My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Las vegas to Kingston, NY - 7/8 days- June 4th
- 2 New Orleans/long weekend in September
- 3 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 4 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 5 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 6 Memphis to New Orleans Trip
- 7 San Francisco accommodation suggestions for November
- 8 New York Pass Yes or No ???
- 9 San Francisco & West Hollywood restaurants
- 10 Retiring in Florida
- 11 Help with first time
- 12 NJ to Florida drive
- 13 Hawaii - where?
- 14 Maine/Vermont/Quebec vs. Costa Rica?
- 15 Rapid City Accommodation - 1st timer - looking for up to date suggestions
- 16 Best route from Battle Creek, MI to Bar Harbor, ME
- 17 Restaurant recommendations...Chelsea Market, Korea Town
- 18 San Diego to San Fransisco
- 19 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 20 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 21 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 22 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 23 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 24 Austin, TX to Seattle. Road trip with two dogs
- 25 Trail Ridge Probably Not Open
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran