It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 2 Mt Rushmore/Badlands late March?
- 3 Biloxi Suggestions
- 4 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 5 15 Nt Feb Trip (7 in Waikiki). Possible to do South Kauai & Big Island?
- 6 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 7 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 8 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 9 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 10 Martha's Vineyard area
- 11 Maui: 2014 Christmas week
- 12 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 13 Places to visit with a one year old between MA and WV.
- 14 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 15 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 16 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 17 Seattle to San Francisco 3 weeks
- 18 GTG Boston-Cambridge July 12
- 19 Kauai Kona Coast Resort Beachboy
- 20 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 21 Western U.S. Road trip
- 22 Family trip to Arizona/Utah National Parks
- 23 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 24 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 25 16 Days Utah National Parks