We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 2 culpepper
- 3 Fancy dining
- 4 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 5 Hotel near Miami airport
- 6 NYC IN AUGUST
- 7 Road Trip SW
- 8 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 9 Will have five days in Savannah
- 10 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 11 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 12 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 13 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 14 Itinerary opinions
- 15 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 16 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 17 Chicago trip
- 18 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 19 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 20 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 21 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 22 Santa Barbara, California
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 25 San Fran to Las Vegas drive