Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from California to Denver
- 2 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 3 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 4 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 5 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 6 Inexpensive family getaways
- 7 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 8 San Francisco to Indianapolis road trip with young kids
- 9 Rocky Mountain National Park early June
- 10 New York best app
- 11 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 12 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 13 Hawaii Cruise
- 14 Help Flying to Portland, Maine
- 15 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 16 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
- 17 Seattle, Portand, Hood River with kids- short notice
- 18 kauai
- 19 new england - a deer, a moose and a black bear too
- 20 San Fran & Napa 5/20/2016 - 5/25/2016
- 21 Which Island for a 3 week base over Christmas New Year?
- 22 First time to Alaska
- 23 Hawaii - where?
- 24 BBQ
- 25 Broiled Chicken and Sour Milk Biscuits in Delaware?
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos