We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 USA October 2016
- 2 Redwood National Forest
- 3 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 4 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 5 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 6 Central Park
- 7 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 8 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 9 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 10 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 11 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 12 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 13 Kings and Sequoia.
- 14 Uber and Miami
- 15 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 16 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys
- 17 BRAVOFLY - SCAM
- 18 Austin and ?, Texas Family Spring Break 2015 - Trying again
- 19 New Orleants dining
- 20 Springtime in Florida
- 21 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 22 14 day road trip from Birmingham Alabama to Yellowstone part
- 23 new orleans in july
- 24 Indoor Parking at JFK?
- 25 Jazz Fest shuttle buses