I have enough miles in my mileage plan to either travel to Caribbean or to Maui. We originally wanted to go to Birtish Virgin Islands and/or USVI but could not find any seats in mileage space until next year. So we can either wait till next year or not use the miles and instead purchase the tickets that would cost us more than $2000. Or we could just go to Maui now for free (using miles).
We have never been to Maui or Caribbean. We are a family of four. Our goal is simply to experience a relaxing vacation by the beach, you know, the idyllic image of clear blue water, sand and palms. If you have been the two destinations mentioned above, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and help me decide whether we should wait another year or plunk down a couple of grands for USVI/BVI or start packing our bags for Maui.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Colorado Shows Off
- 2 help me plan a Cali trip
- 3 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 4 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 5 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 6 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 7 Wilmington DE questions
- 8 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 9 New England Tour
- 10 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 11 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 12 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 13 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 14 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 15 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 16 Muir Woods in October
- 17 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 18 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 19 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 20 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 21 Mesa Verde question
- 22 Planning our Move
- 23 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 24 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 25 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
Can't make it to Caribbean. Is Maui a comparable alternative?