I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA October 2016
- 2 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 3 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 4 Redwood National Forest
- 5 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 6 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 7 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 8 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 9 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 10 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 11 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 12 Kings and Sequoia.
- 13 Uber and Miami
- 14 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 15 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 16 BRAVOFLY - SCAM
- 17 Austin and ?, Texas Family Spring Break 2015 - Trying again
- 18 New Orleants dining
- 19 Springtime in Florida
- 20 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 21 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 22 new orleans in july
- 23 Indoor Parking at JFK?
- 24 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 25 Need ideas for 3-4 day getaway from Cincinnati