My husband and I are staying in Newport for a long weekend in October. We would like to take a day trip to Cape Cod. We probably don't want to take the time to go all the way to Provincetown. Where should we spend 1 day? And what should we do while there? It obviously won't be beach season, but we are interested in good food, history, quaint towns and fall colors. What town best fits that bill?
Cape Cod Day Trip from Newport, RI
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Getting around the Big Island
- 2 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 3 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 4 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 5 San Francisco - mid October
- 6 New York Yankee Station
- 7 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 10 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 11 Vegas hotels for families
- 12 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 13 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 14 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 15 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 16 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 17 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 18 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 21 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 22 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 23 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 24 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 25 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n