After extensive research and forum surfing, we have finalised our 14 day California road trip. We have tried to balance the driving with exploring. The dates and hotels are all all booked, but we would really appreciate any advice / recommendations for "must sees"
The details are:
26th September - Fly to SF
27th & 28th - Explore San Fransisco
29th - Drive to Monterrey on Highway 1 (Santa Cruz for lunch?)
30th - Explore Monterrey/Carmel
1st October - Drive to Pismo Beach on Cabrillo Highway
2nd and 3rd - Explore Pismo Beach area / Wine country / Beaches
4th - Fly to Las Vegas (we cheated here a bit to save a long and boring drive!)
5th & 6th - Explore Las Vegas (Grand Canyon?)
7th - Drive up through Death Valley to Furnace Creek
8th - Drive to Yosemite Lodge at the Falls
9th - Explore Yosemite (we have a Valley Floor Tour booked)
10th - Drive to SF for the flight home
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moab UT Accommendations
- 2 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 3 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 4 A week in NYC - first timers
- 5 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 6 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
- 7 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 8 Hawaii - where?
- 9 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 10 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 11 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 12 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 13 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 14 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 15 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 16 Retiring in Florida
- 17 Help with first time
- 18 NJ to Florida drive
- 19 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 20 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 21 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 22 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 23 San Diego to San Fransisco
- 24 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 25 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?