We are planning to take a trip out to San Francisco last week of August with our son's 16 and 23. We will be spending a few days in the city and surrounding area. We've been there a few times and we've also been to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, Big Sur, Hearst Castle which we all loved!! We have never been up North with the exception of Mendocino for a day and of course Napa and Sonoma.
Could anyone out there familiar with the area North of Sonoma give us some advice on some great places to explore? We love nature and day hiking and beautiful sights. We would like to take about 4-5 days somewhere and maybe base and then move around a bit for day trips out. Things that look interesting are Lassen Ntl Park and Burney Falls. Just wondering what a good route or loop would be and possibly stopping in Healdsburg area either on the way up or back to San Fran. Woudl it be too much to try to go to sections of the North Coast as well? We also don't mind changing areas and splitting the days. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on some great things to see that we shouldn't miss? Thank you for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Denver to Rocky Mt Nat Park in august
- 2 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 3 Cape Cod visit in August
- 4 Quick trip to New Mexico
- 5 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 6 Is this a new record for spam?
- 7 GRAND CIRCLE 1 week RV/Campervan
- 8 Ferry to Nantucket
- 9 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 10 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 11 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 12 BYOB in New York City
- 13 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 14 Sedona to Vegas
- 15 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 16 48 Hours in NYC
- 17 Northern California 13-day Itinerary
- 18 Carmel- Tickle Pink
- 19 Best restaurant in Little Italy?
- 20 Camping Sites in and around NY
- 21 Yellowstone and...what park would you do?
- 22 Sedona - Jeep Tours
- 23 Another question about hawaii
- 24 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 25 Great eats Portland, Seattle, Vancouver