I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Is Canada as expensive as Europe if I don't turn my iPhone off?
- 2 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 3 Tucson area flooding
- 4 Hotel recommendations for Western Oregon
- 5 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 6 Refining my California Itinerary
- 7 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 8 Oregon Road Trip
- 9 Arizona / Utah Itinerary
- 10 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 11 Getaway
- 12 Fall week in Massachusetts
- 13 Moving to New Jersey
- 14 I am planning a trip looking for must see tips
- 15 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 16 First trip to Seattle, WA - what should my "musts" be?
- 17 Las Vegas to San Francisco in October - best route
- 18 Portland Or is a foodie scene
- 19 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 20 St. Simon, Georgia
- 21 Georgetown Washington DC Historic row houses along C&O Canal?
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 4 week family trip ideas
- 24 Christmas in TX
- 25 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old