It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 2 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 3 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 4 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 5 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 6 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 7 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 8 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 9 NYC with wheelchair
- 10 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 11 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 12 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC
- 13 2 days to do Denver/Colorado Springs
- 14 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 15 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 16 Fake reviews on Tripadvisor
- 17 Western U.S. Road trip
- 18 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 19 Seattle to Oakland, CA in three days?
- 20 Martha's Vineyard area
- 21 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 22 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 23 Alaska- itinerary and general questions
- 24 Your guy's favorite things to do in Door County
- 25 Returned from Sedona