We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also posting this on the Canadian forum.
Canada & Alaska, what time of year?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 2 San Francisco - mid October
- 3 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 4 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 5 Vegas hotels for families
- 6 Apartment Rentals DC
- 7 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 8 Round trip from Chicago
- 9 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 10 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 11 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 12 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 13 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 14 Tour companies
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 17 Zion to Albuquerque
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 Quick Trip to NYC
- 20 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 21 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 22 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 23 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 24 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 25 4th thread on East Coast trip.