 Rafting the Colorado
- 8 Capture this stunning moment within the heart of the beloved
- 9 Trip to USA in July
- 10 a short trip to san francisco
- 11 Wine Country
- 12 Please help with Route 66 planning, overnight stops and detours
- 13 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 14 Arizona on a whirlwind update
- 15 Uber boston
- 16 Fall 1st time trip wine country
- 17 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 18 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 19 First Time Oahu/Maui
- 20 4 Nights in NM with a 10 Year Old
- 21 Camping in or near Big Bend National Park
- 22 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 23 Kauai - Grand Hyatt and somewhere else?
- 24 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 25 Olympic vs. Redwood NPs