My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 2 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 3 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 4 Jazzfest side trips
- 5 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 6 March in New Mexico
- 7 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 8 No Spam this morning!!
- 9 San Francisco transit options
- 10 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 11 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 12 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 13 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 14 Ideas for New York
- 15 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 16 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 17 IAH to HOU Questions
- 18 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 19 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 20 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 21 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 22 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 23 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 24 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 25 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran