I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Chattanooga with 5/7 year old boys
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 2 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 3 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 4 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 5 Hotels Philly
- 6 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 7 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 8 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 9 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 10 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 11 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 12 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 13 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 14 Texas
- 15 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 16 California
- 17 Charleston, SC Beaches
- 18 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 19 Deep South sept 2015
- 20 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 21 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 22 Cross Country RV Trip
- 23 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 24 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 25 Ackislander