My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 2 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 3 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 4 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 5 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 6 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 7 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 8 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 9 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 10 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 11 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 12 Seattle: Something Different?
- 13 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 14 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 15 Back from Miami Beach
- 16 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay
- 17 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 18 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 19 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 20 One Night in Dallas
- 21 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 22 Current status of Tappan Zee Bridge - summer 2014?
- 23 San Diego - wher to stay
- 24 Seattle Needing some help please
- 25 My 21st Birthday in Chicago