I have been intrigued, reading the dozens of replies to Lev's question about driving from Moab to Capitol Reef to Bryce. Ten years ago we visited Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce and Zion, and we want to re-visit those. We also want to check out Capitol Reef this time. One problem is that we are now ten years older. I am 67 and DH is 75. We are reasonably fit and are up for short scenic walks, but not "hikes" and climbs. We will travel at the end of May in a rented car, not a jeep, so want to avoid sand and dirt roads. I am hoping experienced travelers can please help us select scenic "viewpoint" and "short walk" stops along routes 24 and 12 and then 89 south toward Zion. The Hickman Bridge Trail and the petroglyphs in the Capitol Reef vicinity may fit the bill. We will be coming from Moab via 70 and then 24. We will overnight in Torrey, before heading to Bryce for a couple of nights and then Zion for a couple of nights. This will be a quick visit to Capitol Reef, as we are not serious hikers, but we'd like to have the best experience, nonetheless. We plan to take our time along the roads to Bryce and Zion, so are open to all suggestions for good stops on those routes as well. Grateful for all advice!
Capitol Reef to Zion
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 3 rain in Kauai
- 4 Where to go in Maine?
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 7 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint