It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 RV road trip from CA to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming
- 2 PRAY FOR THE LEG !!!
- 3 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 4 Driving from Chicago to Sacramento
- 5 Short Oregon Trip
- 6 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 7 New offer from Southwest for California residents
- 8 Yellowstone/Glacier - a cabin with a view
- 9 Trip for 2 to Colorado need ideas.
- 10 Another JFK to Manhattan Question
- 11 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 12 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 13 Has anyone tried Car Wiz for rentals?
- 14 Short Notice
- 15 Advice needed: first trip to Hawaii
- 16 4 days in San Francisco
- 17 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 18 Novel in Progress
- 19 5 Days in Charleston and Savannah in December?
- 20 Pawley's Island, SC Favorite Restaurants?
- 21 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 22 Rental car between Providence, RI and Woodstock CT
- 23 Norris Geyser Basin - Yellowstone National Park
- 24 Another Great DC Trip
- 25 Place to watch World Series in St. Pete Beach?