I have enough miles in my mileage plan to either travel to Caribbean or to Maui. We originally wanted to go to Birtish Virgin Islands and/or USVI but could not find any seats in mileage space until next year. So we can either wait till next year or not use the miles and instead purchase the tickets that would cost us more than $2000. Or we could just go to Maui now for free (using miles).
We have never been to Maui or Caribbean. We are a family of four. Our goal is simply to experience a relaxing vacation by the beach, you know, the idyllic image of clear blue water, sand and palms. If you have been the two destinations mentioned above, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and help me decide whether we should wait another year or plunk down a couple of grands for USVI/BVI or start packing our bags for Maui.
Can't make it to Caribbean. Is Maui a comparable alternative?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Backpacking in April
- 2 Four days in DC
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Circle Oahu / luau
- 6 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 7 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 8 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 9 "Off the beaten path" road trip from Vail, CO
- 10 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 11 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 12 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 13 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 14 replica designer handbags
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 San Diego parks and attractions
- 17 Cape Cod in early April
- 18 USA with a 3 year old
- 19 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 20 united and carry-ons
- 21 Portland Maine Hotels
- 22 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 23 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 24 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 25 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool