Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Goyal Orchid Whitefield Bangalore
- 2 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 3 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 4 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 5 florida gulf coast
- 6 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 7 Maui, early August
- 8 Tioga Pass opening this week!
- 9 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 10 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 11 Road trip advice needed please
- 12 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 13 Is this too Ambitious? Utah parks & Grand Canyon
- 14 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 15 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 16 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 17 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 18 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 19 Where to stay - Yosemite, Sequoia, Zion - late July
- 20 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 21 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 22 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 23 Family Trip advice please?!
- 24 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 25 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!