I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Chicago and surroundings
- 1 Less commercial beach?
- 2 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 3 French Broad Market in Ashville, NC
- 4 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 5 3 week Holiday Late December/January
- 6 J-ville airport ground transportation
- 7 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 8 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 9 Hudson Valley to Stockbridge, MA/Berkshires
- 10 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 11 East coast tour - Part3: Florida
- 12 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 13 stay near newark or nyc
- 14 New York City Parking
- 15 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 16 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 17 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?
- 18 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 19 Priceline, WARNING
- 20 Washington Wineries
- 21 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 22 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 23 Driving from Seattle to San Fran
- 24 Hill-Crest "Museum"
- 25 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!