I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 November redwoods trip
- 2 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 3 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 4 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 5 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 6 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 7 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 8 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 9 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 10 First Trip to New Mexico
- 11 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 12 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 13 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 14 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 15 Southern history- walkable cities
- 16 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 17 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 18 Seattle Ho
- 19 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 20 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 21 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 22 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 23 Seattle?
- 24 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 25 Moab Tenting end of Oct?