Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 2 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 3 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 4 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 5 Cross Country RV Trip
- 6 Ackislander
- 7 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 8 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 9 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 10 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 11 Northern California in February
- 12 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 13 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 14 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 15 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 16 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 17 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 18 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 19 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 20 New England September
- 21 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 California
- 24 Trip to Memphis and Nashville
- 25 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15