We are two Aussie couples just starting to plan our trip to Canada and Alaska, roughly dividing up for 2 weeks in each destination.
Canada would be Vancouver, Vancouver Island and a self drive through Jasper, Banff etc.
For Alaska we are thinking of taking the AMH from Bellingham to Juneau staying for a few days then flying into Anchorage for a week of site seeing which would include Denali.
However before we make any further plans we need to decide on the time of year, do we see Canada first then Alaska or the other way around? We were thinking of last two weeks in Ausgust, first two weeks in Sept but are open to any suggestions. We would really appreciate your guidance. I am also posting this on the Canadian forum.
Canada & Alaska, what time of year?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 4 First family ski trip
- 5 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 8 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 9 Oahu ideas
- 10 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 11 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 12 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 13 Best places to move to Florida?
- 14 West Coast Bound End of March
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Death Valley in June
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 San Diego grocery stores
- 25 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions