My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 help from a true New Yorker.
- 2 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 3 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 4 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 5 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 6 Safety Concerns
- 7 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 8 Trip to northern California
- 9 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 10 First Trip to Texas -
- 11 5 days in Colorado
- 12 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 13 Washington DC with kids
- 14 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 15 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 16 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 17 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 18 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 19 Sedona for a Month
- 20 Alaska with Tauck on Princess Ship in June
- 21 Alaska -public transport
- 22 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 23 New England fall foilage trip planning please
- 24 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 25 Southwest road trip
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran