My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SETTING: YAHOO MAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 YAHOO 24*7
- 2 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 3 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 4 Quick road trip
- 5 What to request?
- 6 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 7 How much cash do you travel with?
- 8 Miami for 2 days
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 11 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 12 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 13 Oregon Coast road trip
- 14 More problems for Big Sur
- 15 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 16 Great Falls or Helena?
- 17 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 18 Boston area hotels
- 19 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 20 Newark Intl Airport-Long Term Parking
- 21 Atlanta to Orange Beach, AL
- 22 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 23 Visiting Parks by Car (SD, WY, CO)
- 24 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 25 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?