My husband and I are planning a trip to California to drive part of the Pacific Coast Highway around the beginning of Sept. Our hope is to be there for 5-6 days. We will be flying in to San Francisco and plan to drive down to Caramel. We plan to spend time in Caramel and visit Big Sur/Hearst Castle. Would like input on other things to do in between there areas. Any suggestions for places to stay or visit would be appreciated. Would it be possible to visit some of the wine country (we aren't big drinkers but would like to see the scenery). Is there a way to see the Redwoods if we are in this area? Thanks for any information.
California/Pacific Coast Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 First family ski trip
- 3 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 6 Visiting Denver
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 13 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 A day in Dallas
- 16 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 17 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Door County Suggestions
- 20 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 21 February 2015 Florida getaway for couples
- 22 The island of Hawaii--half a trip report!!!
- 23 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 24 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?