Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
California Highway 1 - San Fran to LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 2 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 3 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 4 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 5 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 6 East Coast in December
- 7 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 8 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 9 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 10 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 11 Florida St George's Island
- 12 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 13 Washington DC in Spring?
- 14 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 15 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 16 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 17 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 18 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 19 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 20 Weekend in NYC
- 21 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 24 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 25 Breckenridge in October