Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 【【™【 ｗｗｗ.ＹＴＥ６４.ＣＯＭ 】✍】】바카라베이
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 4 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 5 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 6 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 7 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 8 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 9 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 10 Alaska Trip Report: Anchorage, Denali, Seward, Juneau & Glacier Bay
- 11 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 12 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 13 Best route to Cody?
- 14 NYC Vacation Packages - Two Thumbs Up!
- 15 Las Vegas
- 16 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 17 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 18 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 19 national/state park in November
- 20 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 21 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 22 50th in Hawaii
- 23 Florida Family vacation in California
- 24 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 25 traveling to Nashville
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos