I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT POGO CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 Pogo Reset Password
- 2 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 3 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 4 AZ, UT, CO - urgent only 1 day to plan!
- 5 Boston area hotels
- 6 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 7 Trip Report: Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, September 2016
- 8 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 9 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 10 Miami for 2 days
- 11 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 12 Great Falls or Helena?
- 13 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 14 What to request?
- 15 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 16 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 17 What to see in Portland
- 18 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 19 How much cash do you travel with?
- 20 More problems for Big Sur
- 21 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 22 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 23 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 24 two moms with 2 kids to visit New Orleans
- 25 Rules of the NY Subway