My teenage son and I are returning from Rome to LA July 22nd with an overnight layover in Charlotte (did it to get business class with miles--seemed cheaper to spend a night in Charlotte, and I know the airport is lovely!). Arriving around 4 PM and have a flight to LAX around 9:30 AM next day. I would like suggestions--I would prefer not to rent a car for such a short time but I don't particularly want to stay right at the airport--are there hotels with shuttles (not looking to spend a fortune at the end of the trip)? Also, I thought it would be a fun contrast after Europe to go out for some Carolina BBQ, but can we get somewhere good without a car? My son would love to be able to take a drive around town, because he thinks he might like to live there some day--are there taxis/ car services not too expensive? Thanks!
Charlotte One Night--BBQ?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 2 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 3 San Diego farmer's markets
- 4 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 5 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 6 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 7 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 8 Connecticut River Byway
- 9 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 10 Boston/Salem with kids
- 11 Ogunquit Family Get Together
- 12 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 15 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 16 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 17 Vacation trip to Portland, OR,
- 18 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 19 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 20 drive from SF to crater lake
- 21 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 24 Hotel near Miami airport
- 25 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?