My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 4 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 5 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 6 Tipping advice
- 7 charleston during Christmas Week
- 8 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 9 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 10 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 11 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 14 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 15 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 16 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 17 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 18 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 21 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 22 Key West Hotel in January
- 23 los angeles restaurants
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 2 or 3 nights in Hana