I am in an apartment (with a car) at approximately North and LaSalle and not familiar at all with the city (on vacation). My mother will be arriving at Ohare at approximately 3 pm on Wednesday. We are trying to figure out a way for her to ride the El most of the way in and then have me pick her up at a stop close to the apartment without transferring lines. As I look at all these maps (none of which overlay streets with the El lines....grrrr....) it looks like she should ride the blue line into town to the Damen stop. Does that sound like a good plan? About how long a ride is that from Ohare to Damen? I am not expecting a parking lot...I think I will just circle and such until she calls on the cell phone and we connect. Thank you for your help.
Chicago: a little help with the El, please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Pavtube Back to School Coupons 2014: Giveaway + Biggest Coupons
- 2 Houston in September
- 3 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 4 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 5 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 6 late-night DC restaurant
- 7 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 8 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 9 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 10 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 11 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 12 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 13 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 14 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 15 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 16 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 17 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass
- 20 HAWAII: Honolulu Airport Question
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 23 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 24 cape cod seashore rail trail
- 25 Driving from Philly to Stowe, VT. Need a scenic route!