We are planning to take a trip out to San Francisco last week of August with our son's 16 and 23. We will be spending a few days in the city and surrounding area. We've been there a few times and we've also been to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Big Sur, Hearst Castle which we all loved!! We have never been up North with the exception of Mendocino for a day and of course Napa and Sonoma.
Could anyone out there familiar with the area North of Sonoma give us some advice on some great places to explore? We love nature and day hiking and beautiful sights. We would like to take about 4-5 days somewhere and maybe base and then move around a bit for day trips out. Things that look interesting are Lassen Ntl Park and Burney Falls. Just wondering what a good route or loop would be and possibly stopping in Healdsburg area either on the way up or back to San Fran. Woudl it be too much to try to go to sections of the North Coast as well? We also don't mind changing areas and splitting the days. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on some great things to see that we shouldn't miss? Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newhealthsupplement.com/muscle-science/
- 2 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 3 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?
- 4 Unforgettable Excursion Company
- 5 Bringin Wine in by car from Mexico
- 6 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 7 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 8 Dallas, Austin, Waco in February
- 9 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 10 Seafood restaurant in San Francisco - recommendations
- 11 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 12 Staying outside DC
- 13 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 14 7 Day Photography Road trip from Vegas to Denver during Christmas
- 15 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 16 New Years In Asheville with Nature and Beer on the side!
- 17 Ideas for New York
- 18 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 19 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 20 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 21 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 22 Road trip
- 23 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 24 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 25 Getting married to a French man