My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 2 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 3 Alaskan cruise excursions
- 4 Cape cod Labor Day
- 5 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 6 Whale watching in Bar Harbor Maine
- 7 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 8 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 9 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 10 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 11 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 12 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 15 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 16 US Open Tennis
- 17 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 18 Hotels in San Diego
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 21 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 22 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 23 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 24 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 25 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt