I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 1 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 2 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 3 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 4 hotel near Met NYC
- 5 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 6 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 7 Princeville in January
- 8 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 9 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 RIP Judy Rogers
- 12 pa to az
- 13 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 14 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 15 Savanah Sojourn
- 16 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 17 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 18 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 19 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 Yountville or Napa in February??