My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Moving from VA to CT
- 3 New Orleans pictures
- 4 New York City in April
- 5 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 6 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 7 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 8 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 9 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 10 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 11 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas
- 12 Boston in winter?
- 13 Boston Trip to BU from Chicago (and reply to advice)
- 14 Thanksgiving in Manhattan
- 15 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 18 Big Bend National Park - 3 days January itinerary?
- 19 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 20 Dining in Manhattan
- 21 Fastest and Safest (least snow) X-Country Route from Lake Tahoe to NC?
- 22 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 23 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 24 Sunnen Lake, MO
- 25 san fran sightseeing