i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 2 Honeymoon on PCH
- 3 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 4 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 5 San Francisco transit options
- 6 Best ground transportation from Denver airport to Boulder?
- 7 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 8 First time visit to New Orleans: Hilton Riverside or New Orleans Marriott?
- 9 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 10 No Spam this morning!!
- 11 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 14 Seeing The Hunley in Charleston
- 15 Hollywood Area where to stay
- 16 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 17 Four Nights in Texas? San Antonio? Austin? Dallas?
- 18 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 19 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 20 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 21 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 22 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 23 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 24 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 25 Help us choose a hotel
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.