I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Chicago and surroundings
- 1 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 2 Which is best place for visit in South Amrecia in December ?
- 3 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 One day in Washington DC
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 8 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 11 San Antonio
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 Key West on NYE
- 14 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 15 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 16 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 17 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 18 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 19 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 22 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 23 Oahu Information
- 24 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 25 Wailea Maui Restaurants