I am in an apartment (with a car) at approximately North and LaSalle and not familiar at all with the city (on vacation). My mother will be arriving at Ohare at approximately 3 pm on Wednesday. We are trying to figure out a way for her to ride the El most of the way in and then have me pick her up at a stop close to the apartment without transferring lines. As I look at all these maps (none of which overlay streets with the El lines....grrrr....) it looks like she should ride the blue line into town to the Damen stop. Does that sound like a good plan? About how long a ride is that from Ohare to Damen? I am not expecting a parking lot...I think I will just circle and such until she calls on the cell phone and we connect. Thank you for your help.
Chicago: a little help with the El, please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Storing luggage in Manhattan for a few hours
- 2 TripReport--10 Utah Circle
- 3 Long Island Advice
- 4 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 5 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 6 Lunch near 254 west 54th st.
- 7 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 12 Boston suggestions
- 13 California
- 14 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 15 Tucson area flooding
- 16 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 17 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 20 lunch in Boulder CO TODAY!!
- 21 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 22 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 23 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 24 Ben Landa
- 25 4 week family trip ideas