Will be visiting Chicago later this year and in surfing the web noticed that Amtrak goes from Chicago to Springfield, IL. Is this a doable day trip. Early train leaves around 8:30 a.m. and arrives Springfield 11:45. Return train leaves Springfield close to 4:00 p.m. Are Springfield historical sites, i.e. Lincoln Homestead, Old State Capitol, Lincoln Tomb and New State Capitol Bldg. doable in that amount of time? Anyone know of the reliabilty of the train service and is the depot located near these sites? Finally, is Springfield small enough to be walkable since obviously I would be without a car. Thanks much. (P.S. Amtrak is running fare specials and thought this might be way to take advantage).
Chicago - Springfield Daytrip on Amtrak?
- 1 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 2 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 3 stay near newark or nyc
- 4 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 5 New York City Parking
- 6 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 7 Whislter or Rocky Mountain?
- 8 Luxor Egypt
- 9 New York (from JFK to Tarrytown)
- 10 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 11 Brandywine Valley for one or 2 nights - museum suggestions please
- 12 Charleston, Savannah and more cheesy grits please
- 13 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 14 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 15 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 16 Airport luggage tamparing
- 17 Kodachrome Basin State Park in Utah
- 18 Newport, RI Questions
- 19 Rehoboth to Wilmington to Cape May - scenic route suggestions please
- 20 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 21 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 22 Best place for rafting: Moab, Taos or Durango?
- 23 How to plan San Diego trip
- 24 IMPORTANT! Hawaii Ocean Safety Tips!
- 25 Washington Wineries