We're starting to think about a Girls camping trip to Iowa next spring and with my daughter at ISU it would be great if there were something nice close to Ames. I like a very shady site for tents with water and possibly electricity (for the crockpot and morning coffee) .Something on a river or lake would be fabulous as would be some great sleeping sounds; loons, cows lowing etc. Does anything like that exist in Iowa? Or how close can we get to that ideal? I know we are thinking way ahead here but sometimes it takes a while to get an answer on this forum. TIA!
camping near Ames
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 2 Backpacking in April
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 replica designer handbags
- 5 Portland Maine Hotels
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 8 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 9 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 10 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 11 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 12 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 13 united and carry-ons
- 14 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 15 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 16 Cape Cod in early April
- 17 USA with a 3 year old
- 18 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 25 Light hiking around Santa Barbara