We are planning to take a trip out to San Francisco last week of August with our son's 16 and 23. We will be spending a few days in the city and surrounding area. We've been there a few times and we've also been to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Big Sur, Hearst Castle which we all loved!! We have never been up North with the exception of Mendocino for a day and of course Napa and Sonoma.
Could anyone out there familiar with the area North of Sonoma give us some advice on some great places to explore? We love nature and day hiking and beautiful sights. We would like to take about 4-5 days somewhere and maybe base and then move around a bit for day trips out. Things that look interesting are Lassen Ntl Park and Burney Falls. Just wondering what a good route or loop would be and possibly stopping in Healdsburg area either on the way up or back to San Fran. Woudl it be too much to try to go to sections of the North Coast as well? We also don't mind changing areas and splitting the days. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on some great things to see that we shouldn't miss? Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 disneyland
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 3 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 6 Las Vegas Vacation
- 7 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 8 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 9 moving to Florida
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 12 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 13 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 14 DC restaurant report
- 15 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 16 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 17 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 18 Northern California Redwoods
- 19 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 20 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 21 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 22 Neue Galerie
- 23 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 24 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre