I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Touring Hearst Castle
- 2 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 3 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 4 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 5 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 6 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 7 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 8 car rentals in San Diego
- 9 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 10 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 11 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 12 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 13 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 14 Angels Landing
- 15 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 16 First time visit to California
- 17 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 18 NY State Assembly Internship
- 19 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 20 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 21 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 22 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 23 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 24 San Francisco
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles