we were planning to visit Catalina island on the coming long weekend.
Is it good option to visit in winter. ferry ride is it too bumpy in winters? hows the weather around the island in winters?
We were thinking of being in Avalon.
If we drive down from SF , is harbor parking a option if we plan to stay in Avalon for 1-2 nights.
what are good activities/ things in and around catalina? zipline is for sure one thing.
any good lodging options at the last minute.
Catalina island on the long weekend Jan 19-21
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 2 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 3 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 4 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 5 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 6 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 7 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 8 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 9 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 10 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 11 Cape Cod trip report
- 12 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 13 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 14 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 15 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 16 Road Trip SW
- 17 Seafood
- 18 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 19 moving to florida
- 20 2 weeks in Alaska
- 21 San Diego farmer's markets
- 22 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 23 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 24 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 25 Connecticut River Byway