Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Limo LGA to Sayville: Which Company?
- 2 Costco Travel
- 3 Road Trip Florida to Maine
- 4 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 5 D.C. UNION STATION SIGHT SEEING
- 6 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 7 Sky Harbor to Tucson shuttle
- 8 Little Bighorn, beartooth, Yellowstone, Tetons, Jackson hole, Cody
- 9 Big Island Hawaii car rental
- 10 Route 81: RI to Orlando
- 11 USA family tour
- 12 Country Walkers
- 13 Kailua-kona 1892 monument
- 14 Quick trip to Poughkeepsie area
- 15 BWI to Gaylord National Harbor
- 16 Driving Hwy 12 from Missoula Mr ro Walla Walla WA
- 17 Sacramento Hotel
- 18 Road trip Missoula mt. to walla walla WA
- 19 4 days road trip southern New England
- 20 I Hiked the Grand Canyon Down & Up in One Day!
- 21 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 22 Which of these 3 Kona hotels
- 23 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170321152505
- 24 Baltimore Weekend
- 25 Drive from Yellowstone to Rushmore
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.