Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 Going from Friday Harbor, San Juan Island to Lake Crescent
- 3 inspire me after landing in Miami
- 4 Dallas airport to bush library
- 5 Ideas needed for fall road trip Boston - Montreal
- 6 Dollar to Euro Exchange
- 7 los angeles to redwood national park overnight stop
- 8 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota Trip Report
- 11 Yellowstone National Park in 5 days - NEED HELP
- 12 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 13 Airbnb seattle
- 14 Restaurant Recommendations for Queens/Brooklyn/Williamsburgl
- 15 Self parking hotel in Philly
- 16 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 17 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 18 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 19 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 20 Northern California Gardens.
- 21 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Trip Report - Quick Trip to Hyannis - August 2017
- 24 Badlands - Mt. Rushmore -- central place to stay for a few days?
- 25 Arches or Zion?
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.