We're starting to think about a Girls camping trip to Iowa next spring and with my daughter at ISU it would be great if there were something nice close to Ames. I like a very shady site for tents with water and possibly electricity (for the crockpot and morning coffee) .Something on a river or lake would be fabulous as would be some great sleeping sounds; loons, cows lowing etc. Does anything like that exist in Iowa? Or how close can we get to that ideal? I know we are thinking way ahead here but sometimes it takes a while to get an answer on this forum. TIA!
camping near Ames
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip in January - New Orleans to Lexington
- 2 Car Needed in Austin?
- 3 Delaware - what do you recommend?
- 4 West Coast Road Trip
- 5 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 6 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 7 Provincetown: Parking in City Lots and Restaurant Recommendations
- 8 Relaxing Honeymoon Week
- 9 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 10 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 11 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 12 Maui itinerary
- 13 Which Florida Key for one month stay with infant?
- 14 Las vegas and Grand canyon trip with parents ( 4 days)
- 15 One day trip to New york or Washington DC (First visit)!
- 16 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 17 East Coast Road Trip
- 18 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 19 4 week family trip ideas
- 20 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 21 Pirateland SC
- 22 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 23 San Diego with Kids
- 24 Metro Card Options
- 25 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October