I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Catalina Island: With kids for a day trip, first time
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Central Coast-California
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 4 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 5 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 6 Self guided White House tour
- 7 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 8 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 9 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 10 Moving to CT
- 11 Hotels Philly
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 14 Ackislander
- 15 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 16 san diego or nearby area
- 17 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 18 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 19 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 20 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 24 Texas
- 25 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal