After extensive research and forum surfing, we have finalised our 14 day California road trip. We have tried to balance the driving with exploring. The dates and hotels are all all booked, but we would really appreciate any advice / recommendations for "must sees"
The details are:
26th September - Fly to SF
27th & 28th - Explore San Fransisco
29th - Drive to Monterrey on Highway 1 (Santa Cruz for lunch?)
30th - Explore Monterrey/Carmel
1st October - Drive to Pismo Beach on Cabrillo Highway
2nd and 3rd - Explore Pismo Beach area / Wine country / Beaches
4th - Fly to Las Vegas (we cheated here a bit to save a long and boring drive!)
5th & 6th - Explore Las Vegas (Grand Canyon?)
7th - Drive up through Death Valley to Furnace Creek
8th - Drive to Yosemite Lodge at the Falls
9th - Explore Yosemite (we have a Valley Floor Tour booked)
10th - Drive to SF for the flight home
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 2 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 3 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 4 Wedding gifts?
- 5 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 6 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 7 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 8 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 9 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 10 Seattle Ho
- 11 blue ridge parkway?
- 12 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 13 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 14 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 15 November redwoods trip
- 16 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 17 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 18 First Trip to New Mexico
- 19 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 20 Southern history- walkable cities
- 21 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 22 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 23 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY