We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 2 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 3 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 4 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 5 Relocating to the Deep South
- 6 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 7 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 8 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 9 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 10 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 11 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 12 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 13 Budget NYC hotel
- 14 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 15 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 16 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 19 San Francisco and Napa
- 20 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 21 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 22 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 23 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 24 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 25 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled