Hello to All!
I was wondering if you Chicago and Indi experts on the board would mind looking over the rough draft of my itinerary for our upcoming trip which will take place Sept. 20th-28th, 2011, and offer you recommendations for tweaking, eliminating, or adding to our planned days. Our trip will be with myself, my husband, and our two daughters, ages 4 and 2. We’re planning on relying on public transportation/hoofing it while in Chicago, and renting a car for the drive and time spent in Indy.
9/20 – Travel Day: arrive 6:45pm (4:45pm our time) – will bid to get a Priceline airport area hotel for our 1st night to avoid any more travel for the children.
9/21 – Blue Line into the city – check in to Priceline hotel – T.B.D.
Chicago Greeter Tour - any suggestions on what neighborhood I should request to tour? There’s so many to choose from!
9/22 – Millenium Park and Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
9/23 – The Zoo and Lincoln Park Conservancy – Rehearsal Dinner
9/24 – Wedding and Reception – Old St. Patrick’s Church
9/25 – Drive to Indi (set clocks ahead 1 hour) Indianapolis Children’s Museum – how long does it take to thoroughly enjoy the Museum? Is this an open to close experience or just a few hours?
9/26 – open. I was planning on doing the Children’s Museum here, or the Indy Museum of Art, but both are closed on Mondays. Open to suggestions!
9/27 –Indianapolis Speedway & Museum. “Grounds Tour” 9:30am. Another helpful time estimate of what it would take to properly see the museum would also be helpful here.
Drive back to Chicago (set clocks back 1 hour), return rental car. Blue Line to Ohare to stay the night at Priceline airport hotel.
9/28 – Early 8am departure back to the west coast!
Also, could anyone recommend any exceptional public parks (with playground equipment) for us to visit while in Chicago or Indy to take the kids to for a filler activity? Are there any stops worth making for the drive between Chicago and Indy? Is there a particular time that we need to be on the road by to avoid crazy traffic along our route? Also, with the above listed activities is there a particular Priceline bidding zone that one could recommend to us for Chicago and Indy respectively? I hope these aren’t too many questions! Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Chicago and Indy Itinerary Help, Please!
Hello to All!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 2 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 3 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 4 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 5 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 8 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 9 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 10 From Seattle airport to the city
- 11 Middle America in October
- 12 New York City Christmas Trip
- 13 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 14 visit to HIghLine
- 15 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 16 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 17 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 18 Colorado Skiing
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 21 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 22 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 23 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 24 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 25 Accommodation New Orleans LA