My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
- 1 Princeville in January
- 2 hotel near Met NYC
- 3 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 4 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 RIP Judy Rogers
- 7 pa to az
- 8 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 9 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 10 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 13 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 14 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 15 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 16 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 17 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 18 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 21 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 22 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 23 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 24 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 25 Yountville or Napa in February??