My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 9-10 day trip to WA
- 4 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 5 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 6 Apply in 12th grade for an international student ?
- 7 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 8 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 9 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 10 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 11 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 12 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 13 las vegas, zion, bryce , grandcanyon, page (antelope canyon), sedona,
- 14 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 15 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 16 Atlanta With Toddler
- 17 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 18 NYC For The Day
- 19 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 20 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 21 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 22 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 23 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 24 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 25 Turo?