I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ॐ वशीकरण [[+91-9928877399]] ब्लैक मैजिक BLACK MAGIC बाबा जी
- 2 Kids Vacation Place
- 3 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 4 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 5 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 6 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 7 Boston waterfront Italian
- 8 Napa valley getaway
- 9 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 10 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 11 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 12 Day in Spokane
- 13 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 14 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 15 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 16 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 17 Desert Southwest
- 18 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 19 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 20 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
- 21 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 22 Zion and Bryce in July
- 23 East United State - what do you reccomend ?
- 24 First time, Best business class?
- 25 What to pack
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)