Taking a trip to California in June and planning to drive down the coast from San Fran to LA over two days (stopping in Cambria after the first part of the drive). My question is: I'll be leaving from Palo Alto to head to Cambria and wondering what you think the best route is to highway 1 from Palo Alto. Should I make the trek north on 101 to Pacifica to go over to highway 1? Or should I go south and meet up with highway 1 in Santa Cruz? Basically, I'm just wondering how much of the scenic highway I'm going to miss by not taking it all the way from San Fran. I've read that the most scenic parts are around Cambria so I won't miss those parts either way. Thoughts?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 2 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 3 Northwest Passage
- 4 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 7 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 8 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 9 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 10 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 11 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 12 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 13 Northwest Car Trip
- 14 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 15 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 16 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 17 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 18 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 19 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 20 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 21 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 22 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 23 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 24 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 25 Fodor's Walt Disney World 2017 travel guide