My wife and I will be staying in Covelo [Mendocino area] for a few nights this July. Then we'll drive south eventually winding up in San Diego. We'll travel mostly along the coast, but will consider more inland areas as well. I've got the big DK California travel book and I'm talking to relatives living in both places, but... there's so much to see and do. So, if you were making this drive over a period of 10 ten days, what would be YOUR TOP FIVE MUST SEE THINGS TO DO? We like: nature & natural wonders, small towns, scenic beaches/coastal areas [especially at sunset or sunrise], parks, history, music, fairs, food & drink, cultures, etc. I'm also a professional photographer. Also, I want to pace myself and not do too much driving on any one day so any suggestions for places to stay [towns & specific hotels] would be very helpful. Price wise, we're not bargain basement, but we're not wealthy either. Thanks all.
Cailfornia Coastal Region - What's Your Top Five Must See?
- 1 I HATE COLD SORES!!
- 2 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 3 D.C. in a day
- 4 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 5 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 6 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 7 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 8 A visit to Fallingwater and places nearby
- 9 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 10 Using public transit in San Diego
- 11 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 12 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 13 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 14 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 15 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 16 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 17 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 18 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 19 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 20 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 21 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 22 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 23 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 24 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 25 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013