I am simultaneously planning a fall and spring trip to 2 different global regions . One is overwhelming, two is...well, a little crazy I am learning. Okay, the fall trip ....We are considering flying to Boston , driving to the Cape (maybe Ptown) as our base for 5 days and then heading back to Boston for 2 days before flying back out on the 3rd day. So, we have 6 days of sightseeing available. We wish to do this the first week in October. What are conditions like that time of year in Ptown and are most of the shops, restaurants and artisans still there at that late of a date? We love to and want to walk ...is there plenty of area and/or beach to walk? How possible or inconvenient is it to head to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard from there? Are single day trips( no overnighting) to those islands even possible ? Boston....we are thinking about staying at a hotel near the airport , turning in our rental car and then relying on public transportation to get to places such as the Freedom Trail and other recommended sightseeing for our Boston time. How difficult is it to navigate the transit system since we are from a state that has none so this is a bit ( okay, a LOT) intimidating! To get the BEST of the Cape feel AND Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or both , where is the best place to base if not Ptown and would we later regret NOT staying in Ptown?
Cape Cod , Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 2 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 3 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 New York Trip
- 6 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 7 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 8 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 9 Balloon fest hotels
- 10 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 11 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 12 Houston in September
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 15 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 16 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 17 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 18 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 19 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 20 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 21 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 22 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 23 Transportation help in Philly
- 24 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 25 Through Yellowstone to the OTO dude ranch