i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 2 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 3 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 4 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 5 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 6 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
- 7 Boston waterfront Italian
- 8 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 9 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 10 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 11 Last minute Maine/New Hampshire trip
- 12 where to stop on the way from Montreal to Acadia
- 13 Kids Vacation Place
- 14 Another Key West Trip Report, July 3 - 9, 2016
- 15 Napa valley getaway
- 16 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 17 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 18 Day in Spokane
- 19 Marriott or Sheraton in Orlando?
- 20 CA Fire - need revised itinerary help
- 21 AUGUST---7 day San Fran to San Diego
- 22 Aug. cruise wardrobe
- 23 Desert Southwest
- 24 Transit Advisory - PATH system - Weekends from August 6 to December 19, 2016
- 25 Road trip from Gulf Coast to Key West
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.