We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Camping in Colorado?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 2 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 3 4 week family trip ideas
- 4 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 5 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 6 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 7 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 8 san fran sightseeing
- 9 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 10 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 11 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 12 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 13 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 14 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 15 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 16 Boston in winter?
- 17 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 21 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 22 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 23 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 24 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 25 Colorado Skiing