It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 2 4 Days in LV
- 3 Southern Road Trip
- 4 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 5 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 6 Planning a Low Country Road Trip
- 7 Must See/Do in Oregon & Washington
- 8 First time visit to California
- 9 Hilton Head
- 10 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 11 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 12 Must see places in Washington & Oregon
- 13 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 14 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 15 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 16 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 17 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 18 Southwest US
- 19 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 20 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 21 Reno GTG?
- 22 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 23 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 24 Lake Powell
- 25 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?