My DH and I are going to Maine for our first trip there at the end of July to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary- we are in our early 50s. We have 4 nights and 5 days (arrive at 10:30 am Tuesday and leave at 5:30 pm Sat. in/out of Portland). We like to eat, hang w the locals, see lighthouses, walk around and explore and are open to new activities.
We plan to spend the first 2 nights in/around Camden/Rockland or SW Harbor/Bay Harbor so that we can drive up to Acadia. Then drive down to Portland and stay 2 nights there so we can cover that part of the state.
Looking for hotel recommendations in both areas. B & B's are good, and prefer them a little more posh... clean rooms are a "must" w/ comfortable beds. can also splurge a little for more boutique-y types.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.drozdietplan.com/nitro-boost-max/
- 2 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 3 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 4 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 5 Flower Piano
- 6 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 7 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 8 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 9 Maine weather and temps
- 10 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 11 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 12 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 13 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 14 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 15 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 16 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 17 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 18 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 19 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 20 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 21 Alcatrez sold out
- 22 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 23 WA to CT
- 24 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 25 Kids missing three weeks of school.