Greeting Fodor's Friends:
My family, hubby, wifey, daughter 15 and daughter 11 will be Southern California in mid-June for several days. San Diego for 2 full days; Los Angeles for 4 full days (2 will be at DisneyLand); Santa Barbara OR San Luis Obispo for 2 full days. There is 1 "extra" day worked into this for flexibility.
We want to experience a variety of water activities, as well as activities unique to the area/culture. We do not have to do everything on this list...but...if we could...that would be nice. We want to do these things at the "best" place...ie most picturesque, best odds of actually seeing a whale and seals, etc. It would be great if we could combine our wish list (for example...see whales and seals and kayak all in one trip!!!). So...following that coastline (and even a bit north of Santa Barbara OR San Luis Obispo if necessary)...WHAT'S THE BEST PLACE TO : whale watch, see seals, take surfing lessons (maybe wind surf? too), guided kayak trip, tour a winery (kid friendly if that makes sense), see a mission, snorkel, and para sail.
We are booked to stay at Santa Barbara (Fess Parker Resort). BUT...would you suggest we drive a bit farther north...say to San Luis Obispo?
ALSO---is it unreasonable to try to make it to San Simeon to see Hearst Castle ASSUMING we stay in Santa Barbara?...or should we wait to do that when we vacation in Northern California (San Francisco-ish area)?
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS on what to do would be appreciated too. We do not go on vacation to rest...we go on vacation to DO and SEE and PLAY and TOUR and OBSERVE, etc. We like to squeeze every bit of life out of our vacation! So a full itinerary is fine!
THANKS in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 BK Electric Services
- 2 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 3 http://www.visit4supplements.com/nitro-boost-max/
- 4 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 5 October New England Honeymoon??
- 6 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 7 Denver to Yellowstone
- 8 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 9 hotel in NYC
- 10 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 11 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 12 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 13 Briefly, in WNY
- 14 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 15 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 16 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 17 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 18 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 19 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 20 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 21 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 22 Zion National Park
- 23 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 24 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 25 What to do in Asheville
CALIFORNIA - San Diego & Los Angeles & Santa Barbara OR San Luis Obispo
Greeting Fodor's Friends: