My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 2 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 3 blue ridge parkway?
- 4 Sequoia/Redwoods Large Group Lodging
- 5 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 6 Esta "Not Authorized to Travel"
- 7 Wedding gifts?
- 8 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 9 Trip to Vegas/GC/LA - need advice pleasd
- 10 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 11 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 12 NYC lodging help needed for Oct 12-15
- 13 Seattle Ho
- 14 Making the Most of a few days in Silicon Valley
- 15 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 16 November redwoods trip
- 17 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 18 Hamilton - Are There Bad Seats at the Rodgers?
- 19 First Trip to New Mexico
- 20 Springfield, Illinois and no car. Worth a slight detour?
- 21 Southern history- walkable cities
- 22 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 23 Where to stop for the night along the Oregon coast?
- 24 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran