My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 2 http://www.getsunergetics.com/elysian-natural-daily-revitalizer/
- 3 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 4 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 5 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 6 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 7 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 8 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 9 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 10 40th in Key West
- 11 What to do in New York?
- 12 When do school start again in August?
- 13 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 14 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 15 Disney for Florida residents
- 16 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 17 Our Boston Getaway
- 18 Yosemite
- 19 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 20 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 21 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 22 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May
- 23 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 24 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 25 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?