We are going to California and will be visiting L.A. Looking for a hotel and considering one on Santa Monica Boulevard (Azul Inn West Los Angeles). We have heard that this street and parts of the city are not safe for tourists - is this true and is it better to pay more for a hotel elsewhere in L.A (and if so any recommendations that are not extremely expensive? Budget is $190 max or ideally under, but would pay more if necessary). Thanks for the help with this.
California trip - Is Santa Monica Boulevard in L.A. safe?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 2 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 3 Tipping advice
- 4 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 5 NW Houston restaurant help
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 8 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 9 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 10 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 11 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 12 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 13 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 14 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 15 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 16 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 17 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 18 charleston during Christmas Week
- 19 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 20 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 21 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 22 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 23 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation