I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 4 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Alaska
- 7 San Diego grocery stores
- 8 San Diego parks and attractions
- 9 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 10 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 11 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 12 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 15 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 19 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 20 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 21 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 22 Visiting Denver
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 25 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?