My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 Colorado Shows Off
- 4 help me plan a Cali trip
- 5 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 6 10-hour MIA layover ideas?
- 7 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 8 Trip to San Francisco in Dec 2017
- 9 Wilmington DE questions
- 10 San Francisco to Seattle in a day (fires in Oregon)
- 11 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 12 Kauai: First Trip Help Please
- 13 Inexpensive Restaurants Near Canyonlands and Capitol Reef?
- 14 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 15 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 16 NYC 9/11 Tour - best options?
- 17 Muir Woods in October
- 18 Dining after show at Sondheim Theatre
- 19 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 20 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 21 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 22 Mesa Verde question
- 23 Planning our Move
- 24 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?