I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Orleans logistics
- 2 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 3 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 4 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 5 NYC with wheelchair
- 6 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 7 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 8 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 9 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 10 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 11 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 12 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 13 Hilton Head
- 14 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 15 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 16 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 17 louisiana bayou
- 18 The Adolphus
- 19 New York City Craft Beer Bar & Art Gallery
- 20 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 21 Country bumpkins road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 22 16 Days Utah National Parks
- 23 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 24 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 25 Southern U.S. BBQ Trip May 2015