My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 2 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 3 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 4 Charleston Hotel Question
- 5 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 6 Transfers from Newark airport hotels to New York cruise terminal
- 7 Vasectomy Procedure Beverly Hills
- 8 New Hampshire
- 9 New Orleans on Easter Sunday - parade and church?
- 10 Pittsburgh to New York City
- 11 Driving to Naples fl
- 12 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 13 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 14 Downtown Chicago
- 15 Safe travel route from Medford, Oregon to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 16 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 17 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 18 Lines for Shakespeare in the park tickets
- 19 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 20 Must Sees in San Francisco
- 21 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 22 Nashville Questions
- 23 Summer vacation
- 24 First Trip to Texas -
- 25 Resort/Hotel near Port Canaveral
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran