After extensive research and forum surfing, we have finalised our 14 day California road trip. We have tried to balance the driving with exploring. The dates and hotels are all all booked, but we would really appreciate any advice / recommendations for "must sees"
The details are:
26th September - Fly to SF
27th & 28th - Explore San Fransisco
29th - Drive to Monterrey on Highway 1 (Santa Cruz for lunch?)
30th - Explore Monterrey/Carmel
1st October - Drive to Pismo Beach on Cabrillo Highway
2nd and 3rd - Explore Pismo Beach area / Wine country / Beaches
4th - Fly to Las Vegas (we cheated here a bit to save a long and boring drive!)
5th & 6th - Explore Las Vegas (Grand Canyon?)
7th - Drive up through Death Valley to Furnace Creek
8th - Drive to Yosemite Lodge at the Falls
9th - Explore Yosemite (we have a Valley Floor Tour booked)
10th - Drive to SF for the flight home
Many thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 2 New Itinerary
- 3 Las vegas and nearby
- 4 Cape Cod trip report
- 5 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 6 Napa & Sonoma - Winery Suggestions
- 7 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 8 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 9 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 10 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 11 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 12 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 13 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 14 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 15 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 16 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 17 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 18 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 19 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 20 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 21 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 22 Orlando area weather in June
- 23 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 24 Help with Northwest Trip
- 25 Driving from San Fran to Seattle