I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 mcafee Tec* mcafee h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Capital Loan Associates - Heidi Lawler
- 3 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 4 Novel in Progress
- 5 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 6 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 7 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 8 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 9 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 10 Short Notice
- 11 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 12 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 13 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 14 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 15 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 16 Inn at Key West
- 17 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 18 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 19 Black History Museum
- 20 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 21 Another Great DC Trip
- 22 Chicago 2017
- 23 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 24 arizona rte 66
- 25 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view