We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 2 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 3 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 4 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 5 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 6 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 7 Las vegas +21
- 8 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 9 Your favourite places in New York City
- 10 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 11 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 12 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 13 Which Motel with Magic Fingers Beds?
- 14 Trip Starting from New York
- 15 Four San Francisco restaurants
- 16 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 17 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 18 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 19 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 20 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 21 Nilichik Ak.
- 22 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 23 Grand Teton Questions
- 24 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 25 Grand American Road Trip!