We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Camping in Colorado?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ONP help
- 2 Which outdoor museum for our New England trip?
- 3 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 4 Road Tour in Usa
- 5 Great trip from Bryce to Capitol Reef along Utah Highway 12
- 6 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 7 So you love handbags!
- 8 Vegas - outdoor booths selling handbags
- 9 Man arrested bringing fake handbags into Manhattan
- 10 replica designer handbags
- 11 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 12 Looking For Something New Around The Bay Area!
- 13 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 14 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 15 Trip Report - Hiking to the HOLLYWOOD sign
- 16 Re-Visit DC
- 17 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 18 Seattle Trip - Snoqualmie Falls
- 19 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 20 Looking for One night commutable to NYC (Solo)
- 21 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 22 From Raleigh-Durham to Miami
- 23 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 24 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 25 Question about a private tour in Florence from Livorno port