We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also posting this on the Canadian forum.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weather in Chicago
- 2 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 Help me with this
- 5 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 6 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 7 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 8 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 9 New Orleans
- 10 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 11 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 12 Oregon road trip
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 15 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 16 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 17 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 18 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 19 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day