i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advise on trip
- 2 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 3 Portland-Seattle and lots more: Itinerary comments requested
- 4 Grade 12 subjects
- 5 easy to access car rental near but not in Logan Airport
- 6 NJ to Florida drive
- 7 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 8 Sedona
- 9 Okc,Ok to Taos,NM
- 10 Route Dr. - FLA speed traps?
- 11 Denver CO what to do arriving at 8am
- 12 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 13 Pacific Coast Drive, San Francisco to Seattle
- 14 A weekend in Alaska: Northern Lights and more
- 15 Bugs on Sanibel Island
- 16 Southwest Colorado and beetle kill
- 17 Alaska Road Trip (Anchorage-Denali-Valdez)
- 18 San Diego, Yosemite, Napa
- 19 Kauai in November
- 20 Blue Whale Inn, RI
- 21 Help with itinerary...4 days in DC
- 22 Boston/Cape/ Back to Boston (Or Have we Made a Big Mistake?)
- 23 what western states to spend the most time in
- 24 Yellowstone Lake Scenic Cruise
- 25 San Francisco Itinerary help
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.