Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 2 Who offers multi-island guided birding trips in Hawaii?
- 3 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 4 Driving from Carmel to Incline Village on Wednesday
- 5 Sedona to Vegas
- 6 Traveling with an infant
- 7 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver
- 8 A stop between St Louis and Little Rock
- 9 Is the California Zephyr really a once in a life time experience?
- 10 alaska kenai peninsula places to stay for fishing.
- 11 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 12 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 13 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 14 Empire Sate: best time; best vendor etcx
- 15 Yosemite Hike
- 16 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 17 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 18 Day Trip from Chicago Suburbs with Kids
- 19 Road trip from D.C. to Maine
- 20 Across country drive
- 21 philly to fredericksburg sat of memorial day wknd - bad idea?
- 22 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 23 bad traffic on 476 in PA memorial day weekend
- 24 Christmas at Grand Canyon
- 25 3rd Attempt - Road Trip Utah June 2016
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos