Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please
- 2 Sequoia and King's Canyon NP Lodging options
- 3 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 4 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 5 Welcome to Auto Option Bot review
- 6 Charleston, SC transportation to HD from Airport
- 7 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 8 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 9 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 10 ABQ Balloon Fiesta - What to do in the down time?
- 11 Colorado aspen updates
- 12 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 13 Looking for Next Destination
- 14 Yosemite Lodging
- 15 advice please.. family of 8 trip to california in august
- 16 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 17 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 18 Fall color yet?
- 19 Worst Restaurants in America
- 20 Lesser seen places in DC?
- 21 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 22 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 23 SFO International Airport
- 24 Suggestions: Where to vist July 2015 ???
- 25 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee