I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 2 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 3 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 4 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 5 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 6 Road Trippin' I-94, I-90, I-5, I-70, & I-80
- 7 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 8 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 9 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 10 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 11 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 12 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 13 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 14 limited mobility for Savannah
- 15 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 16 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 17 Northwest Passage
- 18 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 19 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 20 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 21 Northwest Car Trip
- 22 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 23 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 24 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 25 Family Colorado Road Trip