I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 2 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 3 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 4 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 5 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 6 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 7 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 8 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 9 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 10 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 11 Family Trip advice please?!
- 12 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 13 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 14 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 15 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 16 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 17 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 18 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 19 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 20 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 21 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 22 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 23 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 24 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 25 Driving from San Fran to Seattle