My family and I have 3 nights to do a trip since we all work. My cousins family will be traveling with us in a van. We are 5 energetic girls age ranging from 19-27 and 4 parents.
We were planning on driving from LA thursday morning in June taking the 101 to Big Sur then doing the beatuiful Big Sur road having lunch there stopping at Point Lobos and few other gorgeous spots.. (this is all Thursday) then making our way to Carmel or Monterey for the night.. sleeping there .. waking up Friday enjoying a few hours there doing the 17 mile road .. and then driving to San Fran.. doing San fran friday night saturday and saturday night and driving back on Sunday.. the girls aka me and my cousins loved this idea.. the parents thing we should just do 3 nights in Monterey or Carmel and do day trips so we are not so rushed.. I just dont think theres enough things for us to do and we will get bored.. SUGGESTIONS Please.. and if so .. do you have any places we could stay.. My dad needs a nice hotel .. in big sur we looked up the post ranch inn and ventana but those were both $700 a night.. our price range is $280-$350 a night .. it seems like Monterey had the most hotels . Anything in Big Sur or Carmel.. bed and breakfasts.. any suggestions would be so helpful!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod or no?
- 2 Colorado Itinerary
- 3 Barrymore vs Triple George Grill
- 4 B&B recommendation in Carmel
- 5 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 6 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 7 Dogs in Taos
- 8 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 9 San Antonio, Texas
- 10 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 11 Wyoming and Dakotas National Parks
- 12 Grand Hyatt Kauai-Why Not?
- 13 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 14 Advice for So. CAL travel with 2 teen boys 13 & 15
- 15 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 16 Parking in Naples Florida
- 17 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 18 Boston Airport Hotels
- 19 Nashville Never Been
- 20 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 21 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 22 Uber boston
- 23 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 24 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 25 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
California Road trip From Los Angles to Carmel/Monterey and maybe San Fran