Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 2 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 3 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 4 Maui - Haleakala
- 5 Centrally located hotel in Philadelphia
- 6 HELP WITH SONOMA AREA ITINERARY
- 7 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 8 Italian restaurants in NYC
- 9 Utah restaurants
- 10 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 11 Kauai Garden tours
- 12 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 13 Small group dining in Napa area
- 14 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 15 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 16 Glacier National Park 10 Days
- 17 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 18 A short stay in LA...Trip Report
- 19 Montana- what are must see places?
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 22 Los Angeles day trips
- 23 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 24 Rental Services
- 25 Safety in New Orleans