My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 2 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 3 Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Bend
- 4 Best Places to Start Backpacking
- 5 College Tour: Harvard, MIT, and Yale
- 6 a tourist in DC this February
- 7 Springtime in Florida
- 8 Kings and Sequoia.
- 9 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 10 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 11 Camping in Yellowstone? Good idea for a family?
- 12 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 13 Drive from Denver to Yellowstone in 1 day?
- 14 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 15 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 16 Camping in New England foliage Oct 8-19
- 17 USA October 2016
- 18 Yellowstone or Yosemite in August?
- 19 Redwood National Forest
- 20 Asheville+Charleston+Savannah
- 21 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 22 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 23 Uber and Miami
- 24 Renting a car in miami, fl
- 25 Help formulate itinerary for Florida keys