My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 2 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 3 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 4 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 5 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 8 Balloon fest hotels
- 9 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 10 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 11 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 12 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 13 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 14 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 15 Transportation help in Philly
- 16 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 17 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch
- 18 Hotels in North Philadelphia
- 19 New York Trip
- 20 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 21 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 22 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 23 palm desert, CA
- 24 late-night DC restaurant
- 25 Philadelphia ?