I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 2 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 3 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 4 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 5 NYC with wheelchair
- 6 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 7 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 8 Frustrated with VRBO owners
- 9 Biloxi Suggestions
- 10 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 11 Pacific beach to la jolla cove and shores
- 12 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 13 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 14 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 15 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 16 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 17 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 18 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 19 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 20 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 21 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 22 New Orleans music
- 23 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 24 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 25 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)