Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 school admission
- 2 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 3 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 4 Maine weather and temps
- 5 Alcatrez sold out
- 6 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 7 The Frugals Go To Maine
- 8 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 9 Nantucket Baggage Storage
- 10 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 11 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 12 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 13 Cross Country Road Trip Phoenix to Boston
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 Broadway
- 16 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 17 4 OR 5 BEDROOM CABIN IN WISCONSIN, IOWA OR MINNESOTA FOR ANNUAL GIRL TRIP
- 18 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 19 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 20 Road Trip from Dallas to Miami
- 21 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 22 Need help planning....
- 23 L.A. and Sequoia
- 24 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 25 Hawaii with 2 young teens
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos