I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 2 watching solar eclipse in Portland
- 3 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 4 Logistics of long-distance car rental
- 5 Hawaii wedding
- 6 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 7 Lava Bike & Hike Tour - Kalapana, Hawaii
- 8 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 9 Adventure Travel in Kenai Peninsula
- 10 12 Must-Read Rental Car & Road Trip Planning Tips
- 11 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 12 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 13 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 14 Looking for quiet beach vacation in Florida
- 15 Oregon Coast question
- 16 California road trip
- 17 Blackwater Falls State Park Lodge vs. Canaan Valley Resort
- 18 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 19 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 20 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 21 Moving to Montana
- 22 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 23 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 24 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 25 Solo Trip to Mid-West