I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gmail Customer |1-877-509-0415| Support Number
- 2 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 3 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 6 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 7 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 8 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 9 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 10 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 11 First Time to California
- 12 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 13 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 14 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 15 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 16 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 17 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 18 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 19 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 20 Angels Landing
- 21 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 22 San Francisco and Napa
- 23 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 24 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt