I have enough miles in my mileage plan to either travel to Caribbean or to Maui. We originally wanted to go to Birtish Virgin Islands and/or USVI but could not find any seats in mileage space until next year. So we can either wait till next year or not use the miles and instead purchase the tickets that would cost us more than $2000. Or we could just go to Maui now for free (using miles).
We have never been to Maui or Caribbean. We are a family of four. Our goal is simply to experience a relaxing vacation by the beach, you know, the idyllic image of clear blue water, sand and palms. If you have been the two destinations mentioned above, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and help me decide whether we should wait another year or plunk down a couple of grands for USVI/BVI or start packing our bags for Maui.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://phytolyft.com/gieovie-cream/
- 2 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 3 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 4 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 5 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 6 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 7 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 8 Boston Ideas
- 9 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 10 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 11 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 12 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 13 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 14 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 15 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 16 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 17 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 18 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 19 Lake Champlain, VT
- 20 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 21 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 22 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 23 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 24 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 25 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
Can't make it to Caribbean. Is Maui a comparable alternative?