My boyfriend and I are planning a US road trip and we are having trouble figuring out a route through California.
This trip is part of a 6 month USA trip so time at this stage isn’t a worry.
Our easy targets are San Diego – LA – Monterey – San Francisco – Mendocino – Redwoods National Park following the coast (Highway 1). We plan to end in Oregon.
But we are stuck on how best to fit in; Yosemite, Kings Canyon/Sequoia, Death Valley, Sierra Nevada Highlights, Joshua Tree and Palm Springs. What is the best route to take to see all of these places or any suggestions along the way?
Big drives don’t worry us too much and when we are not in major cities where we focus on food and culture, we are more interested in nature/hiking and historic towns.
We will be in a van and probably be in the area June-ish so I imagine Death Valley will be blistering so we won’t want to spend too much time there.
I know this is very open but does anyone have any suggestions? Our approach at this stage will either be from Phoenix or Las Vegas.
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementsmore.com/alpha-testo-max/
- 2 Bar Harbor, Maine
- 3 brosway charms significato operatori come acquirenti ritengono
- 4 Airbnb and Santa Fe/Where to Stay
- 5 Staten Island, Statue of LIberty
- 6 911 Museum
- 7 Need advice for a 3 days trip to Sedona then Grand Canyon
- 8 hotel in NYC
- 9 5 Days near Denver
- 10 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 11 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 12 train from NYC to Philadelphia
- 13 Kaihalulu Beach/Red Sand Beach - Maui, Hawaii
- 14 yeah or nay grand canyon in dec/jan
- 15 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 16 TSA Security Question
- 17 Utah too much crammed into 9 days, help please
- 18 3 day wine detour through the Willamette Valley
- 19 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 20 Austin TX restaurants
- 21 Zion, Bryce, South/North Rim, Page
- 22 Denver to Mesa Verde National Park
- 23 Hotel in Austin
- 24 California: San Fran to San Diego
- 25 New York on the Super Cheap, May 2017