After extensive research and forum surfing, we have finalised our 14 day California road trip. We have tried to balance the driving with exploring. The dates and hotels are all all booked, but we would really appreciate any advice / recommendations for "must sees"
The details are:
26th September - Fly to SF
27th & 28th - Explore San Fransisco
29th - Drive to Monterrey on Highway 1 (Santa Cruz for lunch?)
30th - Explore Monterrey/Carmel
1st October - Drive to Pismo Beach on Cabrillo Highway
2nd and 3rd - Explore Pismo Beach area / Wine country / Beaches
4th - Fly to Las Vegas (we cheated here a bit to save a long and boring drive!)
5th & 6th - Explore Las Vegas (Grand Canyon?)
7th - Drive up through Death Valley to Furnace Creek
8th - Drive to Yosemite Lodge at the Falls
9th - Explore Yosemite (we have a Valley Floor Tour booked)
10th - Drive to SF for the flight home
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 2 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 3 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 4 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 5 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 6 Miami
- 7 March in New Mexico
- 8 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 11 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 12 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 13 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 14 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 15 Driving Alaska
- 16 Back from the Big Easy
- 17 Border crossing
- 18 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 19 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 20 NYC Girls' Weekend Trip Report
- 21 Yellowstone Hikes questions
- 22 Flowers and Berries in Oregon
- 23 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 24 Cross country tips
- 25 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?