I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 2 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 3 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 4 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 5 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 6 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 7 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Venice, CA area
- 10 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 11 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 12 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 13 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 14 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 15 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 16 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 17 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 18 Rhode Island Get Away
- 19 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 20 Vancouver to Washington State
- 21 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 22 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 23 Glacier National Park 2018
- 24 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 25 Adirondacks trip repot