We're starting to think about a Girls camping trip to Iowa next spring and with my daughter at ISU it would be great if there were something nice close to Ames. I like a very shady site for tents with water and possibly electricity (for the crockpot and morning coffee) .Something on a river or lake would be fabulous as would be some great sleeping sounds; loons, cows lowing etc. Does anything like that exist in Iowa? Or how close can we get to that ideal? I know we are thinking way ahead here but sometimes it takes a while to get an answer on this forum. TIA!
camping near Ames
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia ?
- 2 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 3 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 4 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 5 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 6 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 7 late-night DC restaurant
- 8 Houston in September
- 9 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 10 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 11 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 12 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 13 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 14 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 15 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 16 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 17 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 18 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 19 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 20 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?
- 21 Yellowstone Road Closures - Impact Old Faithful
- 22 rental car - Highway 1 Roadtrip
- 23 Trip Report - 4 Days in Olympic National Park
- 24 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 25 S. Utah 10 day Circle-Itinery-Ist pass