My wife and I will be staying in Covelo [Mendocino area] for a few nights this July. Then we'll drive south eventually winding up in San Diego. We'll travel mostly along the coast, but will consider more inland areas as well. I've got the big DK California travel book and I'm talking to relatives living in both places, but... there's so much to see and do. So, if you were making this drive over a period of 10 ten days, what would be YOUR TOP FIVE MUST SEE THINGS TO DO? We like: nature & natural wonders, small towns, scenic beaches/coastal areas [especially at sunset or sunrise], parks, history, music, fairs, food & drink, cultures, etc. I'm also a professional photographer. Also, I want to pace myself and not do too much driving on any one day so any suggestions for places to stay [towns & specific hotels] would be very helpful. Price wise, we're not bargain basement, but we're not wealthy either. Thanks all.
Cailfornia Coastal Region - What's Your Top Five Must See?
- 1 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 2 build a nice website
- 3 Red Leather Sofa
- 4 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 5 Albuquerque to Denver
- 6 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 7 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 8 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 9 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 10 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 11 Using public transit in San Diego
- 12 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 13 Williamsburg VA
- 14 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 15 A Visit to Charleston
- 16 Restos in Boca Raton
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 19 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 20 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 21 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 22 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 23 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 24 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 25 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake