I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First Security Services
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 United Nations tours
- 4 NYC with 8 yr old
- 5 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 6 Things to do off I81 through VA?
- 7 Relocating?
- 8 stopping off I 81 South
- 9 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 10 Advice on tipping
- 11 Best stays in Jackson hole/tetons
- 12 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 13 Virginia Beach/ Before or After Labor Day?
- 14 September Road Trip in New England
- 15 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
- 16 Road trip October
- 17 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 18 2 months in Hawaii!
- 19 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 20 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 21 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 22 Mosser Hotel in San Francisco, CA
- 23 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 24 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 25 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)