Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boost your testosterone level with T advance
- 2 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 3 http://www.supplementrocket.com/muscle-booster-pure/
- 4 http://www.slimeragarciniacambogia.com/total-control-garcinia/
- 5 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/choice-eye-cream/
- 6 Maintained your body by Cellulite Buster Program
- 7 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/vitalmax-xt/
- 8 http://www.tophealthbuy.com/garcinia-super-slim-100/
- 9 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/derma-vitalift/
- 10 http://lumalifteye.com/eco-maxx-anti-aging-cream/
- 11 Nilichik Ak.
- 12 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 13 Las vegas +21
- 14 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 15 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 16 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 17 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 18 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 19 A day in Boston
- 20 Samsonite Silhouette 7 repair part
- 21 California Summer weather/ clothing
- 22 Newport , RI
- 23 Steamboat in August
- 24 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 25 Depot Bay OR
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos