I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Late Feb/Early March honeymoon: Maui, Kauai, or other?
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 Arlington funeral plans
- 4 Driving from Yosemite to Las Vegas via Death Valley in December?
- 5 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 6 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 7 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 8 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 9 destin resorts
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 12 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 13 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 14 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 15 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 16 Relocating to the Deep South
- 17 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 18 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 19 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 20 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 21 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 22 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 23 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 24 Airfares in the 1970's
- 25 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride