My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 TOWING SCAM IN WASHINGTON, DC
- 2 New Mexico - Where Would You Go?
- 3 can you help me plan a trip?
- 4 Seattle - newby questions
- 5 How to Get Gift Through Subscripton Box?
- 6 SEATTLE / BALLARD – mini TR about a great wedding visit
- 7 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 8 Washington DC - where to stay & commute
- 9 suggestions for restaurants/ breweries/wineries- Northern coast
- 10 Restaurants Chicago June
- 11 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 12 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 13 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 14 tip for valet parking
- 15 New Orleans
- 16 California: Getty museum
- 17 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 18 Family friendly weekend get away not far from Chicago
- 19 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 20 NYC hotel/July
- 21 Alaska Marine highway - worth the 2 day trip?
- 22 Fun Home now on Broadway
- 23 Last Minute help needed! Santa Cruz? Capitola? San Jose? Los Gatos?
- 24 Grand Circle Road Trip with Older Parents
- 25 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?