Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 2 Help with first time
- 3 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 4 Discounted Rental Car?
- 5 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 6 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 7 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 8 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 9 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 10 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 11 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 12 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 13 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 14 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 15 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 16 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 17 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 18 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 19 BYOB in New York City
- 20 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 21 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 22 Inexpensive family getaways
- 23 Advice Road trip 15 days California Grand Canyon
- 24 Last minute: late lunch near Neue Gallerie?
- 25 Plymouth or Cape Code/NEED help
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.