i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 2 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 3 New Orleans Best Guided Tours
- 4 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 5 3 weeks No Cal and OR coast trip advise
- 6 Mendocino Hiking
- 7 Yurts in Shenandoah/ Blue Ridge VA??
- 8 The New Whitney
- 9 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 10 Berkshires with a toddler
- 11 New Hampshire: start from Portsmouth?
- 12 Should I cancel Florida vacation?
- 13 Ashland, Wisconsin
- 14 LA/Palm Springs for 6 days with teens?
- 15 Highway 1 motels
- 16 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 17 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 18 Grand Canyon Rafting Companies
- 19 11 days SE coast road trip
- 20 Should we skip Yosemite?
- 21 NC large cabin rental - Thanksgiving
- 22 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 23 Deep South sept 2015
- 24 Do you travel with your US passport if just traveling in the US?
- 25 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.