I am in an apartment (with a car) at approximately North and LaSalle and not familiar at all with the city (on vacation). My mother will be arriving at Ohare at approximately 3 pm on Wednesday. We are trying to figure out a way for her to ride the El most of the way in and then have me pick her up at a stop close to the apartment without transferring lines. As I look at all these maps (none of which overlay streets with the El lines....grrrr....) it looks like she should ride the blue line into town to the Damen stop. Does that sound like a good plan? About how long a ride is that from Ohare to Damen? I am not expecting a parking lot...I think I will just circle and such until she calls on the cell phone and we connect. Thank you for your help.
Chicago: a little help with the El, please
View all United States activity »
- 1 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 2 Biloxi questions again
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 15 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 16 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 22 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 23 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville