I am simultaneously planning a fall and spring trip to 2 different global regions . One is overwhelming, two is...well, a little crazy I am learning. Okay, the fall trip ....We are considering flying to Boston , driving to the Cape (maybe Ptown) as our base for 5 days and then heading back to Boston for 2 days before flying back out on the 3rd day. So, we have 6 days of sightseeing available. We wish to do this the first week in October. What are conditions like that time of year in Ptown and are most of the shops, restaurants and artisans still there at that late of a date? We love to and want to walk ...is there plenty of area and/or beach to walk? How possible or inconvenient is it to head to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard from there? Are single day trips( no overnighting) to those islands even possible ? Boston....we are thinking about staying at a hotel near the airport , turning in our rental car and then relying on public transportation to get to places such as the Freedom Trail and other recommended sightseeing for our Boston time. How difficult is it to navigate the transit system since we are from a state that has none so this is a bit ( okay, a LOT) intimidating! To get the BEST of the Cape feel AND Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or both , where is the best place to base if not Ptown and would we later regret NOT staying in Ptown?
Cape Cod , Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and Boston
View all United States activity »
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 3 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 4 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 7 Creating restaurant list for San Francisco - new ones??
- 8 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 11 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 12 Warm and don't Drive
- 13 Train from Boston to Rockport?
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Rockport, MA dining?
- 16 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 17 Princeville in January
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 21 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 22 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 23 RIP Judy Rogers
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE