I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 2 What to pack
- 3 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 4 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 5 First time, Best business class?
- 6 Restaurant Recs for Minneapolis
- 7 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 8 Spa at THE Hotel at Mandalay Bay
- 9 Trip Report: 2 weeks from SF to Yellowstone and back, June 2016
- 10 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 11 Zion and Bryce in July
- 12 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 13 Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 15 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 16 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 17 SW Colorado/San Juan Skyway ideas?
- 18 Between Naples and Fort Myers
- 19 Kids Vacation Place
- 20 Desert Southwest
- 21 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 22 If you're in Cleveland for the GOP Convention
- 23 Boston waterfront Italian
- 24 US-Canada road trip help
- 25 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork