My teenage son and I are returning from Rome to LA July 22nd with an overnight layover in Charlotte (did it to get business class with miles--seemed cheaper to spend a night in Charlotte, and I know the airport is lovely!). Arriving around 4 PM and have a flight to LAX around 9:30 AM next day. I would like suggestions--I would prefer not to rent a car for such a short time but I don't particularly want to stay right at the airport--are there hotels with shuttles (not looking to spend a fortune at the end of the trip)? Also, I thought it would be a fun contrast after Europe to go out for some Carolina BBQ, but can we get somewhere good without a car? My son would love to be able to take a drive around town, because he thinks he might like to live there some day--are there taxis/ car services not too expensive? Thanks!
Charlotte One Night--BBQ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 2 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 3 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 4 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 5 NYC Clubs for live music
- 6 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Seattle: Something Different?
- 9 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 10 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 11 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 12 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 13 ONP help
- 14 Bienville Hotel or Le Marais in New Orleans French Quarter
- 15 California road trip
- 16 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 17 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 18 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 19 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 20 Berkshires in late October
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 24 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 25 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?