My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 My Joyful Testimony
- 2 BUSSINESS SPONSORSHIP
- 3 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 4 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 5 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 6 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 7 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 8 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 9 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 10 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 11 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 12 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 13 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 14 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 15 Relocating to the Deep South
- 16 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 17 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 18 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 19 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 south west family trip itinerary
- 22 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 24 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 25 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving