From the great advice I got about places to stay along PCH (which are now all booked and payed) following my first query on fodors I am posting the next query to figure out the transportation and costs.
Me and my girlfriend (both 24yrs) are planning to drive the scenic route of PCH over a course of 5 days from February 12th to 17th this Year. It is going to be a One way drive since we are landing in San Francisco and flying out of LA. My questions are as follows.
- What are the approximate fuel costs for such a trip for a compact Car (probably a Ford Fusion or similar). We will be touring only local in SF, but we are planning to go around LA (universal Studios or Disneyland, Long Beach).
-Any suggestions for reliable and cheap Car Rentals in your personal experience ?
-Is it better to book it from the websites or go in person and talk to them at the airport. In my experience sometimes they seem to waiver off some fees if you go in person.
-Any deals, tricks, websites or links or hacks by seasoned travelers who do this often?
-Is it okay to book from Dollar car rentals and Thrifty, or should I stick to Hertz, Alamo etc.
-Is it cheaper to book from 13th to 17th (noon to noon) since everyone advised us that SF is easy to visit on foot and public transport and parking is a hassle or is it cheaper to book the care for a week from 12th to 17th.
Any other suggestions and clarifications from me are welcome. Thank you all for helping me.
Car Rental for PCH 5 day Trip from San Fransisco to Los Angeles. (one way)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 2 San Fransisco to LA
- 3 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 4 Jersey City Parking
- 5 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 9 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 10 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 11 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 12 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 13 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 14 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 15 Dining in D.C.
- 16 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Kennebunkport and....?
- 19 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 20 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 23 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 24 Wedding in Hawaii
- 25 Houseboat on Lake Powell