I live in the Central Valley (California) but actually like to (need to) leave it once in a while. But it is a mess to leave from FAT (Fresno) to connect to the big birds in San Francisco or Los Angeles. Flights are expensive and for my last two trips the flights were delayed or cancelled causing me to miss the connection. I am thinking about taking Amtrak up to San Francisco (Emeryville or Oakland) and wonder what would be the best (easiest) way to get to SFO ( or a nice hotel next to SFO with a shuttle service for a next day flight). I cannot lug suitcases up and down stairs nor would I be able to walk a long distance with my luggage. Information and suggestions will be appreciated.
Can Anyone Suggest An Easier Way?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 2 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 3 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 4 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 7 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 8 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 9 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 10 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 11 Brooklyn why?
- 12 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 13 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 14 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 15 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 16 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 17 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 18 New York City Restaurants
- 19 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 22 Maui vacation
- 23 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 24 Favorite Washington, DC restaurants
- 25 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help