I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Any Sanibel experts?
- 2 Breast Cancer Car Donations Hyattsville MD
- 3 Traveling in winter
- 4 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 5 a short trip to san francisco
- 6 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 7 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 8 Summer in Michigan
- 9 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 10 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 11 Glacier National Park
- 12 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 13 South east road trip
- 14 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 15 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 16 6 days ABQ to Moab,4 Corners, Mesa Verde doable?
- 17 How much in 7 days on West Coast?
- 18 Where to stay for three nights after Volcanoes National Park
- 19 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 20 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 21 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 22 Oregon Trip March 2017
- 23 Later Winter around Mobile
- 24 Rafting the Colorado
- 25 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS