Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 2 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 3 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 4 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 5 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 6 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 7 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 8 Relocating to the Deep South
- 9 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 10 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 11 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 12 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 13 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 14 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 15 south west family trip itinerary
- 16 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 17 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 18 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 19 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 20 Adele saves Thanksgiving
- 21 wasting time around JFK
- 22 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 23 RV Roadtrip | Elkhart, IN to Middletown, NJ | Mid March 2016
- 24 outside adventure Las Vegas? Food too
- 25 SF Restaurant