I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Taking Onery Teens to LA for 4 days....
- 2 Visiting New York State
- 3 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 4 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 5 4th of July in Chicago
- 6 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 7 Yosemite Hike
- 8 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 9 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 10 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 11 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 12 Bucket List
- 13 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 14 Colorado Hiking in September
- 15 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 16 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 17 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 18 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 19 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 20 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 21 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 22 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 23 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 24 48 Hours in NYC
- 25 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast