Hi Fodor's Forums!
I would appreciate advice for our itinerary plans for our holiday to California and Arizona August 2014.
Yes I know Arizona will be HOT but we have no choice but go then due to our kid's ages in school. We are two adults, 2 kids who will be aged 16 and 13 (almost 14) by then. I have been to Arizona in August before. 18 day trip. We have some experience of this area as we visited in 2005 when kids much smaller and did San Diego/Anaheim/Phoenix that time. This time we plan to....
Fly to Phoenix
(we will stay a 3-4 days there as we are visiting friends)
Hire a car and travel up to Grand Canyon (stay/visit Sedona or Flagstaff on way up?) We could take a couple of days to do this ? Jerome worth a visit? Oak Creek Canyon?
Stay in Grand Canyon one night. Looking into one night at the Grand Canyon ranch resort? Would like to experience the 'western' thing!!
After this we will have a choice. Do we drive on via Hoover Dam to Las Vegas for one night to fly from there to LA with someone like SouthWest airlines?
This is quicker/easier than driving back to Phoenix plus takes in more sights?
In LA, we would like to spend 7 of our 10 days here at a nice beach resort. Laguna? Santa Barbara? Newport Beach? Ideally a villa would be great with a pool but it seems these are much harder to come by than in Florida! Or perhaps a resort type hotel which has its own villa/apartments with use of pool etc.
But somewhere closeish to explore a little of LA ie Hollywood, Universal studios etc.
We would spend our last 4 days at Disneyland/DCA (big fans!)
We could always stay on the park for this section.
Fly home from LA.
We are interested in swimming, beaches (including beaches you can actually swim at in California?), museums, native american culture, theme parks and animals.
Any advice gratefully received!
California and Arizona holiday itinerary help
Hi Fodor's Forums!
- 1 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 2 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 3 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 4 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 5 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 6 Madison Square Garden
- 7 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 10 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 11 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 12 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 13 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 14 Warm and don't Drive
- 15 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 16 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 17 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 18 Biloxi questions again
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 22 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville
- 23 Where is the best place to ski and stay in Lake Tahoe??
- 24 San Antonio
- 25 Sedona to Palm Springs