My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Central Maine coast - 4 nights - July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need help planning "Fall Leaf Color Change" trip
- 2 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr
- 3 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 4 ONP help
- 5 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 6 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 7 Road Tour in Usa
- 8 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 9 So you love handbags!
- 10 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 11 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 12 replica designer handbags
- 13 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 14 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 15 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 16 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 17 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 18 Re-Visit DC
- 19 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 20 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 21 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 22 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 23 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 24 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 25 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .