We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 2 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 3 family road trip
- 4 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 5 Moving out of states from Florida
- 6 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 7 Alaska Trip Planning
- 8 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 9 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 10 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 11 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 12 Romantic destination in the US
- 13 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 14 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 15 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 16 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 17 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston