Happy Holidays everyone.
Looking for some advice on our plan. We're (FINALLY) getting around to planning a family trip in 3 weeks to California (2 adults/2 kids, ages 7 and 9). Last year, we did San Diego up to LA, so this year we're starting in San Francisco and ending in LA (plane tickets booked), with some nice drives along the coast.
Given our time (7 full days), we know there’s a lot we’ll miss this trip, including Yosemite, Napa Wine Country and several other things in the area.
Here's our current plan… we’re not 100% locked on the attractions, and obviously some stuff may have to get dropped given our time constraints.
Jan 17 (late)- arrive in San Fran
Jan 18-20- Tour San Fran area
Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Fishermans Wharf, Lombard Street, Golden Gate Bridge, The Exploratorium or California Academy of Science, Presido, Cable Car Museum, Embarcadero, North beach, Pier 39, Muir Woods
Jan 21-22 Pick up rental car and begin the drive south to Carmel-17 mile drive, Peninsula Recreational Trail, Monterey Bay, Monterey Aquarium, National Marine Sanctuary, Dennis the Menace park, Big Sur
Currently debating hotel in either Carmel or Monterey.
Jan 23- Drive south to Santa Barbara: Pismo State Park horseback riding, Hearst Castle.
Overnight in Santa Barbara (likely downtown versus the Ocean)
Jan 24th-Santa Barbara, Malibu and finish day near LAX airport
Jan 25th- Early flight out of LAX
Any specific advice or things we’re missing- especially attractions that are kid-friendly? Thanks for looking.
California: Itinerary for 7 days from San Fran to LA w/ kids
Happy Holidays everyone.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 new online travel network
- 2 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 3 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 4 USA with a 3 year old
- 5 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 6 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 12 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 13 NYC theatre broadway
- 14 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 15 First family ski trip
- 16 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 19 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 20 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 21 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 22 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 23 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 24 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 25 Wedding venue in NH