My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 2 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 3 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 4 Seattle?
- 5 November redwoods trip
- 6 Night in Los Cruces or Truth or Consequences
- 7 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 8 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 costco Big island
- 11 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 12 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 13 Chicago marathon - Leaving hotel to MDW
- 14 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Wedding gifts?
- 17 Sacramento GTG Sat Aug 27th
- 18 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 19 Where to Stay Northern New Mexico in November
- 20 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 21 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 22 Layover
- 23 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 24 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 25 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing