My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HAWAII; HELP!
- 2 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 3 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 4 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 5 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 6 Coffee in Boston?
- 7 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 8 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 9 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 10 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 11 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 12 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 13 Change planes in Atlanta
- 14 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 15 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 16 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 17 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 19 Florida beach vacation
- 20 Trip to USA in July
- 21 Beaches in Incline Village
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 23 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 24 Key West luxury hotels
- 25 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii