We are planning to take a trip out to San Francisco last week of August with our son's 16 and 23. We will be spending a few days in the city and surrounding area. We've been there a few times and we've also been to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Big Sur, Hearst Castle which we all loved!! We have never been up North with the exception of Mendocino for a day and of course Napa and Sonoma.
Could anyone out there familiar with the area North of Sonoma give us some advice on some great places to explore? We love nature and day hiking and beautiful sights. We would like to take about 4-5 days somewhere and maybe base and then move around a bit for day trips out. Things that look interesting are Lassen Ntl Park and Burney Falls. Just wondering what a good route or loop would be and possibly stopping in Healdsburg area either on the way up or back to San Fran. Woudl it be too much to try to go to sections of the North Coast as well? We also don't mind changing areas and splitting the days. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on some great things to see that we shouldn't miss? Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 2 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 3 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 4 Alaska independent tour for group
- 5 Hamilton Broadway
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 8 Florida Beach Hotel
- 9 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 10 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 11 Washington DC with kids
- 12 My road trip through southern US.
- 13 Late night eating in Kauai
- 14 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 15 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 16 Florida Nature Trip
- 17 help from a true New Yorker.
- 18 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 19 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?