My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 2 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 3 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 4 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 5 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 6 Canon beach lodging
- 7 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 8 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 9 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 10 FLA testing the waters
- 11 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 12 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 13 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 14 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 15 A week in NYC - first timers
- 16 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 17 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 18 Boston restaurants
- 19 Itinerary Critique
- 20 Tucson in February
- 21 Lets each do a post
- 22 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 23 Help with visit for a month!!
- 24 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 25 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran