I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 2 Places to stay in TX...?
- 3 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 4 driving from LA to Portland
- 5 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 6 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 7 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 8 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 9 Parking fine
- 10 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 11 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 12 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 13 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 14 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 15 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 16 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 17 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 18 Pittsburgh Trip
- 19 11 days SE coast road trip
- 20 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 21 Considering moving to Florida... any opinions?
- 22 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 23 Road trip from and back to New York
- 24 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 25 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)