We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dont rent a car from Buchbinder car rental if you go Europe
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 New Orleans November 2014- Trip Report
- 6 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 7 A Student’s Perspective of Philadelphia and Washington DC:
- 8 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 9 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 12 General Utah planning questions
- 13 Fun weekend in NYC, including a GTG
- 14 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 15 Maui Luau?
- 16 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 19 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 20 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 21 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Boston area -- nature
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)