After extensive research and forum surfing, we have finalised our 14 day California road trip. We have tried to balance the driving with exploring. The dates and hotels are all all booked, but we would really appreciate any advice / recommendations for "must sees"
The details are:
26th September - Fly to SF
27th & 28th - Explore San Fransisco
29th - Drive to Monterrey on Highway 1 (Santa Cruz for lunch?)
30th - Explore Monterrey/Carmel
1st October - Drive to Pismo Beach on Cabrillo Highway
2nd and 3rd - Explore Pismo Beach area / Wine country / Beaches
4th - Fly to Las Vegas (we cheated here a bit to save a long and boring drive!)
5th & 6th - Explore Las Vegas (Grand Canyon?)
7th - Drive up through Death Valley to Furnace Creek
8th - Drive to Yosemite Lodge at the Falls
9th - Explore Yosemite (we have a Valley Floor Tour booked)
10th - Drive to SF for the flight home
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 2 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 3 Retiring to Tucson
- 4 10 days vacation in California
- 5 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 6 Amtrak prices go up and down?
- 7 Summer Vacation Ideas
- 8 Naples Hotel and Everglades
- 9 Alabama vacation "shark teeth fossils"
- 10 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 11 Grand Canyon solo - advisable?
- 12 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 13 Utah National Parks visit
- 14 Renting an RV to Tour NM
- 15 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 16 Pet Friendly accommodations midway
- 17 Help Please - NYC Questions and Plans
- 18 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 19 Favorite lodging near Acadia NP? Maine in October?
- 20 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 21 Hotel in Reno
- 22 winter resort offering snowshoeing dog sledding & boat trip
- 23 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 24 Looking for informaation on Joshua Tree
- 25 A nice restuarnt in Charlottesville, VA for bridesmaids luncheon?