I have enough miles in my mileage plan to either travel to Caribbean or to Maui. We originally wanted to go to Birtish Virgin Islands and/or USVI but could not find any seats in mileage space until next year. So we can either wait till next year or not use the miles and instead purchase the tickets that would cost us more than $2000. Or we could just go to Maui now for free (using miles).
We have never been to Maui or Caribbean. We are a family of four. Our goal is simply to experience a relaxing vacation by the beach, you know, the idyllic image of clear blue water, sand and palms. If you have been the two destinations mentioned above, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and help me decide whether we should wait another year or plunk down a couple of grands for USVI/BVI or start packing our bags for Maui.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 JFK Terminal 8
- 2 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 3 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 4 Seaside, California
- 5 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 6 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 7 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 10 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 11 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 12 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 13 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 14 Bed and Breakfast
- 15 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 16 What car service?
- 17 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 18 Denali
- 19 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 20 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 21 Maine in May?
- 22 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 23 New Years Eve in NYC
- 24 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 25 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
Can't make it to Caribbean. Is Maui a comparable alternative?