Hi Fodor's Forums!
I would appreciate advice for our itinerary plans for our holiday to California and Arizona August 2014.
Yes I know Arizona will be HOT but we have no choice but go then due to our kid's ages in school. We are two adults, 2 kids who will be aged 16 and 13 (almost 14) by then. I have been to Arizona in August before. 18 day trip. We have some experience of this area as we visited in 2005 when kids much smaller and did San Diego/Anaheim/Phoenix that time. This time we plan to....
Fly to Phoenix
(we will stay a 3-4 days there as we are visiting friends)
Hire a car and travel up to Grand Canyon (stay/visit Sedona or Flagstaff on way up?) We could take a couple of days to do this ? Jerome worth a visit? Oak Creek Canyon?
Stay in Grand Canyon one night. Looking into one night at the Grand Canyon ranch resort? Would like to experience the 'western' thing!!
After this we will have a choice. Do we drive on via Hoover Dam to Las Vegas for one night to fly from there to LA with someone like SouthWest airlines?
This is quicker/easier than driving back to Phoenix plus takes in more sights?
In LA, we would like to spend 7 of our 10 days here at a nice beach resort. Laguna? Santa Barbara? Newport Beach? Ideally a villa would be great with a pool but it seems these are much harder to come by than in Florida! Or perhaps a resort type hotel which has its own villa/apartments with use of pool etc.
But somewhere closeish to explore a little of LA ie Hollywood, Universal studios etc.
We would spend our last 4 days at Disneyland/DCA (big fans!)
We could always stay on the park for this section.
Fly home from LA.
We are interested in swimming, beaches (including beaches you can actually swim at in California?), museums, native american culture, theme parks and animals.
Any advice gratefully received!
California and Arizona holiday itinerary help
Hi Fodor's Forums!
- 1 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 2 Roads Open to Estes Park
- 3 Warm and don't Drive
- 4 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 5 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 6 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 7 RIP Judy Rogers
- 8 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 9 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 12 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 13 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 14 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 15 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 16 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 17 hotel near Met NYC
- 18 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 19 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 20 Princeville in January
- 21 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 22 pa to az
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 Savanah Sojourn
- 25 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?