I will be flying into and out of Vegas. Probably spend a night or two in Vegas at beginning and end of the trip. BUT What I really want advice on is the size and type of car I should get for the trip. We will not be camping or doing much hiking so I will not need room for gear, etc. But I am concerned about what size car will best make the trip which I assume will have many steep climbs and descents? I normally rent a compact for two adult seniors. Will I be greatly under powered? I would like to avoid a gas guzzling SUV but possible that is the best option??? Thanks.
Car type for Vegas Zion Bryce G Canyon trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 Rafting near Denali
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 5 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 6 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 7 Where to go in Maine?
- 8 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 9 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 18 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 19 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH