I have enough miles in my mileage plan to either travel to Caribbean or to Maui. We originally wanted to go to Birtish Virgin Islands and/or USVI but could not find any seats in mileage space until next year. So we can either wait till next year or not use the miles and instead purchase the tickets that would cost us more than $2000. Or we could just go to Maui now for free (using miles).
We have never been to Maui or Caribbean. We are a family of four. Our goal is simply to experience a relaxing vacation by the beach, you know, the idyllic image of clear blue water, sand and palms. If you have been the two destinations mentioned above, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and help me decide whether we should wait another year or plunk down a couple of grands for USVI/BVI or start packing our bags for Maui.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 2 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 3 Farewell from Ira
- 4 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 5 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 6 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 9 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 10 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 11 Pacific coast road trip
- 12 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 13 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 14 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 15 chicago to hibbing
- 16 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 17 Arlington Hotels
- 18 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 19 Cabin rental in march
- 20 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 21 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 22 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 23 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 24 Luxury Accommodations Motel-Machesney Park, IL, Janesville, WI
- 25 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
Can't make it to Caribbean. Is Maui a comparable alternative?