My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 40th birthday in (COLD) Chicago!
- 2 trip to Acadia National Park
- 3 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 4 Charleston and Asheville
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 Maui and the Big Island - Activities for each island
- 7 3 days in Houston area ?????
- 8 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 9 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 10 Wildlife viewing in the US South West
- 11 Anyone received an email confirming a change in reservation...
- 12 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 13 Visa, Greencard advice
- 14 Suggestions for drive from Seattle to LA via Oregon Idaho and utah
- 15 march anniversary trip
- 16 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 17 cruise to Alaska including Denali
- 18 NYC Fringe Festival Aug 14-20, 2015
- 19 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 20 September southwest utah
- 21 Advice on San Francisco itinerary please!
- 22 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 23 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Connecting at MSP
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran