I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 3 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 4 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 5 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 6 Back from the Big Easy
- 7 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 8 Cross country tips
- 9 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 10 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 11 Ideas for New York
- 12 Parka in PA during February?
- 13 Restaurants in the San Francisco area
- 14 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 15 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 16 Driving Alaska
- 17 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 20 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 21 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 22 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 23 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 24 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 25 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)