We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Camping in Colorado?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Middle America in October
- 2 From Seattle airport to the city
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 New York City Christmas Trip
- 5 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 6 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 7 visit to HIghLine
- 8 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 9 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 10 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 11 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 12 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 13 Colorado Skiing
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 16 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 17 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 18 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 19 Help with the Itinerary - February 2015
- 20 attraction/tour ticket purchase
- 21 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 22 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 23 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 24 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015