My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 2 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 3 US whole month of January where to
- 4 Miami airport--safety??
- 5 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 6 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 7 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 8 Things to do in Toronto
- 9 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 10 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 11 Hawaiian Honeymoon - Hotel Advice
- 12 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 13 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 14 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 15 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 16 Dinosaur National Monument
- 17 NYC THEATRE DISTRICT...new restaurant
- 18 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 19 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 20 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 21 Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Pensacola Beach
- 22 Maui - luau question
- 23 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 24 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 25 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran