My wife and I are heading to Charleston for a long weekend and figured that we need to do something aside from eating. Strolling along the battery and through the historic center to take in the old architecture and feeling of the city sound great, but we feel we should really see one of the plantations as well.
I've read a bit about visiting them and it seems that Boone Hall, Magnolia and Middleton are the most appealing to choose from.
We would love to see the beauty of these places, as well as learn about their history and see the homes as well.
We are not planning on renting a car, but if we need to for the day, we could.
So, if anyone can let us know which place you recommend for the first time visitor to South Carolina, and any additional info regarding arranged visits or travel, we would very much appreciate it!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LOVE SPELL,VOODOO IN CALIFORNIA[+27787575234]IN CALIFORNIA
- 2 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 3 10 days vacation in California
- 4 Retiring to Tucson
- 5 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 6 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 7 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 8 Utah National Parks visit
- 9 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 10 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 11 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 12 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 13 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 14 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 15 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 16 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 17 Hotel in Reno
- 18 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 19 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 20 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 21 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 22 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?
- 23 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 24 http://skincaremarkets.com/brainup-iq/
- 25 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska