I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier National Park in September
- 2 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 3 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 4 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 5 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 6 Theatre, music outside on a summer night in NYC?
- 7 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 8 Depot Bay OR
- 9 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 10 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 11 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 12 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 13 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 14 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 15 New Software
- 16 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 17 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 18 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 19 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 20 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 21 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 22 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 25 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time