I have enough miles in my mileage plan to either travel to Caribbean or to Maui. We originally wanted to go to Birtish Virgin Islands and/or USVI but could not find any seats in mileage space until next year. So we can either wait till next year or not use the miles and instead purchase the tickets that would cost us more than $2000. Or we could just go to Maui now for free (using miles).
We have never been to Maui or Caribbean. We are a family of four. Our goal is simply to experience a relaxing vacation by the beach, you know, the idyllic image of clear blue water, sand and palms. If you have been the two destinations mentioned above, I would appreciate if you could share your experience and help me decide whether we should wait another year or plunk down a couple of grands for USVI/BVI or start packing our bags for Maui.
Can't make it to Caribbean. Is Maui a comparable alternative?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 2 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 8 Maui vacation
- 9 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 14 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 15 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 16 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 17 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 18 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 19 WISCONSIN
- 20 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 21 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 24 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 25 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!