I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 2 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 3 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 4 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 5 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 6 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 7 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 8 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 9 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 10 Traveling with an infant
- 11 driving RT 66
- 12 Birthday vacation ideas
- 13 From Newark to Manhattan
- 14 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 15 Relocating to Washington DC
- 16 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 17 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 18 San Diego - Del vs. Loews Coronado Bay
- 19 Acadia National Park
- 20 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 21 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 22 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 23 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 24 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 25 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.