I'll be taking this train in June and I just noticed that the tracks seem to pass pretty close to the volcano. Even though I was but a wee lad when the Mount Saint Helens came alive, the 1980 eruption was definitely an event that marked my childhood.
Can you actually see the volcano typically or is it more like Mount Rainier from Seattle, only if you're lucky enough to get an especially blue sky day?
Best Wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 3 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 4 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?
- 5 Novel in Progress
- 6 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 7 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 8 Acadia/Bar Harbor in early June
- 9 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 10 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 11 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 12 Trip Report National Parks Utah in October 2017
- 13 Short Notice
- 14 Utah National Parks Itinerary help please
- 15 Lodging Grand Canyon South Rim
- 16 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 17 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota trip report
- 18 Inn at Key West
- 19 8 day Road Trip! Spokane to New Orleans
- 20 Black History Museum
- 21 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 22 Another Great DC Trip
- 23 Chicago 2017
- 24 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 25 arizona rte 66
Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?