I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 2 moving to florida
- 3 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 4 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 5 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 6 drive from SF to crater lake
- 7 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 8 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 9 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 10 Hotel near Miami airport
- 11 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 12 Santa Barbara, California
- 13 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 14 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 15 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 16 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 17 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 18 culpepper
- 19 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 20 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 23 Pub with food in Seattle
- 24 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 25 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs