I had asked for advice here re a family reunion to celebrate our daughter's 40th birthday. We had randomly picked Charlotte as a destination because it was an easy flight from NY, Boston and Pittsburgh and looked like it could be fun for 6 adults and 2 toddlers. It turned out to be just perfect even though there were some serious concerns when the tornado touched down very near the house we had rented. We rented a house in the University area which was a good deal and worked out great for us, though it took forever to get out of and into the development (we never did quite figure out Charlotte's twisty, name changing roads) We had a fantastic day at Lazy 5 Ranch (definitely opt for the wagon ride) and at Discovery Place. Other days were based on playgrounds and walking trails and we were very happy with Reedy Creek and Mallard Creek Parks near our house, and Freedom Park. We ate at Penguin, Bojangles, Brixx Pizza and DH and I babysat while the other adults enjoyed a very good birthday meal at Cowfish. The weather was great, the people welcoming and our family together, priceless. We give Charlotte an A+.
Charlotte turned out to be wonderful for us!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 2 Locker at JFK
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 Key Largo, FL
- 5 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 6 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 7 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 8 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 9 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 10 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 11 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 12 West Coast Bound End of March
- 13 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 14 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 15 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 16 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 17 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 21 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 22 Best places to move to Florida?
- 23 Philadelphia
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 San Diego