I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 2 New Orleans with kids - advice and suggestions, please
- 3 5 Day East Coast Road Trip
- 4 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 5 Wells / Ogunquit ME Getaway Weekend
- 6 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 7 Chicago - Midway airport to downtown
- 8 Fall color yet?
- 9 St Augustine Hotels, what area?
- 10 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 11 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 12 My Book of Mormon review
- 13 4-5 days in L.A.-Need suggestions
- 14 Colorado aspen updates
- 15 FIRST TIME ARIZONA WITH KIDS! HELP PLEASE!
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Car service from Oakland airport to city
- 18 Last Minute Trip to Asheville
- 19 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 20 Arches National Park in a day
- 21 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 22 JFK Airport
- 23 Things I Missed Seeing in Tennessee
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 New England road trip Oct. 8-14