My husband and I are planning a trip to California to drive part of the Pacific Coast Highway around the beginning of Sept. Our hope is to be there for 5-6 days. We will be flying in to San Francisco and plan to drive down to Caramel. We plan to spend time in Caramel and visit Big Sur/Hearst Castle. Would like input on other things to do in between there areas. Any suggestions for places to stay or visit would be appreciated. Would it be possible to visit some of the wine country (we aren't big drinkers but would like to see the scenery). Is there a way to see the Redwoods if we are in this area? Thanks for any information.
California/Pacific Coast Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 2 California & French Polynesia
- 3 Boston area -- nature
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 6 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 7 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 8 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 9 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 SFO black friday traffic
- 12 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 13 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 14 General Utah planning questions
- 15 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 16 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 17 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 18 Dining in Manhattan
- 19 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 20 American Honeymoon in March
- 21 How to dress in Vegas
- 22 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 25 St Patrick's renovations