I had asked for advice here re a family reunion to celebrate our daughter's 40th birthday. We had randomly picked Charlotte as a destination because it was an easy flight from NY, Boston and Pittsburgh and looked like it could be fun for 6 adults and 2 toddlers. It turned out to be just perfect even though there were some serious concerns when the tornado touched down very near the house we had rented. We rented a house in the University area which was a good deal and worked out great for us, though it took forever to get out of and into the development (we never did quite figure out Charlotte's twisty, name changing roads) We had a fantastic day at Lazy 5 Ranch (definitely opt for the wagon ride) and at Discovery Place. Other days were based on playgrounds and walking trails and we were very happy with Reedy Creek and Mallard Creek Parks near our house, and Freedom Park. We ate at Penguin, Bojangles, Brixx Pizza and DH and I babysat while the other adults enjoyed a very good birthday meal at Cowfish. The weather was great, the people welcoming and our family together, priceless. We give Charlotte an A+.
Charlotte turned out to be wonderful for us!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 East Coast in December
- 2 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 3 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 4 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 5 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 6 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October