My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 2 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 3 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 4 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 5 Florida Beach Hotel
- 6 My road trip through southern US.
- 7 Florida Nature Trip
- 8 Late night eating in Kauai
- 9 help from a true New Yorker.
- 10 Washington DC with kids
- 11 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 12 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 13 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 14 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 15 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 16 Safety Concerns
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 19 Alaska independent tour for group
- 20 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 21 5 days in Colorado
- 22 Trip to northern California
- 23 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 24 40th in Key West
- 25 Downtown Chicago