I'll be taking this train in June and I just noticed that the tracks seem to pass pretty close to the volcano. Even though I was but a wee lad when the Mount Saint Helens came alive, the 1980 eruption was definitely an event that marked my childhood.
Can you actually see the volcano typically or is it more like Mount Rainier from Seattle, only if you're lucky enough to get an especially blue sky day?
Best Wishes, Daniel
Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 2 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 3 Boulder Hotels. Want nice !! Near U of C
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Jersey Boys Show ? Las Vegas
- 6 best area to stay in san diego
- 7 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 8 San Francisco - mid October
- 9 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 10 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 11 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 12 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 13 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 16 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 17 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 18 Denver 1 day in denver
- 19 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 20 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 21 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 22 Burlington VT day trip
- 23 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 24 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 25 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton