I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from Los Angeles to Reno...Where to stop for the night?
- 2 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 3 Bryce and Zion planning
- 4 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 5 http://hotsupplement.com/hydroluxe-wrinkle-ca
- 6 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 7 Maui - luau question
- 8 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 9 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 10 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 11 Austin, Hotel
- 12 Landslide damages a portion of Scenic Highway 12 (SR-12)
- 13 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 14 June trip to Colorado HELP
- 15 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 16 Colorado Itinerary
- 17 Rocky Mountain High...king
- 18 SW Colorado Itinerary
- 19 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 20 1 year anniversary in Colorado in July
- 21 US Trip
- 22 Bryce and Zion hikes and photography
- 23 Philly Itinerary Help
- 24 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 25 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points