It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 2 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 3 Which island for R&R?
- 4 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 5 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 6 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 7 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 8 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 9 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 10 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 11 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 12 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 13 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 14 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 15 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 16 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 17 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 18 November redwoods trip
- 19 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 20 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 21 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 22 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 23 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 24 Yellowstone
- 25 JFK TO MANHATTEN