My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 2 what western states to spend the most time in
- 3 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 4 Hawaii - where?
- 5 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 6 Little Compton, RI
- 7 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 8 Request Driving tips from Zion NP, UT to San Francisco?
- 9 Moab UT Accommendations
- 10 A week in NYC - first timers
- 11 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 12 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 13 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 14 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 15 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 16 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 17 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 18 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 19 Retiring in Florida
- 20 Help with first time
- 21 NJ to Florida drive
- 22 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 23 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 24 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 25 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town