i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 2 Restaurants in and around Asheville, NC
- 3 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 4 montana vs ft nelson bc area
- 5 Florida St George's Island
- 6 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 7 Union Square area restaurant
- 8 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 9 4 week family trip ideas
- 10 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 11 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 12 Must Eats
- 13 Breckenridge in October
- 14 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 Good area to stay in for young (20-something) married couple?
- 17 New York Food Tours
- 18 Richmond highlights?
- 19 Washington DC in Spring?
- 20 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 21 Arches National Park in a day
- 22 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 23 DC in Dec-Restaurant ideas near Hilton Mark Alexandria
- 24 Looking for Next Destination
- 25 let's do a new Hawaii countdown