My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 2 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 3 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 4 Dining in St. Louis
- 5 AR State Parks
- 6 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 7 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 8 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 9 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 10 Help me with this
- 11 NYC For The Day
- 12 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 13 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 14 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 15 JFK Terminal 8
- 16 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 17 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 18 California Trip
- 19 Atlanta With Toddler
- 20 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 21 Washington DC in July - hotel, and what items to book now
- 22 Atlanta airport to Marietta, GA traffic
- 23 Tohono Chul Tucson?
- 24 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 25 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake