I just booked tickets into Bangor for a week in August. I was thinking of splitting the time between Bar Harbor (or Southwest Harbor) and the Camden/Rockport area (4 nights/3 nights). Is that a good idea? Are there other/better places to stay?
We mostly want to hike around Acadia, maybe Kayak a bit, do a day's sail or whale watch tour, a little shopping, eat a lot of lobster, and enjoy the lovely scenery.
I have found the following options for places to stay - any feedback? My biggest requirements are a private balcony or terrace, a bathtub, and preferrably walking distance to restaurants although that's not a complete deal breaker if the location makes up for it.
Castlemaine Inn - Bar Harbor
Moorings Inn - SW Harbor
Kingsleigh B&B - SW Harbor
Ann's Point Inn - Bass Harbor
Inns @ Blackberry Common - Camden
Grand Harbor Inn - Camden
Any feedback or other suggestions would be great. Thanks as always.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 2 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 3 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 4 http://tadvancesite.com/brilliant-eyes-serum-uk/
- 5 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 8 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 9 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 10 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 11 Budget NYC hotel
- 12 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 13 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 14 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 15 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 16 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 17 San Francisco and Napa
- 18 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 19 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 20 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 21 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 22 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 23 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 24 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 25 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship