Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
California Highway 1 - San Fran to LA
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Denver in a half day
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle