We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 3 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 4 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 5 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 6 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 7 Arches National Park in a day
- 8 My Book of Mormon review
- 9 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 10 JFK Airport
- 11 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 12 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 New England road trip Oct. 8-14
- 15 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 16 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 17 Marco Island
- 18 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 19 things to do near Arches National Park
- 20 Delicate Arch in Arches national park
- 21 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 22 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 EX-LAX
- 25 Take the T or cab from Logan