We are planning to take a trip out to San Francisco last week of August with our son's 16 and 23. We will be spending a few days in the city and surrounding area. We've been there a few times and we've also been to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Big Sur, Hearst Castle which we all loved!! We have never been up North with the exception of Mendocino for a day and of course Napa and Sonoma.
Could anyone out there familiar with the area North of Sonoma give us some advice on some great places to explore? We love nature and day hiking and beautiful sights. We would like to take about 4-5 days somewhere and maybe base and then move around a bit for day trips out. Things that look interesting are Lassen Ntl Park and Burney Falls. Just wondering what a good route or loop would be and possibly stopping in Healdsburg area either on the way up or back to San Fran. Woudl it be too much to try to go to sections of the North Coast as well? We also don't mind changing areas and splitting the days. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on some great things to see that we shouldn't miss? Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 @@@ 1800-927-2480 QuickBooks Desktop Service Number
- 2 Best options for viewing, learning about lava flows on Big Island?
- 3 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 4 Road Trip Travel Advice - 2 Days or 3?
- 5 Planning our Move
- 6 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 7 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 10 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 11 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 12 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 13 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 14 Hotel advise Chicago
- 15 Maui and Kauai
- 16 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 17 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 18 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 19 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 20 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 21 Trip to Cali
- 22 NYC Hotel Decision
- 23 NFL tickets
- 24 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 25 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR