Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 public transportation to and from Freedom Trail from cruiseport
- 2 Nat Park Trip in Utah - Too Much??
- 3 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 4 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 5 SF <-> Seattle in Nov. (9 days)
- 6 Looking for info on visiting the John Day Fossil Beds NM in Oregon
- 7 Trip Starting from New York
- 8 Phone SIM
- 9 Universal Orlando 2.5 days
- 10 DC to Harrisonburg- need good hike
- 11 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 12 New England Canada Road Trip
- 13 Detroit - Something Fun to Do?
- 14 Southern Michigan vacation destination?
- 15 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 16 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 17 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 18 Newport Historic District - where is it? Walking tour?
- 19 A day in Boston
- 20 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 21 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 22 Newport , RI
- 23 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 24 Nilichik Ak.
- 25 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip