Hello to All!
I was wondering if you Chicago and Indi experts on the board would mind looking over the rough draft of my itinerary for our upcoming trip which will take place Sept. 20th-28th, 2011, and offer you recommendations for tweaking, eliminating, or adding to our planned days. Our trip will be with myself, my husband, and our two daughters, ages 4 and 2. We’re planning on relying on public transportation/hoofing it while in Chicago, and renting a car for the drive and time spent in Indy.
9/20 – Travel Day: arrive 6:45pm (4:45pm our time) – will bid to get a Priceline airport area hotel for our 1st night to avoid any more travel for the children.
9/21 – Blue Line into the city – check in to Priceline hotel – T.B.D.
Chicago Greeter Tour - any suggestions on what neighborhood I should request to tour? There’s so many to choose from!
9/22 – Millenium Park and Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
9/23 – The Zoo and Lincoln Park Conservancy – Rehearsal Dinner
9/24 – Wedding and Reception – Old St. Patrick’s Church
9/25 – Drive to Indi (set clocks ahead 1 hour) Indianapolis Children’s Museum – how long does it take to thoroughly enjoy the Museum? Is this an open to close experience or just a few hours?
9/26 – open. I was planning on doing the Children’s Museum here, or the Indy Museum of Art, but both are closed on Mondays. Open to suggestions!
9/27 –Indianapolis Speedway & Museum. “Grounds Tour” 9:30am. Another helpful time estimate of what it would take to properly see the museum would also be helpful here.
Drive back to Chicago (set clocks back 1 hour), return rental car. Blue Line to Ohare to stay the night at Priceline airport hotel.
9/28 – Early 8am departure back to the west coast!
Also, could anyone recommend any exceptional public parks (with playground equipment) for us to visit while in Chicago or Indy to take the kids to for a filler activity? Are there any stops worth making for the drive between Chicago and Indy? Is there a particular time that we need to be on the road by to avoid crazy traffic along our route? Also, with the above listed activities is there a particular Priceline bidding zone that one could recommend to us for Chicago and Indy respectively? I hope these aren’t too many questions! Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 Atlanta With Toddler
- 4 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 5 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 6 NYC For The Day
- 7 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 8 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 9 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 10 9-10 day trip to WA
- 11 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 14 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 15 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 16 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 17 Turo?
- 18 USA family tour
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 21 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 22 Kauai planning help
- 23 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 24 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 25 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness
Hello to All!