It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
California National Park Road Trip Help
- 1 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 2 hotel near Met NYC
- 3 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 4 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 5 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 6 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 7 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 8 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 9 Madison Square Garden
- 10 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 11 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 12 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 13 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 14 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 15 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 16 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 17 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 18 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 19 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 20 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 21 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 22 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 23 Big Island Hawaii - stay in Kona AND Hilo? Also when are school holidays?
- 24 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 25 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby