We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 2 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 3 http://www.supplementsbag.com/nu-youth-cream/
- 4 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 5 Four Seasons Austin HALF-OFF
- 6 http://www.supplementsbag.com/dermavie/
- 7 http://topmuscleuptips.com/lumitact-g700-tactical-military-led-flashlight/
- 8 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 9 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 10 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 11 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 12 a tourist in DC this February
- 13 Springtime in Florida
- 14 Kings and Sequoia.
- 15 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 16 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 17 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 18 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 19 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 20 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 21 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 22 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 23 USA October 2016
- 24 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 25 Redwood National Forest