Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
California Highway 1 - San Fran to LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 4 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 5 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 6 Brooklyn why?
- 7 Timeshare Nightmares
- 8 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 9 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 10 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 11 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 12 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 13 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 14 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 15 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 16 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 17 Phoenix restaurants
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 20 10 day trip to California
- 21 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 22 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 23 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 24 Rafting near Denali
- 25 New York City Restaurants