My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Central Maine coast - 4 nights - July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 2 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 3 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 7 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 12 New York City Restaurants
- 13 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 14 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 15 WISCONSIN
- 16 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 17 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 20 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 21 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 22 Dining in D.C.
- 23 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 24 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 25 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?