I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 2 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 3 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 4 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 5 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 6 SF to DR? WTH!
- 7 Kennebunkport and....?
- 8 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 9 NYC Itinerary Help
- 10 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 11 WISCONSIN
- 12 rain in Kauai
- 13 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 14 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 15 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 16 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 17 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 18 Jersey City Parking
- 19 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 20 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 21 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 22 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 23 Washington, DC to Boston
- 24 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 25 Where to go in Maine?