i am looking for some suggestions for my three week trip to California and New Mexico in late August / September 2014.
I am an elderly lady, travelling alone, using public transport and local airlines.
My travel style as a retired person tends to be clean, safe and central, with the occasional splurge.
I intend to spend my first six days in San Francisco ,and after that am open to all suggestions please.
I like slow travel, and would prefer less places and more time in each.
i really want to go to Santa Fe and Albuquerque and realise that I may fly there or take Amtrak.
I would really appreciate all suggestions, especially in relation to places to stay that are very close to public transport, which I realise is a big ask. And itinerary thoughts for after my San Francisco days and before my last week in new Mexico.
Thank you in advance
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jersey shore town recommendation for July 4th weeekend
- 2 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 3 Route Planning for East USA
- 4 Florida keys trip
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 7 Italian Food, Palm Desert
- 8 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 9 How many states have you been to?
- 10 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 11 New Yorkers...I have a subway construction question for you...
- 12 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 13 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 14 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 15 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 16 Skagway
- 17 Retiring in NM?
- 18 Chicago to Charleston
- 19 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 20 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 21 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 22 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 23 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 24 Honeymoon out west.
- 25 New Orleans to Memphis and back
California and New Mexico by local transport , over three weeks.