I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 2 International transferring planes at CDG
- 3 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 4 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 5 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 6 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 7 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 8 Day Tripping in Florida Keys
- 9 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 10 Chinese restaurants in D.C.?
- 11 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 12 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 13 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 14 blue ridge parkway?
- 15 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 16 San Diego, mission valley
- 17 First Trip to New Mexico
- 18 Taxi from Honolulu airport to hotels
- 19 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 20 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 21 November redwoods trip
- 22 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 23 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 24 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 25 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW