We're starting to think about a Girls camping trip to Iowa next spring and with my daughter at ISU it would be great if there were something nice close to Ames. I like a very shady site for tents with water and possibly electricity (for the crockpot and morning coffee) .Something on a river or lake would be fabulous as would be some great sleeping sounds; loons, cows lowing etc. Does anything like that exist in Iowa? Or how close can we get to that ideal? I know we are thinking way ahead here but sometimes it takes a while to get an answer on this forum. TIA!
camping near Ames
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 3 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 4 moving to florida
- 5 Chicago coffee shop/breakfast
- 6 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 7 Maui - Kaanapali shuttle/trolley
- 8 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park
- 9 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 10 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 11 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 12 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 13 Road Trip SW
- 14 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 15 Philly
- 16 Fancy car rental - LA to Vegas!
- 17 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 18 Nice Houston area spa for mother-daughter
- 19 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 20 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Pub with food in Seattle
- 23 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 24 Best Seattle Casual and Fun Eateries...
- 25 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?