I am in an apartment (with a car) at approximately North and LaSalle and not familiar at all with the city (on vacation). My mother will be arriving at Ohare at approximately 3 pm on Wednesday. We are trying to figure out a way for her to ride the El most of the way in and then have me pick her up at a stop close to the apartment without transferring lines. As I look at all these maps (none of which overlay streets with the El lines....grrrr....) it looks like she should ride the blue line into town to the Damen stop. Does that sound like a good plan? About how long a ride is that from Ohare to Damen? I am not expecting a parking lot...I think I will just circle and such until she calls on the cell phone and we connect. Thank you for your help.
Chicago: a little help with the El, please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego parks and attractions
- 2 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 3 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 4 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 5 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 6 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 7 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 8 united and carry-ons
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 12 Cape Cod in early April
- 13 USA with a 3 year old
- 14 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 18 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 21 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 22 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 23 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 24 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 25 Car rental through Priceline bidding