My teenage son and I are returning from Rome to LA July 22nd with an overnight layover in Charlotte (did it to get business class with miles--seemed cheaper to spend a night in Charlotte, and I know the airport is lovely!). Arriving around 4 PM and have a flight to LAX around 9:30 AM next day. I would like suggestions--I would prefer not to rent a car for such a short time but I don't particularly want to stay right at the airport--are there hotels with shuttles (not looking to spend a fortune at the end of the trip)? Also, I thought it would be a fun contrast after Europe to go out for some Carolina BBQ, but can we get somewhere good without a car? My son would love to be able to take a drive around town, because he thinks he might like to live there some day--are there taxis/ car services not too expensive? Thanks!
Charlotte One Night--BBQ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City
- 2 First visit in New Mexico
- 3 Beach holiday with baby
- 4 Lodging between Edenton NC and Washington DC?
- 5 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 6 Colorado trip
- 7 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 8 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 9 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 10 Grand Marais?
- 11 Things to do around New York
- 12 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 13 Does it seem like people in the US have become...
- 14 Cape cod and Acadia
- 15 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 16 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 17 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 18 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 19 Barrow Alaska
- 20 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 21 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 22 Park City Utah
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 Maine in latter half of September
- 25 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?