My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 2 [NFR.TV] National Finals Rodeo 2016 Live Stream Online 4 Dec 2016
- 3 Ideas for New York
- 4 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 5 Help us choose a hotel
- 6 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 7 Honeymoon on PCH
- 8 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 9 Magic Show
- 10 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 11 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 12 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 13 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 14 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 15 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 16 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 17 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 18 Staying outside DC
- 19 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 20 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 21 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 22 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 23 Oahu Dec 17th -22nd 2016
- 24 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 25 Kauai for a group over New Years