It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 2 Berkshires with a toddler
- 3 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 4 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 5 Parking fine
- 6 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 7 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 8 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 9 My Maine Trip Report
- 10 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 11 hilicopter tour oahu
- 12 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 13 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 14 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 15 CA AZ UT NV Road Trip
- 16 Good VRBO Neighborhoods in New Orleans?
- 17 Pittsburgh Trip
- 18 Itin Help: S St Seaport, Battery Park, B'wahy
- 19 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 20 The Southern Coast of Maine 3 nights
- 21 10 days in Arizona
- 22 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 23 Hotel reservations in/near Denali NP
- 24 Boston travel to North Carolina
- 25 Vegas/California May 2016