I’ve taken FAR TOO LONG obtaining quotes.
I’m the sort of guy who likes to play safe by obtaining just about all the insurance that’s available but don’t want to then be told I need even further insurance at that ruddy rental counter!
Am I correct with this theory in getting the ‘best’ deal?:
1. buy as much insurance as possible from the renter’s/comparison website before I leave UK.
2. copy the insurance ‘small print’,
3. read and ‘digest’ it as much as possible,
4. take a copy with me so when offered the inevitable at the rental desk I know where I stand, declining the offer of further insurance if already covered, (or accepting if not already paid for in UK)
OR, Is there a simpler, but not ridiculously more expensive way?
Any idea which sites quote all or most insurance?
(Boston to Boston 10 Days)
(Charlotte NC to Atlanta 6 Days)
All airport locations and I realise there will be a hefty drop-off fee for the 6 dayer.
Car Rental Insurance Minefield for UK Citizen
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 8 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 9 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 10 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 13 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 14 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 19 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Denver in a half day
- 22 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 23 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 24 Oahu ideas
- 25 Grand Circle & Wyoming