Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 2 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 3 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 4 Colorado Hiking in September
- 5 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 6 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 7 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 8 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 9 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 10 Bucket List
- 11 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 12 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 13 48 Hours in NYC
- 14 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 15 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 16 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 17 The District by Hilton Club
- 18 Which island for teens
- 19 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 20 driving RT 66
- 21 Early 30's Couple Spending Two Weeks in Coastal Maine and Canada
- 22 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 23 Travelling from Miami to New Orleans
- 24 Acadia National Park
- 25 Paris on my own
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.