It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 2 Farewell from Ira
- 3 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 4 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 5 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 6 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 7 orlando need a car?
- 8 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 9 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 10 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 11 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 12 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 13 chicago to hibbing
- 14 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 15 Return from Bradenton FL back to New Haven CT
- 16 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 17 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 18 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 19 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 20 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 21 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 22 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 23 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 24 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 25 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple