My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 testimony
- 2 Fodor's Survey
- 3 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 4 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 5 3 day road trip from Las Vegas -Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Zion
- 6 TIPS - Pacific Coast Highway
- 7 California trip: Where to go after San Francisco?
- 8 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 9 Kauai for a group over New Years
- 10 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 11 Northern California Redwoods
- 12 Seaside, California
- 13 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 14 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 15 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 16 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 17 Denali
- 18 JFK Terminal 8
- 19 Off-season use of a car on Zion Scenic Drive
- 20 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 21 Maine in May?
- 22 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 23 Dinner Cruise down San Antonio River?
- 24 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 25 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran