It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wedding and Romantic Getaway in Florida Coast
- 2 Place of Interest between Moab and LAS in Southern Utah?
- 3 Texarkana to Wautoma, WI
- 4 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 5 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 6 California Trip
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 9 New Orleans
- 10 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 11 Chadd's Ford/Andrew Wyeth
- 12 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 13 Denver, Colorado to Grand Canyon, Arizona Summer Trip
- 14 ONLY 2 DAYS IN WILLIAMSBURG
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 17 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 18 Weather in Chicago
- 19 Road trip around Washington DC
- 20 Utah trip Itinerary
- 21 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 22 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 23 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 24 Kentucky Derby Shuttle
- 25 Help me with this