I had asked for advice here re a family reunion to celebrate our daughter's 40th birthday. We had randomly picked Charlotte as a destination because it was an easy flight from NY, Boston and Pittsburgh and looked like it could be fun for 6 adults and 2 toddlers. It turned out to be just perfect even though there were some serious concerns when the tornado touched down very near the house we had rented. We rented a house in the University area which was a good deal and worked out great for us, though it took forever to get out of and into the development (we never did quite figure out Charlotte's twisty, name changing roads) We had a fantastic day at Lazy 5 Ranch (definitely opt for the wagon ride) and at Discovery Place. Other days were based on playgrounds and walking trails and we were very happy with Reedy Creek and Mallard Creek Parks near our house, and Freedom Park. We ate at Penguin, Bojangles, Brixx Pizza and DH and I babysat while the other adults enjoyed a very good birthday meal at Cowfish. The weather was great, the people welcoming and our family together, priceless. We give Charlotte an A+.
Charlotte turned out to be wonderful for us!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 3 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 4 Tour companies
- 5 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 6 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 7 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 8 Hilton Midtown New York
- 9 Apartment Rentals DC
- 10 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 11 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 12 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 13 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 14 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 15 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 16 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 17 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 18 Vegas hotels for families
- 19 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 20 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 21 new york plays
- 22 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 23 San Francisco - mid October
- 24 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles