I am simultaneously planning a fall and spring trip to 2 different global regions . One is overwhelming, two is...well, a little crazy I am learning. Okay, the fall trip ....We are considering flying to Boston , driving to the Cape (maybe Ptown) as our base for 5 days and then heading back to Boston for 2 days before flying back out on the 3rd day. So, we have 6 days of sightseeing available. We wish to do this the first week in October. What are conditions like that time of year in Ptown and are most of the shops, restaurants and artisans still there at that late of a date? We love to and want to walk ...is there plenty of area and/or beach to walk? How possible or inconvenient is it to head to either Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard from there? Are single day trips( no overnighting) to those islands even possible ? Boston....we are thinking about staying at a hotel near the airport , turning in our rental car and then relying on public transportation to get to places such as the Freedom Trail and other recommended sightseeing for our Boston time. How difficult is it to navigate the transit system since we are from a state that has none so this is a bit ( okay, a LOT) intimidating! To get the BEST of the Cape feel AND Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard or both , where is the best place to base if not Ptown and would we later regret NOT staying in Ptown?
Cape Cod , Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard and Boston
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 2 Where to raise a family in Florida?
- 3 Priceline/HotWire Better Bidding Assistance
- 4 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 5 Boston Marathon spectator questions
- 6 Daytona Beach and ??
- 7 Cape Cod Beaches requiring foot sanitation.
- 8 Beach holiday with baby
- 9 Chicago Information Need for a Possible Trip
- 10 Kennebunkport, Cape Cod or Martha's Vineyard
- 11 What is the best place to spend in summers in Texas?
- 12 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 13 Thoughts for two 14 yr old boys who enjoy NYC,Chicago/sneakers.
- 14 Whcih is the best fashion store chain
- 15 Renting a condo in Florida in January
- 16 Another Key West trip in the books!
- 17 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 18 Trip with grandson to Chicago and Michigan
- 19 Grand Marais?
- 20 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 21 Salt Lake City
- 22 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 23 First visit in New Mexico
- 24 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 25 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon