My wife and I will be staying in Covelo [Mendocino area] for a few nights this July. Then we'll drive south eventually winding up in San Diego. We'll travel mostly along the coast, but will consider more inland areas as well. I've got the big DK California travel book and I'm talking to relatives living in both places, but... there's so much to see and do. So, if you were making this drive over a period of 10 ten days, what would be YOUR TOP FIVE MUST SEE THINGS TO DO? We like: nature & natural wonders, small towns, scenic beaches/coastal areas [especially at sunset or sunrise], parks, history, music, fairs, food & drink, cultures, etc. I'm also a professional photographer. Also, I want to pace myself and not do too much driving on any one day so any suggestions for places to stay [towns & specific hotels] would be very helpful. Price wise, we're not bargain basement, but we're not wealthy either. Thanks all.
Cailfornia Coastal Region - What's Your Top Five Must See?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 Question about Boulder area
- 3 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 7 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 8 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 11 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 12 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 13 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Biloxi questions again
- 22 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England