My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las Vegas Escorts
- 2 Later Winter around Mobile
- 3 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 4 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 Uber boston
- 6 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 7 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 8 Florida keys trip
- 9 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 10 First Time to Maine - Itinerary Help!
- 11 New orleans recs for family
- 12 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 13 Steamboat Springs, CO
- 14 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 15 Florida beach vacation
- 16 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 17 Hawaii Help
- 18 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 19 2 days in Vermont, Green Mountain area
- 20 Driving from Provo to Grand Junction in March 2017
- 21 HAWAII; HELP!
- 22 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 23 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 24 Coffee in Boston?
- 25 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.