We're starting to think about a Girls camping trip to Iowa next spring and with my daughter at ISU it would be great if there were something nice close to Ames. I like a very shady site for tents with water and possibly electricity (for the crockpot and morning coffee) .Something on a river or lake would be fabulous as would be some great sleeping sounds; loons, cows lowing etc. Does anything like that exist in Iowa? Or how close can we get to that ideal? I know we are thinking way ahead here but sometimes it takes a while to get an answer on this forum. TIA!
camping near Ames
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SFO black friday traffic
- 2 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 3 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 4 California & French Polynesia
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 7 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 10 Dining in Manhattan
- 11 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 12 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 13 American Honeymoon in March
- 14 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 How to dress in Vegas
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 20 St Patrick's renovations
- 21 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 22 4 week family trip ideas
- 23 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 24 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 25 From Seattle airport to the city