My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family trip - driving from SF to LAX
- 2 WEST POINT ACADEMY GRADUATION via Catskills & mid-Hudson Valley
- 3 Boston / VT August
- 4 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 5 Lake Champlain, VT
- 6 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 7 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 8 Vancouver to Seattle after cruise
- 9 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 10 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 11 5 Days near Denver
- 12 First time to Alaska - with kids
- 13 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 14 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 15 New/Different in Kennebunkport?
- 16 Boston Ideas
- 17 14 Day Itinerary for Alaska in an RV
- 18 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 19 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 20 Southern road trip ideas/reccomendations
- 21 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 22 4 Days in Juneau?
- 23 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 24 hotel in NYC
- 25 20 Days Road Trip