It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 2 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 3 San Francisco California
- 4 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 5 Florida Family vacation in California
- 6 Miami and New Orleans
- 7 Louisville in December
- 8 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 9 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 10 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 13 United Nations tours
- 14 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 15 September Road Trip in New England
- 16 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 17 NYC with 8 yr old
- 18 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 19 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 20 Yosemite and Sequoia
- 21 Disneyland Hotel vs. Grand Californian for first time Disneyland visit
- 22 TR: Washington and Gettysburg in 4 Nights
- 23 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 24 Driving route: Monument Valley to Moab on hot day
- 25 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways