Hi, I just would like to know if ammenities in Cape Cod close down somewhat after the Columbus Day weekend? Some travel books I am reading tell you this. I am wanting to go to the Cape for about 3 days in October but am driving up the mountains to see your beautiful foliage for the first two weeks. Timewise, it makes more sense for me to arrive at the Cape after 10th October. We wont have a car at that stage and are hoping to get their either by ferry from Boston or bus so I am still researching the best place to stay seeing our transport will be limited and I will want to be near the port to head out to either Marthas' Vineyard or Nantucket. If anyone has a preference for a day trip, or favourite place on the Cape, I'd like to hear about it. Also should I be worried about hurricane season at all?
Cape Cod after Columbus Day weekend
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 2 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Cape Cod in early April
- 7 united and carry-ons
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver