My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 bachelors degree
- 2 Hang out, Low Key, Getaway Area?
- 3 Has anyone been to Li'l Dizzy's in the Treme?
- 4 How the fairytale of New York can become a nightmare
- 5 First Time RVing - Is my itinerary on overkill for 10 day trip?
- 6 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 7 Has anyone been getting ads for handguns/holsters?
- 8 San Diego One Day Itinerary
- 9 Getting to Key West
- 10 Is Coral Gables or Miami a shorter distance to the Everglades?
- 11 historic small western towns - with shopping district, dino digs??
- 12 West Maui Restaurants
- 13 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 14 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 15 New Orleans Motel Question
- 16 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 17 San Francisco Italian Restaurant for 14
- 18 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 19 Indoor Waterpark in Wisconsin Dells ?
- 20 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 21 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 22 Best non-tourist trap restaurants in South Beach
- 23 Happy Hour
- 24 Wisconsin Dells, Lake Geneva or Door county for a family vacation?
- 25 road trip Houston-NJ