I'll be taking this train in June and I just noticed that the tracks seem to pass pretty close to the volcano. Even though I was but a wee lad when the Mount Saint Helens came alive, the 1980 eruption was definitely an event that marked my childhood.
Can you actually see the volcano typically or is it more like Mount Rainier from Seattle, only if you're lucky enough to get an especially blue sky day?
Best Wishes, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 2 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 3 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 4 NYC with wheelchair
- 5 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 6 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 7 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 8 Biloxi Suggestions
- 9 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 10 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 11 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 12 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 13 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 14 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 15 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 16 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 17 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 21 New Orleans music
- 22 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 23 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 24 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 25 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?