I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://klereumcol.com/image-revive/
- 2 http://supplementforehealthy.com/lumify-x9-avis/
- 3 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 4 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 5 Are you searching used car site?
- 6 Ideas for New York
- 7 Great OR beach house locations?
- 8 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 9 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 10 Honeymoon on PCH
- 11 Shuttle, taxi or Uber from PGD to Boca Grande area
- 12 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 13 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 14 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 15 No Spam this morning!!
- 16 San Francisco transit options
- 17 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 18 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 19 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 20 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 21 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 22 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 23 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 24 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 25 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston