I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 2 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 3 5 days in Colorado
- 4 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 5 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 6 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 7 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 8 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 9 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 10 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 11 Safety Concerns
- 12 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 13 Sedona for a Month
- 14 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 15 Alaska -public transport
- 16 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 17 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 18 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 19 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 20 Southwest road trip
- 21 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 22 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 23 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 24 Alaska independent tour for group
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?