I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 2 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 3 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 4 Day trip to Disney, Orlando
- 5 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 6 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 7 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 8 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 9 Restaurant suggestion in Venice, Fl
- 10 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 11 Retiring to Tucson
- 12 10 days vacation in California
- 13 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 14 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 15 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 16 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 17 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 18 Utah National Parks visit
- 19 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 20 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 21 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 22 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 23 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 24 Hotel in Reno
- 25 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip