We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ziemer Law, LLC
- 2 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 3 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 4 Seattle Ho
- 5 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 6 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 7 November redwoods trip
- 8 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 9 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 10 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 11 Southern history- walkable cities
- 12 Seattle?
- 13 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 14 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 15 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 16 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 17 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 18 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 19 Zepher to CA from Den or Yellowstone
- 20 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 21 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 22 Beer Bar - NYC
- 23 First Trip to New Mexico
- 24 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 25 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th