It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 September Road Trip in New England
- 2 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 3 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 4 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 5 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 6 Advice on tipping
- 7 Road Trip
- 8 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 9 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 10 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 11 Sonoma Wine Tour 2 nights
- 12 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 13 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 14 Hilton Head restaurants
- 15 Road trip October
- 16 Amish
- 17 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 18 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 19 United Nations tours
- 20 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 21 national/state park in November
- 22 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 23 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 24 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 25 Cayo Costa State Park