I intend to be in Chicago between October 2nd and 7th, for the Chicago Marathon (which will be held on October 7th). During that period, I think I will find enough things to cover in the city itself.
But before that (September 30th and October 1st) and after that (October 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th), I'll have time to visit something else, around the city (let's say, maximum 200 miles away).
We are in a group of three: me, my wife and kid (11 months old).
Any suggestions? It can be either a road trip or a train trip.
Do you think it's a good idea to use the 6 days after leaving Chicago to do down to Atlanta (from there I could take a direct flight to my hometown, in Brazil)? Is it (driving) a nice way to cover that distance, with beautiful sites?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 2 Mystic CT
- 3 Alabama trip in Dec
- 4 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 5 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 6 Las vegas +21
- 7 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 8 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 9 Rules of the Subway
- 10 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 11 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 12 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 13 Your favourite places in New York City
- 14 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 15 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 16 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 17 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 18 Grand American Road Trip!
- 19 Orlando - condoleances
- 20 Coco Palms on Kauai
- 21 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 22 1st trip to Colorado
- 23 Road trip out west
- 24 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to