I am looking to go to California this summer. Here is my current itinerary:
San Francisco - 3 nights
Napa Valley - 2 Nights
Carmel or Monterey - 2 Nights
Santa Barbara - 1 Night
Los Angeles - 1 Night
San Diego - 2 Nights
For Napa Valley - I can't figure out where is the best place to stay? We are wine lovers and heard Yountville might be the place to go... However, I also heard Calistoga and St. Helena is nice too. I just do not want to stay in downtown Napa. I want the rolling hills and wineries close by. Somewhere we can do biking would be nice too.
I am not sure whether I should stay in Monterey or Carmel.
We would like to do the 17 mile drive and Big Sur.
Any advice on my itinerary or places to stay would be appreciated. I have never done a trip like this before and we are going for our one year wedding anniversary at the end of August.
California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 2 Tallest and largest living Saguaros at Saguaro National Park
- 3 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 4 Montana- what are must see places?
- 5 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 6 Old Town Alexandria Restaurants?
- 7 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 8 California San Diego area lodging
- 9 Kauai Garden tours
- 10 North Conway, Jackson or where to stay in October
- 11 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 12 Stopover between Las Vegas and Yosemite
- 13 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 14 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 15 Hotel Consturction in NYC
- 16 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 17 Broadway show suggestions April 22 or 23
- 18 Advice on Roadtrip
- 19 Cabin in Northern Maine
- 20 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 21 Furnace Creek Inn or Ranch
- 22 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 23 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 24 from Moab to Bryce
- 25 Chicago to New England Road trip