My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 2 Denver and Beyond for 6 Days -- What to do?
- 3 Bagels in Mid-town East
- 4 Southwest US vacation help
- 5 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 6 Advice Albuquerque, Taos,Santa fe
- 7 Need itinerary suggestions for coastal ME trip mid October
- 8 New Mexico, Arizona, Utah vacation help
- 9 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 10 Inviting all friends to get “Hawaii fix” on September 5, Saturday
- 11 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 12 Things to do in La Jolla
- 13 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 14 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 15 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 16 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 17 Lake Powell
- 18 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 19 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 20 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 21 Mississippi gulf coast
- 22 Another Yellowstone Lodging question
- 23 Toronto to gettysburg route question?
- 24 Driving from Boston to Miami
- 25 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran