It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
California National Park Road Trip Help
- 1 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 4 Madison Square Garden
- 5 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 6 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 7 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 8 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 11 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 12 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 16 Warm and don't Drive
- 17 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 19 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 20 Biloxi questions again
- 21 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 24 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 25 San Antonio