I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 2 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 3 Keep checking those car rental rates
- 4 Travel advice for travel from Portland to San Diego
- 5 Jimmy Carter teaches Sunday School in Plains, Georgia
- 6 Royal Kahana Maui
- 7 Trip Starting from New York
- 8 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 9 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 10 Need Help with Kauai Condo Choices
- 11 September Travel
- 12 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 13 Parking in Boston
- 14 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 15 San Francisco to Seattle road trip
- 16 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 17 Road trip out west
- 18 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 19 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 20 Lake Chelan
- 21 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 22 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 23 1st trip to Colorado
- 24 Mystic CT
- 25 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC