I am gathering information and researching for a long weekend in Chattanooga with my husband and two boys.
Would love some feedback about the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel. After talking to friends and reading online, it seems one night in a train car would be exciting and sufficient? And then moving ourselves to two nights in the city? What city hotel would you suggest...anything around $100-$200 a night is fine. Or should we stay the entire timei at the Chattanooga? I've read some reviews that call it tired and shabby?
We would like to do incline railway, aquarium, Ruby Falls, Coolidge Park, TVR and see Rock City..and just be on vacation!! Is this too ambitious for 3 1/2 days? Our boys have heard about Rock City from I don't know where; but they want to see it. We are a very active family from the Indianapolis area, we have access to great museums for kids here; so going for something other than museums. We love to hike and the boys travel really well. Trains are pretty exciting, but the boys are getting more into the history of trains as opposed to just "Thomas".
We plan to get to Chattanooga around 1pm on Friday and stay until Monday mid-morning. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!!
Chattanooga with 5/7 year old boys
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 2 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 3 ONP help
- 4 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 5 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 6 California road trip
- 7 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 8 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 9 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 10 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 11 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 12 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 13 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 14 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 15 Road Tour in Usa
- 16 So you love handbags!
- 17 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 18 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 19 replica designer handbags
- 20 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 21 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 22 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 23 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 24 Re-Visit DC
- 25 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls