We are planning on camping for four or five nights in late April in the Outer Banks. We would like to take in as many attractions as we can from north to south. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to set up a "base camp" or is it better to move around. Also do we need a low profile tent because of the winds? Any campground suggestions and tips would be appreciated. This will be our first time to visit. We will be traveling on a motorcycle and pulling a trailer.
Camping in OBX in April
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Texas
- 2 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 3 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 4 Enjoy Orlando Vacation Homes without Breaking your Budget
- 5 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 6 Cross Country RV Trip
- 7 Ackislander
- 8 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 9 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 10 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 11 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 12 Northern California in February
- 13 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 14 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 15 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 16 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 17 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 18 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 19 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 20 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 21 New England September
- 22 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 23 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 24 California
- 25 Trip to Memphis and Nashville