I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retiring to Colorado
- 2 Best MGM owned hotel on the Las Vegas Strip?
- 3 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 4 On the Road: from Texas to Georgia. questions about NC
- 5 Warning About Dollar Rent a Car in Lower Manhattan
- 6 Best route in winter from Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 7 Best quality lodging Solitude Utah
- 8 suggestions needed for gulfport/biloxi/mobile/pensacola areas
- 9 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 10 Casino Del Sol Resort Tucson
- 11 Los Angeles one night only mid week
- 12 My CA itinerary
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Charleston and Asheville
- 15 6 days in Boston with kids - a lovely family vacation
- 16 Xmas in new york
- 17 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 18 Ft Lauderdale Hotels on the beach with Balconies
- 19 Washington D.C. with a 5 year old!
- 20 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 21 Dallas or Atlanta in January??
- 22 Nashville 2016
- 23 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 24 Thanksgiving in New Orleans and Tulane Visit
- 25 sunday night getaway between sandiego and los angles
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)