I’ve taken FAR TOO LONG obtaining quotes.
I’m the sort of guy who likes to play safe by obtaining just about all the insurance that’s available but don’t want to then be told I need even further insurance at that ruddy rental counter!
Am I correct with this theory in getting the ‘best’ deal?:
1. buy as much insurance as possible from the renter’s/comparison website before I leave UK.
2. copy the insurance ‘small print’,
3. read and ‘digest’ it as much as possible,
4. take a copy with me so when offered the inevitable at the rental desk I know where I stand, declining the offer of further insurance if already covered, (or accepting if not already paid for in UK)
OR, Is there a simpler, but not ridiculously more expensive way?
Any idea which sites quote all or most insurance?
(Boston to Boston 10 Days)
(Charlotte NC to Atlanta 6 Days)
All airport locations and I realise there will be a hefty drop-off fee for the 6 dayer.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 2 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 3 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 4 Paying for Permit Land Crossing USA to Mexico
- 5 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 6 Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs
- 7 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 8 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 9 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 10 Rental Car Orlando
- 11 Inexpensive family getaways
- 12 ALASKA FOR 7 DAYS
- 13 Boston College Visit with older teen. Highlights to see and do.
- 14 Discounted Rental Car?
- 15 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 16 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 17 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 18 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 19 Valdez, Alaska
- 20 NJ to Florida drive
- 21 Driving from central Florida to Napa CA
- 22 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 23 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 24 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 25 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico