I am simultaneously planning a fall and spring trip to 2 different global regions . One is overwhelming, two is...well, a little crazy I am learning. Okay, the fall trip ....We are considering flying to Boston , driving to the Cape (maybe Ptown) as our base for 5 days and then heading back to Boston for 2 days before flying back out on the 3rd day. So, we have 6 days of sightseeing available. We wish to do this the first week in October. What are conditions like that time of year in Ptown and are most of the shops, restaurants and artisans still there at that late of a date? We love to and want to walk ...is there plenty of area and/or beach to walk? How possible or inconvenient is it to head to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard from there? Are single day trips( no overnighting) to those islands even possible ? Boston....we are thinking about staying at a hotel near the airport , turning in our rental car and then relying on public transportation to get to places such as the Freedom Trail and other recommended sightseeing for our Boston time. How difficult is it to navigate the transit system since we are from a state that has none so this is a bit ( okay, a LOT) intimidating! To get the BEST of the Cape feel AND Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or both , where is the best place to base if not Ptown and would we later regret NOT staying in Ptown?
Cape Cod , Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland Maine Hotels
- 2 San Diego parks and attractions
- 3 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 4 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 5 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 6 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 7 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 8 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 9 united and carry-ons
- 10 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 13 Cape Cod in early April
- 14 USA with a 3 year old
- 15 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 16 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 17 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 18 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 19 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 20 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 21 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 22 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 23 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?