My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 2 Hiking and biking hotel options
- 3 BYOB in New York City
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 San Antonio and Austin with 21 and 23 year old daughters
- 6 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 7 Chicago Cab
- 8 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 9 Restaurants in DC
- 10 Broadway show tickets
- 11 4th of July in Chicago
- 12 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 13 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 14 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 15 Sedona to Vegas
- 16 Hawk's
- 17 Oahu hotels
- 18 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 19 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 20 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 21 pulling a tent trailer in utah
- 22 Bryce Canyon Astronomy Festival
- 23 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon
- 24 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 25 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx