I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Charleston and Asheville
- 2 Maui and the Big Island - Activities for each island
- 3 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 4 trip to Acadia National Park
- 5 Visa, Greencard advice
- 6 Anyone received an email confirming a change in reservation...
- 7 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 8 3 days in Houston area ?????
- 9 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 10 march anniversary trip
- 11 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 12 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 13 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 14 cruise to Alaska including Denali
- 15 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 16 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 17 September southwest utah
- 18 Advice on San Francisco itinerary please!
- 19 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 20 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 21 San Diego
- 22 Connecting at MSP
- 23 Road Trip From Miami to New York, Ideas please!
- 24 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 25 Good base for exploring Sonoma Valley?
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)