Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/zygenx/
- 2 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 3 How To Win Lottery System: 5 Secrets
- 4 Christmas in Colorado
- 5 Hawaii and...where?
- 6 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 7 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 8 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 9 Marfa/Big Bend
- 10 usa roadtrip
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 DC Restaurants
- 13 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 14 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 15 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 16 JFK to Washington
- 17 Phoenix for the weekend
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 21 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 22 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 23 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.