My husband and I (late 40's) are planning a 2-wk trip to California/Az in early September. We land in San Francisco and depart from Phoenix. So far, we only booked our hotel in Francisco (King George) for 6 nites. We pretty much have our itinerary in San Francisco figured out , tours to Nappa, Alcatraz etc...). We then want to drive down the coast and visit such cities as Monterey, Carmel, Santa Barbara and on to L.A., Palm Springs/Johua Tree and finally Scottsdale,Sodona/Phoenix. A few people have suggested San Diego instead of Palm Springs. I'm thinking we won't have enough time. Should we cut down on San Francisco and add on San Diego? Is 1 nite in L.A. enough? We don't mind fast paced vacations, but appreciate some slow paced as well. All your suggestions would be a great help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 2 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 3 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 4 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 5 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 6 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 7 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 8 Arizona in late January
- 9 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 12 A Few Days in Asheville
- 13 DC restaurant report
- 14 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 15 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 16 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 17 Key West
- 18 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 19 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 20 moving to Florida
- 21 Neue Galerie
- 22 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 23 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 24 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 25 national park during thanksgiving