My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 2 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 3 Hawaii Help
- 4 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 5 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 6 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 7 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 8 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 9 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 10 Florida keys trip
- 11 HAWAII; HELP!
- 12 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 13 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 14 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 15 Coffee in Boston?
- 16 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 17 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 19 Change planes in Atlanta
- 20 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 21 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 24 Florida beach vacation
- 25 Trip to USA in July