I had asked for advice here re a family reunion to celebrate our daughter's 40th birthday. We had randomly picked Charlotte as a destination because it was an easy flight from NY, Boston and Pittsburgh and looked like it could be fun for 6 adults and 2 toddlers. It turned out to be just perfect even though there were some serious concerns when the tornado touched down very near the house we had rented. We rented a house in the University area which was a good deal and worked out great for us, though it took forever to get out of and into the development (we never did quite figure out Charlotte's twisty, name changing roads) We had a fantastic day at Lazy 5 Ranch (definitely opt for the wagon ride) and at Discovery Place. Other days were based on playgrounds and walking trails and we were very happy with Reedy Creek and Mallard Creek Parks near our house, and Freedom Park. We ate at Penguin, Bojangles, Brixx Pizza and DH and I babysat while the other adults enjoyed a very good birthday meal at Cowfish. The weather was great, the people welcoming and our family together, priceless. We give Charlotte an A+.
Charlotte turned out to be wonderful for us!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 2 best area to stay in san diego
- 3 Vegas hotels for families
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 6 San Antonio Hotels
- 7 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 8 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 9 Do I need to buy tickets in advance for Chicago Art Institute?
- 10 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 12 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 13 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 14 Two airports to choose from?
- 15 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 16 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 17 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 18 San Francisco - mid October
- 19 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 20 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 23 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 24 layover
- 25 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?