My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mardi Gras
- 2 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 3 Boston waterfront Italian
- 4 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 5 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 6 Kids Vacation Place
- 7 Need advice - Charleston girls' weekend
- 8 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 9 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 10 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 11 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 12 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 13 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 14 Napa valley getaway
- 15 Two nights from Sacramento to Santa Barbara: where to spend the night?
- 16 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 17 Steamboat in August
- 18 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 19 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 20 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 21 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 22 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 23 MN lake home rental needed
- 24 Desert Southwest
- 25 Salt lake to boulder ideas