I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Chattanooga with 5/7 year old boys
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 4 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 5 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 6 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 7 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 8 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 9 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!