My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A day in Boston
- 2 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 3 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 4 1st trip to Colorado
- 5 Niagara Falls.
- 6 Trip Starting from New York
- 7 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 8 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 9 Where in NOLA to stay?
- 10 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 11 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 12 road trip during husbands bday
- 13 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 14 Juneau cruise stop
- 15 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 16 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 17 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 18 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 19 cruising the Mississippi river
- 20 Your favourite places in New York City
- 21 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 22 New England Canada Road Trip
- 23 Travel between Orlando and Boston.
- 24 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 25 The city never sleeps, but we needed to