My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 3 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 4 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 5 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 8 Easiest US airports to get to/from with public transportation
- 9 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 10 Major League Soccer clubs, what should FC Dallas do?
- 11 Mesa Verde
- 12 Seattle Hyatts
- 13 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 14 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 15 5 days and 4 nights outside of San Francisco
- 16 California road trip
- 17 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 20 San Diego - wher to stay
- 21 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 22 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 23 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 24 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 25 Berkshires in late October