My husband and I are planning a trip to California to drive part of the Pacific Coast Highway around the beginning of Sept. Our hope is to be there for 5-6 days. We will be flying in to San Francisco and plan to drive down to Caramel. We plan to spend time in Caramel and visit Big Sur/Hearst Castle. Would like input on other things to do in between there areas. Any suggestions for places to stay or visit would be appreciated. Would it be possible to visit some of the wine country (we aren't big drinkers but would like to see the scenery). Is there a way to see the Redwoods if we are in this area? Thanks for any information.
California/Pacific Coast Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 2 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 3 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 4 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 5 Ackislander
- 6 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 7 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 8 Cross Country RV Trip
- 9 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 10 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 11 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 12 New England September
- 13 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 14 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 15 California
- 16 Trip to Memphis and Nashville
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?
- 19 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 20 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 21 Miami Marlins
- 22 Florida or caribbean
- 23 Where should a coffee drinker worship in NYC?
- 24 Northern California in February
- 25 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side