My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 2 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 3 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 4 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 5 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 6 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 7 Please do not call California, 'Cali' or San Francisco, ' Frisco'. .
- 8 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 9 help me plan a Cali trip
- 10 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 11 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 12 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 13 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 14 Mesa Verde question
- 15 Planning our Move
- 16 Wilmington DE questions
- 17 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 18 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 19 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 20 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 21 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 22 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 23 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 24 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 25 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points