We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also posting this on the Canadian forum.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 2 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 3 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Border crossing
- 7 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 8 Cross country tips
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Parka in PA during February?
- 13 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 14 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 15 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 16 Driving Alaska
- 17 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 20 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 21 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 22 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 23 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 24 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 25 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas