Pictures of short trip with my nephew. First pics are hike to Guadalupe Peak This is the highest point in Texas. It was an 8 mile hike with an elevation gain of 2015ft. It was 105 when we were finished with the hike. Tough hike.
We also did The Big Room, Natural Entrance at Carlsbad. The highlight of the trip was doing two wild cave tours. These lasted 4 hours each and involved a lot of crawling. We did Hall of the White Giants and Spider Cave. Only 8 people per week are allowed in this area of the cave. So, reserve 6 months ahead of time. This is pretty serious caving. You must be 12 years old to participate. These are the last photos and I took them with a disposable camera.
You aren't allowed to photograph the bats. The bats are almost non-existent this year. We saw 500,000 4 years ago. This time only about 1000. They have such a drought there that there are no bugs, so nothing for the bats to eat. The park(carlsbad) burned up the day we left. It was closed for a few days after we left. I'm not sure what it would look like now. It's a good thing that the prime reason to go is all underground.
We also did some sledding at White Sands National Monument and visited the missle base.
A few pictures in the cave we were trying double exposures, so that isn't a ghost or two headed people you are seeing.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 2 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 3 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 4 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 5 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 6 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 7 T-shirt One Direction for you
- 8 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 9 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 10 First Time to California
- 11 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 12 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 13 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 14 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 15 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 16 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 17 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 18 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 19 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 20 Angels Landing
- 21 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 22 San Francisco and Napa
- 23 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 24 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 25 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
Carlsbad/Guadalupe National Park/White Sands Photos