My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 2 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 3 sugestions
- 4 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 5 Boston area hotels
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 8 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 9 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 10 Santa Fe Itineray
- 11 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 12 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 13 Quick road trip
- 14 What to request?
- 15 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 16 How much cash do you travel with?
- 17 Miami for 2 days
- 18 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 19 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 20 Oregon Coast road trip
- 21 More problems for Big Sur
- 22 Great Falls or Helena?
- 23 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 24 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 25 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking