My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape cod and Acadia
- 2 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 3 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 4 Grand Marais?
- 5 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 6 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 7 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 8 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 9 Barrow Alaska
- 10 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 11 Salt Lake City
- 12 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 13 Park City Utah
- 14 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 15 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 16 Maine in latter half of September
- 17 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 18 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 19 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 20 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 21 Colorado trip
- 22 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux
- 23 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 24 Dining in Carmel - midweek but special occasion?
- 25 Phoenix/Tucson Airport Shuttles