I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 2 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Sonoma
- 5 Northwest Passage
- 6 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 7 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170428141326
- 8 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 9 Alaska cruise
- 10 Spur of the moment Chicago advice.
- 11 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 12 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide
- 13 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 14 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 15 101 closure
- 16 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 17 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 18 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Cruise to Alaska. Ports- Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, Victoria
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 23 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 24 Gate1 8 Day Grand Canyon tour review/ Comments
- 25 New Orleans