My fiance and I are trying to figure out where to go for our honeymoon, and one of our top choices is Hawaii. However, I am a huge arachnophobe and am deathly, deathly afraid of spiders. I can deal with 2 inch flying roaches, huge centipedes, even little spiders, but huge 5-7 inch hairy big bodied cane spiders are my limit. I originally thought that these were only seen only outside or maybe in bungalows, but after doing some online research I see that people have seen them in high rise hotels like the Shearton Maui. I know some people will think this is silly, but this is a real phobia of mine, and I don't want to live in fear and be miserable for my whole honeymoon. I know these things are also in other tropical areas like the Caribbean. Maybe we should go to Europe instead?
Cane Spiders in Hawaii
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 2 5 week in US/Mexico
- 3 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 4 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 5 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 6 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 7 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 10 Washington, DC to Boston
- 11 New Orleans Weekend
- 12 Phoenix restaurants
- 13 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 14 San Diego Trip Report
- 15 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 16 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 17 rain in Kauai
- 18 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 19 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 20 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 21 WISCONSIN
- 22 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 23 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 24 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 25 A few hours in Salt Lake City