My fiance and I are trying to figure out where to go for our honeymoon, and one of our top choices is Hawaii. However, I am a huge arachnophobe and am deathly, deathly afraid of spiders. I can deal with 2 inch flying roaches, huge centipedes, even little spiders, but huge 5-7 inch hairy big bodied cane spiders are my limit. I originally thought that these were only seen only outside or maybe in bungalows, but after doing some online research I see that people have seen them in high rise hotels like the Shearton Maui. I know some people will think this is silly, but this is a real phobia of mine, and I don't want to live in fear and be miserable for my whole honeymoon. I know these things are also in other tropical areas like the Caribbean. Maybe we should go to Europe instead?
Cane Spiders in Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 2 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 3 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 4 san diego or nearby area
- 5 Clearwater FL area
- 6 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 7 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 8 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 9 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 10 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 11 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 12 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 13 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 14 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 15 Charleston, SC help
- 16 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 17 Seattle in July: Warwick or Maxwell hotel
- 18 middlebury vt snow
- 19 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 20 Miami Marlins
- 21 Best First Thing to Do in Manhattan - & Advice re Itinerary!
- 22 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 23 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 24 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 25 Oakland CA restaurants near Fox Theater ... maybe even a hotel?