My wife and I will be staying in Covelo [Mendocino area] for a few nights this July. Then we'll drive south eventually winding up in San Diego. We'll travel mostly along the coast, but will consider more inland areas as well. I've got the big DK California travel book and I'm talking to relatives living in both places, but... there's so much to see and do. So, if you were making this drive over a period of 10 ten days, what would be YOUR TOP FIVE MUST SEE THINGS TO DO? We like: nature & natural wonders, small towns, scenic beaches/coastal areas [especially at sunset or sunrise], parks, history, music, fairs, food & drink, cultures, etc. I'm also a professional photographer. Also, I want to pace myself and not do too much driving on any one day so any suggestions for places to stay [towns & specific hotels] would be very helpful. Price wise, we're not bargain basement, but we're not wealthy either. Thanks all.
Cailfornia Coastal Region - What's Your Top Five Must See?
- 1 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 2 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 3 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop
- 4 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 5 Albuquerque to Denver
- 6 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 7 Itinerary Ideas for 2nd Trip to NYC ... without kids this time
- 8 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 9 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 10 New York-Texas Road Trip
- 11 DC Itinerary, June 8-13, suggestions welcome!
- 12 Nashville Hot Fried Chicken
- 13 Help with July 4th Marriott Houston trip
- 14 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 15 Road trip Sacramento to Denver, help requested
- 16 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 17 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 18 Dulles Airport to Baltimore hotel
- 19 Michigan Beaches
- 20 Southwest Crawl: Colorado to Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 21 Middlebury vt quickie
- 22 STL Bucket List - College Student
- 23 MOBILE, AL SHORT TRIP REPORT
- 24 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 25 SW Utah