I'll be taking this train in June and I just noticed that the tracks seem to pass pretty close to the volcano. Even though I was but a wee lad when the Mount Saint Helens came alive, the 1980 eruption was definitely an event that marked my childhood.
Can you actually see the volcano typically or is it more like Mount Rainier from Seattle, only if you're lucky enough to get an especially blue sky day?
Best Wishes, Daniel
Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 1 Where should I move to?
- 2 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 3 St. Augustine, Florida
- 4 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 7 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 8 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 9 Fripp island
- 10 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 11 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 12 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 13 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 14 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 15 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 16 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 17 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 18 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 19 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 20 Hotel near Public Theater
- 21 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 22 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 23 San Antonio
- 24 hotel near Met NYC
- 25 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles