Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 2 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 3 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 4 Northern California Fall itinerary help
- 5 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 6 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 7 Southern history- walkable cities
- 8 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 9 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 10 New Software
- 11 MOAB NP
- 12 JFK-connection
- 13 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 14 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 15 10 days vacation in Maine
- 16 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 17 Honeymoon Lodging and Activites in Sonoma
- 18 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 19 Calming Stay near Seattle/Vacouver??
- 20 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 21 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 22 san fransisco to crater lake
- 23 Family reunion ideas
- 24 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 25 One night one day in dallas accommodation
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.