I had asked for advice here re a family reunion to celebrate our daughter's 40th birthday. We had randomly picked Charlotte as a destination because it was an easy flight from NY, Boston and Pittsburgh and looked like it could be fun for 6 adults and 2 toddlers. It turned out to be just perfect even though there were some serious concerns when the tornado touched down very near the house we had rented. We rented a house in the University area which was a good deal and worked out great for us, though it took forever to get out of and into the development (we never did quite figure out Charlotte's twisty, name changing roads) We had a fantastic day at Lazy 5 Ranch (definitely opt for the wagon ride) and at Discovery Place. Other days were based on playgrounds and walking trails and we were very happy with Reedy Creek and Mallard Creek Parks near our house, and Freedom Park. We ate at Penguin, Bojangles, Brixx Pizza and DH and I babysat while the other adults enjoyed a very good birthday meal at Cowfish. The weather was great, the people welcoming and our family together, priceless. We give Charlotte an A+.
Charlotte turned out to be wonderful for us!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Baltimore Inner Harbor to DC - without a car; with luggage - suggestions?
- 2 Hwy 12 Bryce Canyon to Arches/ Moab in 1 Day w/ Kids help?
- 3 What's new on Maui?
- 4 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 5 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 6 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 7 Christmas in TX
- 8 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 9 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 10 Kauai and Molokai or Kauai and Maui for 10 days?
- 11 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 12 Long Weekend In Austin, Texas
- 13 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 14 Tucson area flooding
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Refining my California Itinerary
- 17 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 18 Oregon Road Trip
- 19 Getaway
- 20 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 21 Moving to New Jersey
- 22 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 23 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 24 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 25 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto