I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Chattanooga with 5/7 year old boys
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 2 Considering a move to Raleigh/Durham...most family friendly areas?
- 3 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 4 Boston to Chicago drive (things to do)
- 5 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 6 Chicago trip
- 7 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 8 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Puerto Rico need advice - La Concha Renaissance vs San Juan Marriott
- 12 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 13 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 16 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 17 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 18 moving to florida
- 19 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 20 A weekend escape around cooperstown ny
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 23 Santa Barbara, California
- 24 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 25 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)