Anyone have a good recommendation for a campsite that's accessible by public transportation (rail, bus, whatever) from NYC and is relatively quiet/remote with good hiking. We're not looking for an "all around family" kind of place with mini golf and all that! Just some place quiet and surrounded by wilderness and good hiking/walking. We're not super-rugged campers, but don't need a lot of amenities nonetheless.
ps. I've checked the camping sites and I'm a little overwhelmed. Hence my post.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 2 united and carry-ons
- 3 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 4 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 5 Cape Cod in early April
- 6 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 7 Backpacking in April
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 replica designer handbags
- 10 Portland Maine Hotels
- 11 San Diego parks and attractions
- 12 Help choosing Chicago hotel
- 13 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 16 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 19 USA with a 3 year old
- 20 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 21 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 22 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 23 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 24 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle