I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How Much Do You Pay for House Sitting?
- 2 DC Metro to other sites?
- 3 DC Hotel Location Help
- 4 DC Metro to other sites?
- 5 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 6 DC Hotel location help
- 7 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 10 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 11 Miami airport--safety??
- 12 Zurich airport connections
- 13 Cleveland West Side Market
- 14 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 15 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 16 Eastern Seaboard
- 17 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 18 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 19 Recent Spam Attacks
- 20 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 21 Five national parks in ten days -- during the government shutdown
- 22 Bryce, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands in one week? In October?
- 23 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 US whole month of January where to