It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
California National Park Road Trip Help
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 2 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 3 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 4 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 5 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 6 Denver 1 day in denver
- 7 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 8 Burlington VT day trip
- 9 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 10 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 13 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 14 Driving Chgo- Denver,things to see on way, where to stop
- 15 Denver to Ouray
- 16 Three days to explore Denver & Boulder - where to stay?
- 17 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 18 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 19 San Francisco - mid October
- 20 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 21 Vegas hotels for families
- 22 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 23 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?