Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago to Charleston
- 2 Honeymoon out west.
- 3 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 4 USA, Trip to the south
- 5 How many states have you been to?
- 6 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 7 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 8 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 9 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 10 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 11 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 12 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 13 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 14 Retiring to Tucson
- 15 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 16 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 17 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 18 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 19 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 20 Big Sure in June
- 21 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 22 Santa Fe Itineray
- 23 Roadtrip July 2017
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 25 Yellowstone, Itinerary before
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.