We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Camping in Colorado?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 2 New York city--best time to visit??
- 3 California & French Polynesia
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 6 General Utah planning questions
- 7 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 8 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 11 Boston area -- nature
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 14 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 15 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 16 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 17 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 18 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 19 SFO black friday traffic
- 20 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 21 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 22 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 23 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 24 Dining in Manhattan
- 25 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM