We are planning to take a trip out to San Francisco last week of August with our son's 16 and 23. We will be spending a few days in the city and surrounding area. We've been there a few times and we've also been to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Big Sur, Hearst Castle which we all loved!! We have never been up North with the exception of Mendocino for a day and of course Napa and Sonoma.
Could anyone out there familiar with the area North of Sonoma give us some advice on some great places to explore? We love nature and day hiking and beautiful sights. We would like to take about 4-5 days somewhere and maybe base and then move around a bit for day trips out. Things that look interesting are Lassen Ntl Park and Burney Falls. Just wondering what a good route or loop would be and possibly stopping in Healdsburg area either on the way up or back to San Fran. Woudl it be too much to try to go to sections of the North Coast as well? We also don't mind changing areas and splitting the days. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on some great things to see that we shouldn't miss? Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 2 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 3 Car renting - Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara
- 4 17 day photo trip report - upstate New York
- 5 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 6 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 7 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 8 California
- 9 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 10 San Francisco to LA or LA to San Francisco ?!?
- 11 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 12 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 13 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 14 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 15 Cross Country RV Trip
- 16 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 17 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 18 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 19 Texas
- 20 Hotels Philly
- 21 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 22 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 23 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 24 Universal Orlando
- 25 Where locals eat - Charleston, South Carolina