Anyone have a good recommendation for a campsite that's accessible by public transportation (rail, bus, whatever) from NYC and is relatively quiet/remote with good hiking. We're not looking for an "all around family" kind of place with mini golf and all that! Just some place quiet and surrounded by wilderness and good hiking/walking. We're not super-rugged campers, but don't need a lot of amenities nonetheless.
ps. I've checked the camping sites and I'm a little overwhelmed. Hence my post.
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 3 Fripp island
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 6 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 7 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 8 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 9 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 10 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 11 Where should I move to?
- 12 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 13 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 16 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013