Which camping area would you recommend within a two hour drive or less from Rockville MD (Cabins are fine too)? We want to escape from the noise and relax a little bit so a place very concurred is out. These 3 parks showed up in the MD Dep of Nat Resources, would you recommend one of them or suggest any other destination?: Elk Neck State Park, Martinak State Park and Rocky Gap State Park. A beach camping would also be great but so far Assateague is the only one I can find and that is definitively too far. Again, we are looking for a quiet getaway. THANKS!
Camping areas in MD
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Washington DC Metro
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 6 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 7 Kennebunkport and....?
- 8 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 9 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 10 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 11 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 12 Where to go in Maine?
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 15 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 16 Wedding in Hawaii
- 17 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 18 rain in Kauai
- 19 Alaska cruise and land
- 20 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 21 Alaska Itinerary/Suggestions
- 22 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 23 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 24 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 25 Autumn stay on Cape Cod