It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WestInn Times Sq. eating and transport options please
- 2 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 3 Maine
- 4 Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown in 1 day
- 5 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 6 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
- 7 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Quick out of Atlanta Get Away with the Kids... New Orleans? Miami?
- 10 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 11 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 12 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 13 San Francisco to LA, road or rail?
- 14 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 15 Overnight between Mt. Rushmore & YNP?
- 16 Pacific coast road trip
- 17 Wknd getaway within 2 hours of Denver
- 18 ALASKA - 10 + DAYS
- 19 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 20 Austin with Kids
- 21 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 22 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 23 Neighborhood Visiting Atlanta w/o a Car
- 24 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 25 portland and area