We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Adobe helpline Tec*h SUPP0RT Reader/acrobat 1:800:681 :7208 CONTACT d*j
- 2 Rules of the NY Subway
- 3 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 4 Best weather and tips to roadtrip to west coast USA
- 5 Seward without a car
- 6 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 7 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 8 Grand Canyon 10/17
- 9 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons Itinerary Help!
- 11 flagstaff
- 12 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 13 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 14 sugestions
- 15 Yellowstone/Grand Teton Camping Itinerary
- 16 Oregon Overnight south of Crater Lake
- 17 Moving to Tulsa, OK
- 18 Travel from Philadelphia to New York
- 19 Daughters/ mother 4/5 girl trip
- 20 Rolling Thunder on Sunday- how bad will traffic be?
- 21 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 22 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 23 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 24 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 25 Maui experts..too late to plan August-Sept. visit???