I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 2 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 3 Hotel in Austin
- 4 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 5 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017
- 6 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 7 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 8 Austin TX restaurants
- 9 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 10 HotAirBalloon Festival
- 11 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 12 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 13 hotel in NYC
- 14 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 15 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 16 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 17 5 Days near Denver
- 18 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 19 Sonoma alley in May
- 20 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 21 Help Reno,Tahoe,San Fran 6 Day Trip
- 22 Lake Champlain, VT
- 23 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 24 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 25 First time to Alaska - with kids