i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 3 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 4 House sitter
- 5 Calf trip
- 6 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 7 Key West Hotel in January
- 8 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 9 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 10 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 11 4 week family trip ideas
- 12 x mas
- 13 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 14 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 15 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 16 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 17 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 18 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 19 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 20 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 21 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 22 Stopover in MIAMI
- 23 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 24 San Francisco Advice needed
- 25 Best women's dress shop north shore of Boston?