I am planning on going over to Catalina for a day trip with my 2 kids (Ages 10), this is our first time. We are planning on taking the ferry from Long Beach at 8.30 , and return on the one at 6 PM.
I have a few questions:
Snorkeling: Is it worth it for me to carry our snorkel gear? Will we be able to snorkel right from the beach in Avalon or Descanso beach? I read that there are lockers that I can rent out. Is it safe for kids in terms of the ocean current?
Descanso beach: I read that they are undergoing renovations. Is it still worth going in spite of the reno? Can I bring my own umbrella? (I have a small collapsible beach umbrella). Can we bring our own food and drinks? (I read that because of the reno, they only have a food truck that is not very good)
Avalon: Any other activities worth doing with the kids that are not very expensive? We might rent a one hour golf cart, but I am still deciding, since I have never driven one.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 5 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 6 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 7 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 8 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 9 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 10 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 14 New Orleans music
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 17 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 18 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 19 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 20 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 21 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 22 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 23 NYC with wheelchair
- 24 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 25 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC