It has always been my dream to travel round the California Parks and see the Redwood trees etc. Finally that day has come! In mid May me and my girlfriend are planning a 14 day trip arriving and leaving from San Francisco. Our idea is to visit the following places in the following order:
San Francisco-Point Lobos-Sequoia National Park-Yosemite National Park-Lake Tahoe-Lassen Volcano-Redwood Park- Fort Bragg(I drop my gf off here as she is doing a nutrition course there)-San Francisco.
My questions are to anyone who may be able to help..
1. If this too ambitious for 14 days (The nights in San Fran so not count in the 14 days)?
2. We love food and love to cook and discover new cuisine. Are there great places to eat along this route?
3. I would love to stay in really nice hotels or the nicest accommodation available, are there decent places along this route or are they all lodges?
Any other recommendations would be most welcome as we are not savvy on California. We will be travelling from Mexico where we lice so are really excited about this Trip.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://daytona500-2017.us/
- 2 http://89thacademyawards.us/
- 3 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 4 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 5 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 6 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 7 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 11 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 12 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 13 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 14 Trinity Site, NM
- 15 Hotel in Reno
- 16 North Carolina airports
- 17 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 18 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 19 Boston to Naples florida
- 20 Retiring to Tucson
- 21 Driving from Miami to Florida Keys - electronic tolls?
- 22 Coastal California trip with toddlers in April
- 23 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 24 best health clubs with lap pools
- 25 10 days vacation in California