I am going to be staying in Calistoga for 3 days in August. I've never been to the wine country. Having read the tourbooks and posts here, I am a bit overwhelmed as to which are the truly "must visit" wineries. I am looking for friendly hosts where they will take the time to explain the vintages, process, etc. Also, is the "wine train" worth the money? Anything close to Calistoga would be especially appreciated. Thank you.
Calistoga in August: Which Wineries?
- 1 Las vegas hotels--can't make up my mind, help!
- 2 Fireworks on the Fourth of July on the Mall
- 3 Driving from Kentucky to Florida
- 4 Kauai Activity Suggestions Needed!
- 5 Going to Dodge City, Kansas
- 6 Minnesota State Fair
- 7 New York, New York...my kind of town
- 8 Trying To Find a Place
- 9 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 10 hotel in carmel or monterey
- 11 Reasonably priced seafood/steak restaurant near the strip in Las Vegas?
- 12 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 13 Another apartment rental scam in NYC
- 14 Logan Express
- 15 Yet another question about which DC Metro pass to purchase
- 16 Search (for) Hotel suite using iPhone or laptop app?
- 17 Looking for inexpensive lodging near Dulles Airport
- 18 Cast Party at Birdland Monday nights
- 19 Hiking Questions --Many Glacier
- 20 One day in NYC
- 21 Chicago Architectural Tours
- 22 Columbus food !
- 23 Wildfire near Yosemite
- 24 Best ice cream in Charleston
- 25 Late night transportation PDX to downtown Portland?