From the great advice I got about places to stay along PCH (which are now all booked and payed) following my first query on fodors I am posting the next query to figure out the transportation and costs.
Me and my girlfriend (both 24yrs) are planning to drive the scenic route of PCH over a course of 5 days from February 12th to 17th this Year. It is going to be a One way drive since we are landing in San Francisco and flying out of LA. My questions are as follows.
- What are the approximate fuel costs for such a trip for a compact Car (probably a Ford Fusion or similar). We will be touring only local in SF, but we are planning to go around LA (universal Studios or Disneyland, Long Beach).
-Any suggestions for reliable and cheap Car Rentals in your personal experience ?
-Is it better to book it from the websites or go in person and talk to them at the airport. In my experience sometimes they seem to waiver off some fees if you go in person.
-Any deals, tricks, websites or links or hacks by seasoned travelers who do this often?
-Is it okay to book from Dollar car rentals and Thrifty, or should I stick to Hertz, Alamo etc.
-Is it cheaper to book from 13th to 17th (noon to noon) since everyone advised us that SF is easy to visit on foot and public transport and parking is a hassle or is it cheaper to book the care for a week from 12th to 17th.
Any other suggestions and clarifications from me are welcome. Thank you all for helping me.
Car Rental for PCH 5 day Trip from San Fransisco to Los Angeles. (one way)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 8 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 9 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 10 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 11 Denver in a half day
- 12 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 15 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 16 Oahu ideas
- 17 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 18 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 19 Best places to move to Florida?
- 20 West Coast Bound End of March
- 21 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 22 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 23 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 24 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 25 Key Largo, FL