We are considering hauling our camper from the midwest to Colorado for about 8 or 9 days in late August and trying to determine 2 main areas that would be good for camping and sightseeing with our 6 year old son. We have no desire to go to Denver, more like Rocky Mtn National Park, and fun kid stuff...
I remember doing a trip like this with my parents when I was my boy's age and going to Mesa Verde, Garden of the Gods, Continental Divide, etc...
What would be your recommendations for 2 locations to do day trips from and any suggestions on cool stuff to do and see? Also is camping in CO at this time of year just crazy busy? Will we even have a chance of finding camping spots at this late date?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family Trip to San Diego
- 2 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 3 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 4 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 5 Chicago to Mount Rushmore...?
- 6 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 7 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 8 Zurich airport connections
- 9 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 10 DC Metro to other sites?
- 11 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 12 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 13 Cleveland West Side Market
- 14 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 15 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 16 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 17 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 18 DC Hotel location help
- 19 Dinosaur National Monument
- 20 Eastern Seaboard
- 21 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 22 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 23 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 24 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 25 Miami airport--safety??