We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also posting this on the Canadian forum.
Canada & Alaska, what time of year?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 3 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Kennedy Space Center
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 5 week in US/Mexico
- 11 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 14 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 21 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 24 Jersey City Parking
- 25 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?