It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
California National Park Road Trip Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 2 Breckenridge in October
- 3 How to dress in Vegas
- 4 Chicago Questions
- 5 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 6 USA trip
- 7 Chicago for one night with my teen daughter
- 8 NBA tickets??
- 9 Orlando for Work
- 10 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 11 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 12 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 13 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 14 charlotte
- 15 New York - Quebec itinierary
- 16 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 17 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 18 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 19 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 20 camaro hire in waikiki
- 21 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 22 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 23 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 24 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa