We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 2 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 3 Does anyone have a place on Cape Cod?
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Is Lanai worth a day trip from Maui?
- 6 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 7 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 10 Road Trip SW
- 11 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 12 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 13 culpepper
- 14 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 15 Chicago trip
- 16 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 17 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 18 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 19 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 20 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 21 moving to florida
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 24 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 25 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley