We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 2 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 3 Zion to Albuquerque
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 Quick Trip to NYC
- 8 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 14 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 15 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 16 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 17 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 18 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 19 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 20 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 21 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 22 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 23 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 24 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown