We have been invited to attend the Hibernian Ball in a few weeks. I would love to have some of the "specialists" from Charleston give some ideas for fun bars and restaurants for us to try. I have read through the threads and written down some recommendations. A friend was the architect for the Ordinary Oyster Bar and I have not heard anything or read anything about this restaurant. We are returning to Charleston for a week in April and I will use the information for that trip as well. We have been to Charleston only one time before and we ate at Magnolia's and the Fat Hen and Wild Olive out near Isle of Palms. The Wild Olive was one of the best meals we have had in a long time. We are not "young" and are not partying types, but we do love a nice glass of wine and a cocktail with some "tapas" or similar and then on to a nice dinner. We don't mind to dress up, but we don't mind to dress down either for good food. We find that it is often the hole in the wall kind of places that really have the best food. Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 5 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 6 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 7 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 8 Brooklyn why?
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 11 New York City Restaurants
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 16 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 17 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 18 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 19 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 20 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 21 Dining in D.C.
- 22 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 23 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 24 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 25 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice