I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Redwood National Forest
- 2 Jazz Fest shuttle buses
- 3 Grand Circle Road Trip
- 4 Grand Canyon Helicopter Ride
- 5 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 6 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 7 3/31-5/29 New Tracy Letts Play!
- 8 Room With Balcony and Ocean View: $250-$300
- 9 Uber and Miami
- 10 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 11 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 12 Itinary for Maui - help please
- 13 Las Vegas loop
- 14 Need Recommendations on Best San Francisco Limousine Service!
- 15 Cape Cod
- 16 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 17 camping in the Finger Lakes region
- 18 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 19 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 20 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 21 Which hotel in Washington, D.C.?
- 22 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 23 Biltmore Estate - Asheville, NC
- 24 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 25 Driving from Chicago to Miami, first time.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)