I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 2 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 3 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 4 Your favourite places in New York City
- 5 Phone SIM
- 6 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 7 Las vegas +21
- 8 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 9 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 10 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 11 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 12 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 13 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 14 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 15 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 18 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 19 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 20 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 21 Black Hills, Mount Rushmore, Badlands Trip Report
- 22 Driving from San Francisco Airport to San Rafael
- 23 Newark to Paris
- 24 A June trip to Kauai
- 25 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?