I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Central Coast of Maine in August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans Trip Report Nov 12
- 2 Texas & the Deep South Road Trip Feb/March 2013
- 3 Time Share paid in full but cannot afford to pay the Assessment.
- 4 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 5 Help me with creating a work of art
- 6 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 7 hilton capital
- 8 NBA tickets??
- 9 Boston hotel & transportation
- 10 Best City on the Gulf Coast to live?
- 11 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 12 dinah shore weekend Palm Springs
- 13 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 14 Getaway
- 15 Triple threat storms and lava flow
- 16 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 17 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 18 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 19 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 20 Theater Historians
- 21 Air Connections on Maui
- 22 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 23 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 24 Black Hills Trip Report
- 25 USA trip