We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trump NFL row: Sports stars round on US president
- 2 Peter J. Burns III
- 3 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 4 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 5 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 6 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 7 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 8 New England Tour
- 9 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 10 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 11 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 12 Downtown Denver hotel
- 13 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 14 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 15 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 16 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 17 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 18 San Diego VRBO area
- 19 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 20 Glacier National Park 2018
- 21 Muir Woods in October
- 22 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 23 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 24 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 25 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.