My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 2 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 3 US Trip
- 4 Grand Canyon, Zion maybe Antalope Canyon in 2 days
- 5 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 6 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 7 Gulf Coast Florida Keys Road Trip!
- 8 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 9 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 10 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 11 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 12 Baltimore to Philadelphia
- 13 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 14 Bryce and Zion planning
- 15 Country Walkers
- 16 Dress Code - Grand Hotel - Mackinac Island
- 17 New Mexico & Arizona travel itiniary
- 18 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 19 NOLA, San Diego, Denver, Austin/San Antonio, Nashville?
- 20 Places to stay in Skagway
- 21 Hilo to Kona
- 22 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 23 Maui - luau question
- 24 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 25 Alaska Road Trip in 9 days with a toddler: Trip Report